IGNORED

Rotherham (H) - Sat 20th March 15:00 - Matchday Thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1st half summary:

Method to our play, quite liked what I saw.

Just been a bit rushed with our final ball, and not taken advantage of set-pieces, which have been in good positions.

Goal was very poor from Bentley.

Lots of good interplay in the middle of the pitch.

Players:

Massengo and Walsh linking nicely.

Palmer not able to get on the, couple of loose touches.

Fam looks up for it today, much improved.

Wells on right side, spinning inside on his left foot has opened lots of space.  Good half from him.

Referee:

Made good decisions, at the brink of needing to start using yellow card though, don't think anyone warranted yet, apart from Crooks on Fam.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Nigel Pearson has a massive problem at City.

Our squad has been brainwashed by Johnson and Holden into negative, scared of attacking, unable to put three passes together in opponents half and unable to hit the target more than one or two per game.

This has resulted in pathetic home performances because we cannot play as the away side at home, hitting sides who sit in, on the break. A tremendous effort is needed from everyone to win another home game this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exaggerated? No, fact.

Not a fact.  That's an opinion.  But not one I disagree with.  

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Depends if that loses us our shape or not.  Its only the final ball letting us down.

Your second sentence is what LJ kept saying, as if it was a minor flaw. Replace the only with almost always and you get a more accurate picture of why we have been so poor as an attacking force at home for so long.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Method to our play, quite liked what I saw.

Just been a bit rushed with our final ball, and not taken advantage of set-pieces, which have been in good positions.

Goal was very poor from Bentley.

Lots of good interplay in the middle of the pitch.

Players:

Massengo and Walsh linking nicely.

Palmer not able to get on the, couple of loose touches.

Fam looks up for it today, much improved.

Wells on right side, spinning inside on his left foot has opened lots of space.  Good half from him.

Referee:

Made good decisions, at the brink of needing to start using yellow card though, don't think anyone warranted yet, apart from Crooks on Fam.

the rushed final ball is the problem...needs someone shouting at the man in possession to calm down and take his time!

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Your second sentence is what LJ kept saying, as if it was a minor flaw. Replace the only with almost always and you get a more accurate picture of why we have been so poor as an attacking force at home for so long.

It would help if we had a striker with a bit of pace and a little awareness?

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

we've moved it through the thirds well enough...better than under LJ.

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:
11 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I think that shows why he really isn’t 

Is he pipped to the award by that other player we’ve got who never makes mistakes?

I don’t remember saying this ?...

Unfortunately for Bentley, mistakes are highlighted. Kept us in plenty of games but doesn’t get the award from me. A close second to Kalas imo

Archived