IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

When the fun stops, stop. Supporting Danny Simpson, isn't fun for me. I won't get entertainment from cheering on a convicted abuser.

Therefore there's no point in me investing time and money and emotional capital into an entertainment company that no longer entertains.

I will not be following City anymore.

@Davefevs, @Septic Peg, @havanatopia, over to you on match days again.....

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I noticed you reacted to my reply. To claim that domestic abuse is not complex shows a significant lack of knowledge around the subject. I won’t bore you with paragraphs of the stuff but for starters knocking your other half around is only one of MANY methods of control used by perpetrators.

It’s very simple to say don’t knock your missus black and blue, simples. Of course very correct but if only it was that simple. Another comment you hear is “the Partner should leave, simples”. You could write dozens of books on:

1) Why leaving is not as simple as it sounds

2) Why abused people have a hugely higher probability of stumbling into further abusive relationships

Simple it certainly isn’t. Btw, out of interest, woman on woman abuse in Lesbian relationships either is or certainly was the relationship type with statistically the highest levels of abuse.......

Think we are talking at crossed purposes. I agree with everything you say on this reply.  

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m more interested in our playing identity, no idea what that is / was ???

Imho, bloke sounded like a complete bellend over this at the time / afterwards.  Whether he’s learned from his mistake and no longer acts like a bellend I don’t know.

I kinda like your second sentence.

Imagine he’d turned up in a Lada (sorry OTIB Lada drivers), they’d all accuse him of taking the piss wouldn’t they.

Overall, really delicate subject.

Very delicate subject but as the women involved has come out and said he should be judged as a person he is now and not 6 years ago he deserves a chance 

13 hours ago, Bobbie said:

I wonder if you’d be saying that if he slapped up your daughter 

Typical of someone posting without the facts. I’m certainly not condoning domestic abuse but now the woman involved has come out to support DS on social media & say the press lied about the incident , are you going to change your opinion ? 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Typical of someone posting without the facts. I’m certainly not condoning domestic abuse but now the woman involved has come out to support DS on social media & say the press lied about the incident , are you going to change your opinion ? 

Tbf the prosecution was brought by the police who witnessed it happening. 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

She says the press lies but then also posted stuff like the below. Something doesn’t quite add up

4A36B824-5438-491C-A8E2-27387A33D071.jpeg

E889AC9E-CB81-4E0E-B641-C9F4388BC461.jpeg

06D325A9-0A74-4672-AA9F-31D8DF2E4DD9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Very delicate subject but as the women involved has come out and said he should be judged as a person he is now and not 6 years ago he deserves a chance 

One of the problems is people tend to read things in the media these days and repeat them as absolute fact, forgetting the media only ever prints stuff to suit it's own agenda. You only have to look at the number of times people spout stuff on here as fact and then the real facts come out and they are somewhat different. The facts that I am aware of are:

Danny Simpson was convicted in 2015 and people have their opinions on that, rightly so.

Then a lot of stuff was printed in the media which, like it or not, justified or not, was designed to portray a footballer in a certain way compared to the rest of the population. How much of that was plain, straight fact, how much was the media bending the truth to fit a narrative and how many facts the media concealed because they didn't fit the agenda of the story we will simply never know.

Danny Simpson seemingly has never made a PUBLIC APOLOGY or shown REMORSE PUBLICALLY. That doesn't mean no apology or remorse has been shown (a more public apology and possibly a donation to an appropriate organisation would have been the way to go imo - "I've messed up, I'll do the punishment, I'll get help, I'll sort myself out" is good enough for all but the most pious/virtuous of people, you can't please all whatever you do).

Danny Simpson and the victim of the abuse would seem to be in a more healthy relationship 6 years after the abuse took place judging by his partner's comments on social media and she, by her comments, is pleased that he has a job with us.

This really isn't as straightforward as some make out. The only clear thing in all this is that what Simpson did was wrong and reprehensible.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

She says the press lies but then also posted stuff like the below. Something doesn’t quite add up

4A36B824-5438-491C-A8E2-27387A33D071.jpeg

E889AC9E-CB81-4E0E-B641-C9F4388BC461.jpeg

06D325A9-0A74-4672-AA9F-31D8DF2E4DD9.jpeg

But you & others come across as you know the full facts when in truth you know **** all . As I’ve said , I’m not condoning domestic abuse at any level but I can’t stand people getting on their high horse about a incident they  know nothing about . 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

But you & others come across as you know the full facts when in truth you know **** all . As I’ve said , I’m not condoning domestic abuse at any level but I can’t stand people getting on their high horse about a incident they  know nothing about . 

Don’t think anyone has ever claimed to know the full facts pal, think people have just posted a lot of decent arguments both way. Is posting tweets she’s posted about things that happened claiming to know the full facts? ?

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

People who come across as being somewhat morally superior to everyone else when what you are describing is behaviour that is morally corrupt (i.e. condemnation without facts).

Just now, petehinton said:

Don’t think anyone has ever claimed to know the full facts pal, think people have just posted a lot of decent arguments both way. Is posting tweets she’s posted about things that happened claiming to know the full facts? ?

No it’s not but she was involved so knows a lot more than any of us . Plenty of experts on here calling the club a disgrace for signing him without knowing the facts. I personally haven’t given my opinion on it because guess what . I DON’T KNOW THE FACTS 

15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Tbf the prosecution was brought by the police who witnessed it happening. 

The fact that he committed the crime and was convicted is known fact. You can't argue with that and it is behaviour that is very poor. If I was sentencing he would have got some bird but there you go. However, the remainder of what has been reported since has been media driven and personally I think that makes any comment barely worth the paper it is written on.

3 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Honestly in my view taking such a morally absolute position on this, to the point of deciding not to follow the club anymore, is baffling. Not only has he served his conviction the woman involved in the incident has literally told the world not to pass judgement on the man he was six years ago and saying how proud she is of him, and how much his daughter has enjoyed training with him recently.

Why some feel the need the play judge, jury and executioner on complex matters as these I will never know. 

I’m finding the liberal left cancel culture ideology is reminiscent of the moral absolutism you find on the front pages of the right wing tabloid newspapers such as the News of the World. It’s based on sweeping moral judgements without knowledge of all of the facts and it’s stopped people from being able to look at each individual on a case by case basis.

It's pretty tabloid of you to reduce this complex moral issue to 'liberal left cancel culture' 

I'll bet you there are tons of City fans that are in no way left or liberal that feel strongly that players convicted of this crime shouldn't be recruited, on principle.

I agree though that it's complex. Not an easy case to judge but our own judgements are surely valid?

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it’s not but she was involved so knows a lot more than any of us . Plenty of experts on here calling the club a disgrace for signing him without knowing the facts. I personally haven’t given my opinion on it because guess what . I DON’T KNOW THE FACTS 

Quite right Stevie. Too many are ready to condemn others having heard just one side of the story. 

The guy delivering on the pitch is all that matters and Big Nige knows what Simpson is capable of.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Quite right Stevie. Too many are ready to condemn others having heard just one side of the story. 

The guy delivering on the pitch is all that matters and Big Nige knows what Simpson is capable of.

It’s like, not one person on here has ever made a mistake . I’ll say again , I’m certainly not condoning domestic abuse . But I bet everyone of the self righteous on here have broken the law in some shape or form  but stand in judgement like their shit don’t stink . 

8 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

throttling your partner around the neck and being pulled off them by police officers is not a mistake. 

Down playing Dv is poor as is using the Dv victims tweets. Way to retrigger. 

Really angers me that we've signed him and that our fans are utterly dismissive of it. 

Way to downplay a very serious incident. 

Not like you to get offended by everything though is it. If you’d like to point out where I’ve down played anything let me know . 

10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

throttling your partner around the neck and being pulled off them by police officers is not a mistake. 

Down playing Dv is poor as is using the Dv victims tweets. Way to retrigger. 

Really angers me that we've signed him and that our fans are utterly dismissive of it. 

Way to downplay a very serious incident. 

Understand your point of view Ralph. Domestic Violence is of course a very serious issue. However, using the victim’s tweets is not irrelevant. She tweeted to congratulate him and in the same thread said something like “there were just two us us there, we are the only ones who know the truth” (I’m paraphrasing, but that was the gist). That is a significant intervention seeing as how no one was making her tweet anything. 

Also, the law says you offend, you serve your sentence and then the slate is wiped clean. I am not defending DS or Domestic abuse, but the law says he is free to earn his living. 

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It really isn’t “all that matters” it is actually the least important thing here.

As for “one side of the story”, it is the criminal conviction that is far more important here.

12 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Sure your post called it a 'mistake' Being tried and convicted of DV is not a mistake. 

Glad I could be of help

So if it wasn’t a mistake then you’re suggesting it was premeditated are you ? I’ve constantly said i would never condone domestic violence which you conveniently ignore  . So, once again I’ll ask you . Where have I down played it ? 

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm sorry, that your post seems so angry and bent out of shape. Also the framing of either or in this case is disingenious. Please do read up on DV and stuff, who knows may help spot signs in someone you know and help. 

No anger here mr self righteous and my answers are not bent out of shape at all. I haven’t personally given a opinion on the incident because like you I don’t know the facts of the situation at the time but I’m also certainly not condoning any act of domestic violence. Answer the question. WHERE HAVE I DOWN PLAYED IT . I’m just calling out the self righteous like yourself , mr my shit don’t stink . Lambasting a man you don’t know because you get offended by everything . 

23 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

No anger, but a misgendering and use of capitals in your post (shouting) as well as a diatribe and some gaslighting suggests otherwise. 

Back on topic yeah, really not happy with this signing. 

It’s in capitals so you don’t swerve the question again . Which you still haven’t answered & are ignoring because I’ve backed you into a corner over it. So come on Mr righteous . Answer the question 

Archived