IGNORED

Rotherham (H) - Sat 20th March 15:00 - Matchday Thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, classy player indeed but I hope people aren't expecting him to run the show on his first game back.

He'll no doubt need a few games to be at his best, though if he's anywhere near it today he'll make a positive difference.

Absolutely right. However Walsh hasn’t got too many games left to try and impress Big Nige, just 8 after today. Hope he doesn’t push himself to much and risk getting injured again.

That said Big Nige is very aware of the dangers of players returning too early and I expect Walsh will get an hour or so today ‘miles in the legs’ as Tinnion says.

37 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Ryan Giles who tormented us when he was on loan at Shrewsbury vs Hunt is SCARY! he was able to run around Pereira, so very scared for Hunt.

Surprised no Olusunde for the O'Dowda match up. Don't really watch them enough to have huge opinions on what they're doing.

For us, Walsh and Massengo I think has the same issues Lansbury and Massengo does in that it lacks physicality in midfield. Up to them to show the quality to bypass that. I know he's coming back to fitness, but Walsh hasn't shown much in his sub appearances. It's be great to see him show some of that Coventry form today! Or just a few signs he's getting there. but nice to see that he's not a risk from injury so can start games again.

COYR. Whoever is out there, let's win this!

very much suspect sheer glut of minutes for Olusunde (and Wiles for that matter) means a rest today.

For OTIBers.....this is not a Covid-hit Millers line-up.  We are gonna have to earn it today.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right. However Walsh hasn’t got too many games left to try and impress Big Nige, just 8 after today. Hope he doesn’t push himself to much and risk getting injured again.

I suspect he's already impressed NP in training, hence his inclusion today. We also saw the shared delight from the two of them when Walsh completed a reserve game, and it looks like they've forged a good early relationship.

Agree with the danger of Walsh trying too hard to impress, or being over enthusiastic with the accompanying possibility of injury, but I'm sure NP has had a word with him to assure him miracles are not expected on day 1 and to calmly concentrate on playing his normal game as he acclimatises to first team football again.

Archived