IGNORED

Rotherham (H) - Sat 20th March 15:00 - Matchday Thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It will be interesting to see how we cope today, will give us a much better idea of how much we've improved under NP as this is the type of fixture we've struggled with for the last few seasons whereas the last two away games (Blackburn and Birmingham) we've had a reasonable record in the past. We haven't had a decent home performance for ages, so here's hoping. Nice to see Massengo holding his place for a third successive start.

Ryan Giles who tormented us when he was on loan at Shrewsbury vs Hunt is SCARY! he was able to run around Pereira, so very scared for Hunt.

Surprised no Olusunde for the O'Dowda match up. Don't really watch them enough to have huge opinions on what they're doing.

For us, Walsh and Massengo I think has the same issues Lansbury and Massengo does in that it lacks physicality in midfield. Up to them to show the quality to bypass that. I know he's coming back to fitness, but Walsh hasn't shown much in his sub appearances. It's be great to see him show some of that Coventry form today! Or just a few signs he's getting there. but nice to see that he's not a risk from injury so can start games again.

COYR. Whoever is out there, let's win this!

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's interesting the Massengo and Walsh partnership. They started together away at QPR last season in the cup. And we seemed to play quite well going forward.

Both improved players since then though I imagine. Hopefully they can do the defensive side of their roles well. Technically it looks very exciting in the middle of the park with Palmer too.

I wonder if Wells will be part of Pearson's plans. If he can't get a game up front with Martin injured and Fam looked so knackered and off form, when will he!

Who did you mean JD?  Wells is playing today according to OS?

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really hoping Walsh takes his chance. Class player. Come on Walshy.

Yep, classy player indeed but I hope people aren't expecting him to run the show on his first game back.

He'll no doubt need a few games to be at his best, though if he's anywhere near it today he'll make a positive difference.

12 hours ago, Prinny said:

Good (very early) morning Ostriches! Once you wake up, get your head out the sand it's matchday!

Rotherham... For those who don't know have had another outbreak of Covid in the squad so before Tuesday had a two week gap in fixture so how much does form mean in this situation? They have an extra days rest on us, but like maybe half of them had Covid, so does that matter either? It didn't matter when we had an extra day vs Barnsley. So we don't get to complain or use it as an excuse IMO. their manager Paul Warne will be missing the game.

The first game we played against them this season was a sign of things to come.

image.png.dc15c0c14d7a6e5aaa635e3ae1aa0bb9.png

The first time? I think that's when the Honest Dean Holden moniker died for good.

They're good at set pieces (7th highest amount of goals). Using the horrendously unfair tactic of stacking their players, then running in different directions to confuse our poor brave honest lads! We're bad at defending them as we've the worst record of goals conceded from set pieces! But they're weak there too as they're in 3rd. We've been celebrating corners and shots this year, so it's no surprise we're 23rd at scoring from set pieces!

This is a game where it's important for each player and the team collectively to show they have the individual quality to beat a bottom team at home. I expect them to have a bit more spirit than Birmingham, if not more quality. I want people to show why they're good enough for next year.

And there's no way we lose 6 times in a row at home! ... ? ...

Kinda expect some changes. O'Dowda did the press conference and he's been very good against these low level teams. Also in central midfield we maybe have some competition with potentially Massengo, Lansbury, Walsh, Bakinson, Nagy and Vyner to pick from coming off a game where we had 26% possession. Does Fam get rested (dropped)? 

COYR!

Condensed Version 

GET OUT OF BED YOU LAZY BARSTEWARDS !!

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, classy player indeed but I hope people aren't expecting him to run the show on his first game back.

He'll no doubt need a few games to be at his best, though if he's anywhere near it today he'll make a positive difference.

You can’t realistically expect someone who has been out as long as Walsh is to run the show tbf. It would be nice if he could show glimpses of what people hope he will be, perhaps enough over the coming games to get a deal done and save us spending a transfer fee on someone else in the summer.

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bit of a surprise that! 

Nige clearly likes Diedhiou. And doesn't think he's one that needs resting.

I expect he meant Lansbury when saying that. As he looks so tired. 

Really hoping Walsh takes his chance. Class player. Come on Walshy.

Needs to track his man better. Would love to see him flourish.  For all my Criticism of O’dowda , I really hope he nails down that position , it should suit him perfectly  

Archived