Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He didn’t have his punishment. Read up on how acted after being found guilty 

This is a big point for me - the sentence was passed but he couldn't just get on and serve it. Instead, he had to try and weedle his way out of it, "poor me, it's really inconvenient" - doesn't really strike me as someone remorseful for their actions.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Globe Trotter said:

Domestic abuse victims are often abused and assaulted many, many times before they have the courage to call for help either from the police or a support organisation.

On average a domestic abuse victim would suffer 35 incidents of abuse / violence before calling the police for help (this figure is from memory 10 years old, it is probably higher now). 
Domestic violence victims will often be controlled and coerced emotionally and financially (not just physically) so serial abuse in a domestic violence context is not always easy to identify or prosecute. 

Domestic abuse perpetrators often attempt to minimise their behaviour and actions by blaming alcohol, drugs, upbringing, or anything else to deflect responsibility and/or blame the victim. 

Each case should be treated individually- you can’t say because of a trend it has happened here 

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Each case should be treated individually- you can’t say because of a trend it has happened here 

My wife worked in both sides (ie perpetrators and victims) of domestic abuse for 20 years. I can quite confidently say that “one off” domestic abuse cases are almost as rare as rocking horse shit. Seriously.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

This is a big point for me - the sentence was passed but he couldn't just get on and serve it. Instead, he had to try and weedle his way out of it, "poor me, it's really inconvenient" - doesn't really strike me as someone remorseful for their actions.

Good point.

Some have been trying to draw a parallel with the Orr, Brooker case.

Well firstly fighting bouncers outside of a pub certainly isn’t clever but for me it isn’t remotely in the same league as beating a woman.

Secondly Orr became a born again Christian after the incident & appeared genuinely remorseful, this individual continued to give it the big “I am” and got out of his community service.

It sends out a terrible message, especially after recent events.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Good point.

Some have been trying to draw a parallel with the Orr, Brooker case.

Well firstly fighting bouncers outside of a pub certainly isn’t clever but for me it isn’t remotely in the same league as beating a woman.

Secondly Orr became a born again Christian after the incident & appeared genuinely remorseful, this individual continued to give it the big “I am” and got out of his community service.

It sends out a terrible message, especially after recent events.

Said this before but I’ll say it again now it’s confirmed; less than 2 weeks ago there was a well publicised mass demonstration against male on female violence. This decision is utterly tone deaf.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, fatchers said:

I am not offended, but I am offended on behalf of people who feel they have the right to be offended. I also researve the right to be offended on my own behalf when I feel offended at a later date.

Its clever, it's witty...

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Is that actually true?! Pretty shocking if so although do things like minor speeding things count?

There are over 11 million people in the UK with a criminal record. Research shows that 1 in 3 men have a criminal record. Of those men with a criminal record, just over half of these had been convicted on only one occasion, and 85% were convicted before they were 30 years old.

Speeding fines don’t count but offences like drink driving, dangerous/careless driving do.

10 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I was not aware of his conviction and only just read the history on it. I’m not comfortable with this . It was a serious issue . I understand people make errors and pay a price for that . But . 

I don’t condone his behaviour at all but  his partner is still with him & has tweeted defending him & stating that he has worked hard both on & off the pitch to sort himself out. Maybe everyone deserves a second chance. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scrumpylegs said:

There are over 11 million people in the UK with a criminal record. Research shows that 1 in 3 men have a criminal record. Of those men with a criminal record, just over half of these had been convicted on only one occasion, and 85% were convicted before they were 30 years old.

Speeding fines don’t count but offences like drink driving, dangerous/careless driving do.

I honestly find this mental without counting minor offences like speeding. Would have thought more 1 in 50 or something.

I’m guessing the stats for women are very low in comparison. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

9AB427B2-DDB4-4C64-9C0C-EA1D204FEA77.jpeg

Even if that’s true it’s very clear from her recent tweet this evening that she feels he has worked hard to rehabilitate himself from his past behaviour. I don’t think it’s for people to pass moral judgments on what is clearly a complex situation without knowing all the facts, especially when she seems to have found peace with what happened.

Edited by pl00peh91
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

The amount of people sympathising with what he did/passing it off like it’s not a big deal a bit worrying tbh. Not surprising, but still. 

There's murderers still plying their trade, nothing surprises me about the morals in football sadly

1 hour ago, Scrumpylegs said:

This signing shows that Pearson is prepared to be ruthless in shaping the team exactly the way he wants it. Maybe this was also some sort of ‘test’ for SL to see if he would have a free hand to make the signings he wants. I’d imagine SL had been uneasy about the signing but sanctioning this now gives Pearson the green light to build HIS team.

My personal view about Simpson is that people should be given a chance to rehabilitate themselves. Around 1 in 3 men in this country have a criminal conviction in their lifetime!! Give the guy a chance.

Interesting that no quote from the CEO that usually accompanies a new signing?

Saw this too on twitter.

I think it’s a signing that provokes peoples opinions.  I don’t know the full details of what happened.  Not sure where I stand on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

This was posted on Twitter by the woman involved in the incident. If she can be happy for him I’m not sure what right others have to feel morally outraged by this.

29BB8553-525C-437D-80AB-80510DCE0F13.png

2FB8890A-6AAE-44A9-A848-C139E134446D.png

That guys made himself look a bit stupid there

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

It’s just a odd one this, and one that brings an unnecessary divide between the fan base. 

Pretty ballsy from NP for his first signing...

I don't think he'll take any notice whatsoever of any pontifications on here or "social" media. 

NP has stamped his authority with this signing as I can't see Ashton or SL being "over the moon" with the predictable, albeit short lived, negative PR that will come with it.

In that respect, I'd agree that is a very ballsy signing.

• Like 3