Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ched Evans was found ‘not guilty’ in his alleged rape trial - immoral and highly questionable behaviour does not mean he committed a crime. It was a very distasteful episode but for you to insinuate on a public platform that he is guilty of a serious offence is a bit reckless - you can read more here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37659009

iT wAsN’t SeRiOuS 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

iT wAsN’t SeRiOuS 

Fair enough, you were ‘joking’ but I’m sure you wouldn’t be happy if people insinuated you were guilty of committing a serious offence on social media platforms for years after you’d been found not guilty ... anyway, have a good Friday evening H ...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, you were ‘joking’ but I’m sure you wouldn’t be happy if people insinuated you were guilty of committing a serious offence on social media platforms for years after you’d been found not guilty ... anyway, have a good Friday evening H ...

I’m sure he’s had worse 😉

3 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

You can believe what you like. Personally I think being pictured on the front pages of all the tabloids watching his mate piss in a glass wasn’t a career enhancing move on his part. 

His mate pisses or doesn't piss and I'm sure we'd want to get money for him rather than lose him for nothing the following summer.

1 hour ago, Waffleflap said:

Decent right back .  People make mistakes when pissed up and I'm sure he regretted everything he done to his partner at the time. I dont condone it mind 

That's one way to describe choking your girlfriend.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If he was a serial abuser then I might have a different opinion- as far as I know it was a one off drunken incident. We all make stupid decisions (not condoning, forgiving)

Domestic abuse victims are often abused and assaulted many, many times before they have the courage to call for help either from the police or a support organisation.

On average a domestic abuse victim would suffer 35 incidents of abuse / violence before calling the police for help (this figure is from memory 10 years old, it is probably higher now). 
Domestic violence victims will often be controlled and coerced emotionally and financially (not just physically) so serial abuse in a domestic violence context is not always easy to identify or prosecute. 

Domestic abuse perpetrators often attempt to minimise their behaviour and actions by blaming alcohol, drugs, upbringing, or anything else to deflect responsibility and/or blame the victim. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

That's one way to describe choking your girlfriend.

Yeah this definitely goes beyond a drunken mistake. 

My Wife is a season ticket holder and has been for over 10 years, and this sends a very poor message to our many thousands of dedicated and loyal female fans. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Waffleflap said:

Get a grip . Like I said, i dont condone what happened but people make mistakes 

I agree that people should not be eternally defined by one immoral act, but I also don't think someone guilty of that particular act should be recruited by Bristol City.

• Like 3

I commented to a gas friend of mine that I would be appalled if City appointed someone like Barton representing my club. Unfortunately that falls into that bracket and I am very disappointed with City. Seasons over, we have options at right back, they aren’t great but I’d rather see Vyner there should Hunt get injured. 
What do we gain for the last 9 games with this signing

6 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Get a grip . Like I said, i dont condone what happened but people make mistakes 

Sounds like Simpson did.  I see little point in signing a player for 10 games with the background the player has.  Huge PR disaster that offers us nothing long term and very little short term other than bad headlines

Awful signing even if he is a good player. I would have hoped signings like this would not be sanctioned. Says a lot about the arses in charge of our club, and doesn't exactly suggest Pearson cares about the character of his players (and says something about Pearson's character as well).  If this is they type of character Pearson wants in the team I'd rather Pearson wasn't here.  

Edited by TRL
  • Sad 1

maybe,just maybe hes learned his lesson and has reformed. time will tell but cut the bloke some slack and give him a chance to show hes turned it around.

i would be totally screwed if people still regarded me as the pissed up arsehole i was 25 years ago and have been thoroughly grateful for the chance to put things right and am a better person for it

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Screenshot_20210326-192533_Chrome.jpg

Interesting that women’s aid said that the  club did engage with them before signing Danny Simpson and that their door remains open. Whilst they and I accept that Danny has served his sentence, I still think it’s a good opportunity for the club and Danny to use the opportunity for some kind of dialogue on domestic violence.

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 4

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

I look forward to GmG asking Nige about this. Should be fun. 

he might know something they wont discuss in public. i cant believe NP would sign him without knowing something to say it would never happen again. he would be blotting his own copybook

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The amount of people sympathising with what he did/passing it off like it’s not a big deal a bit worrying tbh. Not surprising, but still. 

Yep. Wonder how they’d react if Simpson had done that to their sister/daughter/niece?? Doubt they’d say ‘oh it was a drunken mistake’...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRL said:

Sounds like Simpson did.  I see little point in signing a player for 10 games with the background the player has.  Huge PR disaster that offers us nothing long term and very little short term other than bad headlines

Awful signing even if he is a good player. I would have hoped signings like this would not be sanctioned. Says a lot about the arses in charge of our club, and doesn't exactly suggest Pearson cares about the character of his players (and says something about Pearson's character as well).  If this is they type of character Pearson wants in the team I'd rather Pearson wasn't here.  

Don't be daft. Best manager we've had for years. He knows his character and probably knows that everyone deserves a second chance 

• Like 1

Just now, Waffleflap said:

Don't be daft. Best manager we've had for years. He knows his character and probably knows that everyone deserves a second chance 

I’m sure if any female relative of yours gets slapped about you’ll be quick to give their bloke a second chance. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I look forward to GmG asking Nige about this. Should be fun. 

I hope Pearson has the integrity to answer the questions posed to him on this. IMO it’s a disgrace and he needs to give his reasons for signing him and not refuse to answer questions and belittle the reporter like he usually does. I was happy with Pearson’s appointment but this has massively put me off him. Hopefully he will speak and justify his decision. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bobbie said:

I hope Pearson has the integrity to answer the questions posed to him on this. IMO it’s a disgrace and he needs to give his reasons for signing him and not refuse to answer questions and belittle the reporter like he usually does. I was happy with Pearson’s appointment but this has massively put me off him. Hopefully he will speak and justify his decision. 

Oh **** off!!!

• Like 7
  • Robin 1