IGNORED

Rotherham United pre match press conference / matchday build up

Unan

3 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Anyone else get the impression Nigel doesn’t like Gregor’s questions? Think Gregor needs to up his game.

Big Nige has a history with sports journalists and their questions and there’s an example on YouTube from when Big Nige was at Leicester. GmG should have watched it before questioning Big Nige

I reckon there’s  a similarity between SoD and NP when it comes to sports journalist’s and their ‘silly’ questions. The difference being that Big Nige is more measured whereas SoD was more volatile.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Big Nige has a history with sports journalists and their questions and there’s an example on YouTube from when Big Nige was at Leicester. GmG should have watched it before questioning Big Nige

I reckon there’s  a similarity between SoD and NP when it comes to sports journalist’s and their ‘silly’ questions. The difference being that Big Nige is more measured whereas SoD was more volatile.

Seems to be more accommodating with Radio Bristol, particularly GT.

The best relationships between sportsmen and journalists occurs when there is mutual respect and they meet as equals. 

Gregor so obviously feels intimidated by NP and obsequious that the resulting interviews are more than a little cringeworthy. He really needs to work harder at his job and come up with more thoughtful questions to level the playing field. 

20 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Seems to be more accommodating with Radio Bristol, particularly GT.

I’m sure that SoD would have been accommodating had he been interviewed by GT.

Twentyman is a former professional footballer and knows the game inside and out. Managers know that and treat him with respect.

Cant say the same about the majority of sports journalists 

1 hour ago, Street red said:

"Quiet frankly none of your business" How you feeling Gregor ?

It was hairdresser’s question ( “going anywhere nice for your holidays?” style). A bit silly, but friendly enough, and didn’t deserve a put down, even if it was said with a smile.

13 hours ago, Leveller said:

It was hairdresser’s question ( “going anywhere nice for your holidays?” style). A bit silly, but friendly enough, and didn’t deserve a put down, even if it was said with a smile.

Gregor will only become better for it. I can see where Pearson is coming from it pretty much is the same questions week in week out,a little lame to be honest,It's like there scared what to ask him maybe trying to be over friendly.. We've not had a manager like this for a long while and long may it continue.

19 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Anyone else get the impression Nigel doesn’t like Gregor’s questions? Think Gregor needs to up his game.

Thought that from the off with Gregor, doesn't seem to have any gravitas. NP is an imposing figure and doesn't suffer fools gladly.

So many people conducting interviews now give an answer when asking the question. 

Often it's like 'A clean sheet & a few good saves from Dan Bentley today, you must be pleased with his performance?'

I can't stand it, the two guys who do the interviews at City are especially bad with it. Just ask his thoughts without giving yours at the start!

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

So many people conducting interviews now give an answer when asking the question. 

Often it's like 'A clean sheet & a few good saves from Dan Bentley today, you must be pleased with his performance?'

I can't stand it, the two guys who do the interviews at City are especially bad with it. Just ask his thoughts without giving yours at the start!

Agreed, plus Gregor's questions are too long winded and meandering.

This adds to the whole interview ending up being far longer than necessary - half the almost 12 minutes would easily have sufficed.

The questions need to be better thought out and more concise.

2 hours ago, Robin101 said:

I’ll be honest I’m not entirely sure I’d enjoy a pint with Nigel. But I’m bloody glad he manages my football team. 

I doubt he'd be the same in a pub atmosphere as in an interview with a reporter, but it's not really important anyway is it?

I was a big fan of Steve Cotterill as City manager - it doesn't follow I'd want him as a drinking buddy.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of any past City managers I'd particularly want to spend a night in the pub with.

Joe Jordan perhaps, who I've met several times, and Derek McInnes, who I've also chatted to - he came over as very down to earth and friendly and just seemed a genuinely good bloke. 

Doesn’t the in house chap ( Dave? )ask exactly the same type of questions, but gets a different response? Seems to me to be a personal thing. Personally don’t like it, find it bordering on rude. Don’t get me wrong, really happy he’s here & think he will do a good job, he quite possibly would be totally different away from the camera. I do like listening to him though. He did pre warn us I suppose. COYR 

9 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Doesn’t the in house chap ( Dave? )ask exactly the same type of questions, but gets a different response? Seems to me to be a personal thing. Personally don’t like it, find it bordering on rude. Don’t get me wrong, really happy he’s here & think he will do a good job, he quite possibly would be totally different away from the camera. I do like listening to him though. He did pre warn us I suppose. COYR 

Perhaps that’s the reason he’s irked by Gregor asking the same questions a bit later on then.

What people have to remember is that it is our own personal choice as to whether we listen to the interview or not.

I never bothered with LJ ones because they bored me, I also quickly tired of Holdens ‘no excuses’ type interview. 

If people get annoyed about the tone of NP, I’d suggest to them that this won’t change & it’s probably for the best they don’t listen to them moving forward. You’ll get a summary of what’s been said on here/social media anyway.

Archived