IGNORED

The worst football chant ever?

Unan

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As the gag goes, the undoubted worst football song is started by the Borussia Mochengladbach fan who says “give us a B...”

I was moved when Julie Andrews donned Stone Island and gave a cracking verse of " Super Kala Fragga Lipstick Borussia Mochengladbach" before steaming into the home end at RB Salzburg.

Proper Naughty.

13 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

When I was a regular in the East End we always used to call some poor fellow a horses arse. 
haven’t heard that chant for a while

Seem to remember this song was directed at Fraser Digby the then Swindon Town goalkeeper.

14 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

When I was a regular in the East End we always used to call some poor fellow a horses arse. 
haven’t heard that chant for a while

Was he also the meanest and sucked a horses penis by any chance?

The problem with "Bobby, Bobby Reid" - to my ears - was that it lacked, and sorely needed, the accompanying "He's crazy like a fool"* to bring it alive. Give it some oomph. 

On its own "Bobby, Bobby Reid" was like cheese and onion crisps without the cheese; Laurel & Hardy without Laurel; Kenny Rogers singing 'Islands In The Stream' without Dolly doing her bit.

It's half-baked, too flat, and needs teeing up, like a joke needs a set-up before the punchline.

But the big boy Prem League Tottenham fans that sang it on the telly didn't do this so we didn't do this, we just copied what they did. We don’t have the wit or the confidence to do something more with the songs we see and hear the big popular clubs fans on the Sky sports telly singing, only the tame andrather meek instinct to follow and copy.

*or any six syllable jumble of words. "He's one of ou-r own .... Bobby, Bobby Reid" Ideally, S82 would be split in two, with the Dolman side singing: "He's scoring every week" and the South Stand replying: "Bobby, Bobby Reid" but who will organise this and be Gareth Malone?

Instead of all the time, effort and money put into flags and the visuals, in my humble, the singing section needs to work on its bloody singing first, and foremost. They could be doing it on zoom while we wait to return

In the second leg of the JPT semi-final at home to Gillingham the bloke in front of us right up in the corner of the Williams chanted:  

'Frankie Fielding's in the building, Aden Flint is having a party!' at the top of his voice constantly without fail throughout the entire game, half-time and exit of the ground.

Fair play to him, how he ever spoke again I don't know.

17 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When we were up at Hull last game of the season a couple years back we sang "You're getting pecked by the robins" back as a pisstake back haha they were not happy 

That was one of the best pisstake responses I’ve heard. You are right they didn’t see the funny side.

one set of fans with a sense of humour was Portsmouth back in the 90’s. They sang the predictable ‘must’ve come in a tractor’ and were met with ‘we’ve  just cum in our trousers’ Both sets of fans so the funny side of that one. Not sure if that was a regular retort but I’ve never heard it at other away games.

16 hours ago, DaveF said:

The 'this is a song for Bobby Reid...' song is by the far the worst football chant ever.

I had a far better one than that! To the tune of All you need is love

Bobby Reid is god

Bobby Reid is god

Bobby Reid is god, god

God is Bobby Reid

One of the best chants I heard down AG (although not keen on them) was the “Lou Macari’s red and white army” chant that Swindon used to sing from the Dolman to the away end and then the away end back to the Dolman when they played those whores from whorefield back in the 80s.

I was in the Rovers end (the old enclosure) with a few old skool mates that day and the Swindon fans made a right sound singing it. Lou Macari had produced a good team that were on a good run at the time and Swindon brought a good few down to Bristol.
Quite a lively day as fair few City turned up also.

9 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep.

Along with chants about Aberfan aimed at Welsh teams. Contemptible 

Or the one about the Munich air disaster aimed at Man Utd fans.

2 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I think the most embarrassing was the Walsall supporters singing 'Top of the League, you're having a laugh" when they were 2-1 up in the last game of 2014-15. 

They weren't singing that when it finished 8-2!

No. After the 6th or 7th goal they started singing, "That's why you're champions" and received a reciprocal roundbof applause. :)

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Or the one about the Munich air disaster aimed at Man Utd fans.

Who would immediately respond with a charming little ditty about the death of Bill Shankly when Liverpool did it. I was at a game between the two at Old Trafford in the mid eighties and toxic doesn`t begin to describe the atmosphere.

On 19/03/2021 at 19:47, Lanterne Rouge said:

Who would immediately respond with a charming little ditty about the death of Bill Shankly when Liverpool did it. I was at a game between the two at Old Trafford in the mid eighties and toxic doesn`t begin to describe the atmosphere.

Pathetic does though.

Archived