IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

But you & others come across as you know the full facts when in truth you know **** all . As I’ve said , I’m not condoning domestic abuse at any level but I can’t stand people getting on their high horse about a incident they  know nothing about . 

Don’t think anyone has ever claimed to know the full facts pal, think people have just posted a lot of decent arguments both way. Is posting tweets she’s posted about things that happened claiming to know the full facts? 🧐

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But you & others come across as you know the full facts when in truth you know **** all . As I’ve said , I’m not condoning domestic abuse at any level but I can’t stand people getting on their high horse about a incident they  know nothing about . 

People who come across as being somewhat morally superior to everyone else when what you are describing is behaviour that is morally corrupt (i.e. condemnation without facts).

Just now, petehinton said:

Don’t think anyone has ever claimed to know the full facts pal, think people have just posted a lot of decent arguments both way. Is posting tweets she’s posted about things that happened claiming to know the full facts? 🧐

No it’s not but she was involved so knows a lot more than any of us . Plenty of experts on here calling the club a disgrace for signing him without knowing the facts. I personally haven’t given my opinion on it because guess what . I DON’T KNOW THE FACTS 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Tbf the prosecution was brought by the police who witnessed it happening. 

The fact that he committed the crime and was convicted is known fact. You can't argue with that and it is behaviour that is very poor. If I was sentencing he would have got some bird but there you go. However, the remainder of what has been reported since has been media driven and personally I think that makes any comment barely worth the paper it is written on.

3 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Honestly in my view taking such a morally absolute position on this, to the point of deciding not to follow the club anymore, is baffling. Not only has he served his conviction the woman involved in the incident has literally told the world not to pass judgement on the man he was six years ago and saying how proud she is of him, and how much his daughter has enjoyed training with him recently.

Why some feel the need the play judge, jury and executioner on complex matters as these I will never know. 

I’m finding the liberal left cancel culture ideology is reminiscent of the moral absolutism you find on the front pages of the right wing tabloid newspapers such as the News of the World. It’s based on sweeping moral judgements without knowledge of all of the facts and it’s stopped people from being able to look at each individual on a case by case basis.

It's pretty tabloid of you to reduce this complex moral issue to 'liberal left cancel culture' 

I'll bet you there are tons of City fans that are in no way left or liberal that feel strongly that players convicted of this crime shouldn't be recruited, on principle.

I agree though that it's complex. Not an easy case to judge but our own judgements are surely valid?

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it’s not but she was involved so knows a lot more than any of us . Plenty of experts on here calling the club a disgrace for signing him without knowing the facts. I personally haven’t given my opinion on it because guess what . I DON’T KNOW THE FACTS 

Quite right Stevie. Too many are ready to condemn others having heard just one side of the story. 

The guy delivering on the pitch is all that matters and Big Nige knows what Simpson is capable of.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Quite right Stevie. Too many are ready to condemn others having heard just one side of the story. 

The guy delivering on the pitch is all that matters and Big Nige knows what Simpson is capable of.

It’s like, not one person on here has ever made a mistake . I’ll say again , I’m certainly not condoning domestic abuse . But I bet everyone of the self righteous on here have broken the law in some shape or form  but stand in judgement like their shit don’t stink . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

throttling your partner around the neck and being pulled off them by police officers is not a mistake. 

Down playing Dv is poor as is using the Dv victims tweets. Way to retrigger. 

Really angers me that we've signed him and that our fans are utterly dismissive of it. 

Way to downplay a very serious incident. 

Not like you to get offended by everything though is it. If you’d like to point out where I’ve down played anything let me know . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

throttling your partner around the neck and being pulled off them by police officers is not a mistake. 

Down playing Dv is poor as is using the Dv victims tweets. Way to retrigger. 

Really angers me that we've signed him and that our fans are utterly dismissive of it. 

Way to downplay a very serious incident. 

Understand your point of view Ralph. Domestic Violence is of course a very serious issue. However, using the victim’s tweets is not irrelevant. She tweeted to congratulate him and in the same thread said something like “there were just two us us there, we are the only ones who know the truth” (I’m paraphrasing, but that was the gist). That is a significant intervention seeing as how no one was making her tweet anything. 

Also, the law says you offend, you serve your sentence and then the slate is wiped clean. I am not defending DS or Domestic abuse, but the law says he is free to earn his living. 

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It really isn’t “all that matters” it is actually the least important thing here.

As for “one side of the story”, it is the criminal conviction that is far more important here.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Sure your post called it a 'mistake' Being tried and convicted of DV is not a mistake. 

Glad I could be of help

So if it wasn’t a mistake then you’re suggesting it was premeditated are you ? I’ve constantly said i would never condone domestic violence which you conveniently ignore  . So, once again I’ll ask you . Where have I down played it ? 

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm sorry, that your post seems so angry and bent out of shape. Also the framing of either or in this case is disingenious. Please do read up on DV and stuff, who knows may help spot signs in someone you know and help. 

No anger here mr self righteous and my answers are not bent out of shape at all. I haven’t personally given a opinion on the incident because like you I don’t know the facts of the situation at the time but I’m also certainly not condoning any act of domestic violence. Answer the question. WHERE HAVE I DOWN PLAYED IT . I’m just calling out the self righteous like yourself , mr my shit don’t stink . Lambasting a man you don’t know because you get offended by everything . 

23 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

No anger, but a misgendering and use of capitals in your post (shouting) as well as a diatribe and some gaslighting suggests otherwise. 

Back on topic yeah, really not happy with this signing. 

It’s in capitals so you don’t swerve the question again . Which you still haven’t answered & are ignoring because I’ve backed you into a corner over it. So come on Mr righteous . Answer the question 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is the woman involved . As I’ve said I certainly don’t condone domestic abuse & think the men that do it are cowards. What I like to do though is not jump on  the bandwagon & condemn someone before knowing the facts unlike some saints on here. 

E1A0EBC8-D5B0-49F1-81C1-F61857C6DED4.jpeg

9077BE2B-9C3D-4D71-8987-AD56A11D7CA1.jpeg

I’m surprised no ones come Out with the classic “she’s only stayed/back with him because he’s rich” line yet. Not sure why people are choosing to harass her on sociaL media

Sadly so many views on here reinforce the male stereotype in attitudes towards women.

There should be clear condemnation of such acts - period.

What message are too many on Otib giving to our women’s team and women supporters.?

I am asked, if in somewhat rude language, what our historical identity is. I will give the answer, it is simply expressed - sportsmanship and community involvement

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s in capitals so you don’t swerve the question again . Which you still haven’t answered & are ignoring because I’ve backed you into a corner over it. So come on Mr righteous . Answer the question 

I don’t think this poster is a “Mr” FYI...

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Sadly so many views on here reinforce the male stereotype in attitudes towards women.

There should be clear condemnation of such acts - period.

What message are too many on Otib giving to our women’s team and women supporters.?

I am asked, if in somewhat rude language, what our historical identity is. I will give the answer, it is simply expressed in one word - sportsmanship.

I don’t think it is. Not one person has defended his actions or excused what he did, the only argument a few people are making is whether after 6 years a person can change or mature and atone for their mistake?

Everyone is well within their right to prefer he wasn’t at our club given his history, but equally some people are allowed to have an opinion that in light of him appearing to be back with the victim and her supporting his playing career maybe he has changed?

There’s no right and wrong answer here really, but as I’ve said I think personally I’d prefer we hadn’t brought the spotlight on ourselves in what is an unnecessary signing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m surprised no ones come Out with the classic “she’s only stayed/back with him because he’s rich” line yet. Not sure why people are choosing to harass her on sociaL media

The ironic bit is she got harassed after congratulating her partner on getting the job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t think it is. Not one person has defended his actions or excused what he did, the only argument a few people are making is whether after 6 years a person can change or mature and atone for their mistake?

Everyone is well within their right to prefer he wasn’t at our club given his history, but equally some people are allowed to have an opinion that in light of him appearing to be back with the victim and her supporting his playing career maybe he has changed?

There’s no right and wrong answer here really, but as I’ve said I think personally I’d prefer we hadn’t brought the spotlight on ourselves in what is an unnecessary signing.

That’s my thoughts on it. Can people who have done vile things like this incident change for the better? Yes, not all do but some people do wake up before it’s too late. Would the fallout have been less if there had been a more public acceptance of wrongdoing and remorse. Again, I think yes.

However it’s such an emotive subject so I can understand those who say “you are entitled to work but please go elsewhere and work”. As with all emotive subjects some of the opinions on both sides of the debate are emotionally led and lack knowledge of the facts and issues in the individual case.

It’s certainly not an issue about the clubs history and “soul”, that’s for sure.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

The guy have done his time 

Let’s judge him on his football 

I have only seen good things said from Leicester fans, majority would have him back 

I’m pretty sure success here would mean this subject gets forgotten by most, especially if we are flying high and he is part of that 

Not sure if raised on the thread already but anyone think this is a calculated*/clever*/random*/dangerous* signing (*delete as applicable), given that no fans in the stadium/s...? The last 8 games an opportunity to prove fitness and fitting into a style of play, next season if still here might prove difficult and troublesome with fans, media etc......

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Typical of someone posting without the facts. I’m certainly not condoning domestic abuse but now the woman involved has come out to support DS on social media & say the press lied about the incident , are you going to change your opinion ? 

No. I’ll believe the policeman who found him with his hands around her neck, and the judge that found him guilty of assault. 

Edited by Bobbie

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It really isn’t “all that matters” it is actually the least important thing here.

As for “one side of the story”, it is the criminal conviction that is far more important here.

Lots of players have had criminal convictions but carried on with their careers. Joey Barton for one.