IGNORED

Djuric or Diedhiou?

WECANDO

I liked Djuric but thought he was as a strange signing. I guess he was “another club in the bag” signing.  He didn’t have a great scoring record at City, or any of the other teams he played for, but he contributed in other ways. 

5 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Ah, the old ‘you become a much better player when you’re not playing’ phenomenom!

Also completely discounting that Djuric had a truly awful availability record.

I have no idea how good (or not) the standard in the Italian second division is, but I’ll bet good money it is far less intense & that is where he has played all his football since leaving us.

Famara has been poor of late & he may well be leaving this summer but this is a random comparison. 
If he hadn’t been such a disaster it would be Gustav Engvall next.

Think its pretty disrespectful to Famara to even have the thread let alone say Djuric was better. Whatever happens these last 9 games or so, the guy goes down as a success for Bristol City imo. He has been fighting the “record signing” label his entire stint here. Truth is 5m for what he has given in 4 years is a steal. 

As for Djuric, I liked him. That said he didn’t score near as much as Famara. Not sure he linked up play as well as FD can. He wasn’t available nearly as much and certainly looked like he’d struggle with 90 minutes of championship football. Fam gets into a very talented Senegal side from time to time while Djuric can’t make the Bosnian side. It isn’t up for debate who is better

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Different types of player.  Never seen anyone boss Sol Bamba like Milan did.

Injuries make it difficult to judge how good he was or not.  Would be interested to know what the plan was when he signed and then when we signed Fam.

Djuric was by far the better player, in terms of physical presence, touch, ability, mobility, control, awareness, passing etc etc - but it is entertaining when posters like @And Its Smithweigh in to basically trash Djuric with pretty much zero stuff to back up it - especially when he or she can’t even include an apostrophe in the correct place in their username - “it’s Smith” - it was so easy to get it right! Djuric given the right backing and motivation would have been an awesome Bristol City centre forward - it’s a pity he was hounded out ...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Djuric was by far the better player, in terms of physical presence, touch, ability, mobility, control, awareness, passing etc etc - but it is entertaining when posters like @And Its Smithweigh in to basically trash Djuric with pretty much zero stuff to back up it - especially when he or she can’t even include an apostrophe in the correct place in their username - “it’s Smith” - it was so easy to get it right! Djuric given the right backing and motivation would have been an awesome Bristol City centre forward - it’s a pity he was hounded out ...

I prefer not to answer, because I don’t think I saw enough of Djuric for me to judge.

I’ve seen good stuff from Fam in his time here too.  I saw encouraging things from Djuric, but he played the equivalent of 14 games.  I would’ve only been him in home games.

4F69B4DE-240A-4F13-8941-82B7071B0ADA.thumb.jpeg.273101f639e0036afde60ce7ea466f21.jpeg

He started his first 5 games when signing, then managed to start 2 consecutive games only once afterwards.

So, I’ll just sit in the “don’t know” camp.

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Agree 

I love fam but even Marley Watkins would score as many a season as fam if he played the same amount of games

Very overrated 

Djuric spent his whole career pretty much at Serie B level apart from one pretty insignificant season in Serie A for a smaller club and a short stint with us before returning to Serie B and never progressing further from there. In the many seasons at Serie B, he has only scored more than 10 goals on one occasion. That’s why he is now playing for an Italian club that most of us had never heard of before he signed for them.

Lets not pretend he was something better than he is. Famara has offered far more in his career in general and at Bristol City.

How can anyone make up their mind on Djuric from a handful of games. He had some potential and promise but was always injured so I've no idea if he could have been better than Fammy.

Fammy has done in week in week out for the last 3 or 4 years so must go with Fammy on that basis.

Love them both tbh. My two favourite strikers of the past 5 years. 

Fam has the records, the longevity, the personality, Djuric has the "what if" and the potential.

Two very different men but both have played well for us in their own way.

Right now. Right now I'd probably have Djuric as a foil for Wells, rather than a Fam who (and it pains me to say this) has checked out.

25 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Similar goal return. Torpey too had injury issues if I remember. 

If we are comparing “glimpses” only, Steve Jones or Famara Diedhou?

No idea. Didn’t watch us when Steve Jones played.

It’s ok not to rate Djuric, but suggesting people do just because he has a ‘snazzy’ name is patronising.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

About all I can remember is him getting two away at Scunthorpe - he was unplayable that day but it was a one-off!

I can't remember too much at all, was he injured for most of his time with us?

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It doesn’t bother me either way whether we agree on Djuric v Diedhiou.  It’s so clear that Diedhiou is better but not going to argue about it as what’s the point. I probably shouldn’t have commented without expanding but honestly didn’t think anyone would think it worthy of debate. 

Sorry on my username. Think you’ve mentioned it before. I rely on autocorrect due to dyslexia and it puts in things like apostrophes for me most of the time as I struggle with it. On the username it didn’t work. Someone highlighted it to me soon after, think maybe you, and I tried to change it but for some reason it won’t let me.  Hopefully you don’t feel the need to mention it again. 

Archived