IGNORED

Nice Piece on Lloyd Kelly

I spoke to Lloyd at an under 23 game at Weston not long after he made his England under 18 or maybe 19 debut in Italy.

A more pleasant and respectful young man will be difficult to find. He is a credit to himself and to the foster carers. I believe he will get a full England cap and hope he has a long and successful career. It would be great and if he came back to City in the Prem.

Thanks for sharing the link. It’s great to read such a positive story. He comes across as a very respectful and level-headed guy who hasn’t let success so far divorce him from reality and give him a sense of entitlement. I wish him all the best. And also to give a massive thank you to all the foster careers out there who do an amazing job, often in very difficult circumstances. You’re brilliant too!!

Having been a Foster Carer for 30 years it is so heartwarming to read of a successful young man so happy to talk of his experience of Foster Care. Our successes go mostly unnoticed because even now for young people the stigma of being in the care system is not something that they want to be known as so much pain has often led to them being fostered. Even in later life that stigma is often seen as a weakness for them having missed out on the traditional family upbringing and for fear of invoking sympathy and pity that just reminds them of painful family memories.

As Foster Carers we know it’s not always necessary or often appropriate to share our success stories which makes it all the more important and satisfying to read Lloyds story. It is a great advert for Fostering and so inspirational for children in Foster Care to see that a bad or unfortunate start in life need not be a barrier to success and that being fostered can be a really positive experience.

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56334184

Please merge if I’ve missed this already.

Nice piece on Lloyd, it’s nice when players go on but still feel an affection for where it all started.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

It was shared earlier in the week but good to re-post it for those who missed it.

A small part of it was also posted this morning by Samphire Red, but the less said about that the better. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Having been a Foster Carer for 30 years it is so heartwarming to read of a successful young man so happy to talk of his experience of Foster Care. Our successes go mostly unnoticed because even now for young people the stigma of being in the care system is not something that they want to be known as so much pain has often led to them being fostered. Even in later life that stigma is often seen as a weakness for them having missed out on the traditional family upbringing and for fear of invoking sympathy and pity that just reminds them of painful family memories.

As Foster Carers we know it’s not always necessary or often appropriate to share our success stories which makes it all the more important and satisfying to read Lloyds story. It is a great advert for Fostering and so inspirational for children in Foster Care to see that a bad or unfortunate start in life need not be a barrier to success and that being fostered can be a really positive experience.

@Johnny Musicworks Thanks for your post. The great majority who become carers do so with dignity and respect so it is good to hear someone who is proud of what they do to help those less fortunate.

5 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I tip my hat to you sir. That’s a fantastic thing, you and I assume your family do. 

30 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I tip my hat to you sir. That’s a fantastic thing, you and I assume your family do. 

Just on my own as a single Carer and probably close to a hundred lads over the years. I do have an ex-foster boy that still lives with us and helps me out looking after 2 amazing young Albanians. All City fans now but might get a little tasty when England play Albania next week. 

On 19/03/2021 at 22:04, Johnny Musicworks said:

Just on my own as a single Carer and probably close to a hundred lads over the years. I do have an ex-foster boy that still lives with us and helps me out looking after 2 amazing young Albanians. All City fans now but might get a little tasty when England play Albania next week. 

That’s amazing work. I admire you immensely. 

Archived