IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Ivorguy

Don’t know about others, but he seemed to be thinking about next season in a positive way.

He clearly was frustrated with players today but not his style to say so

Good to hear he sees his role as problem solving because on the pitch, and maybe off it with the coaches, there are a number of problems to solve

I am sure he will succeed.  From what he said he clearly wants to be the man to take City up 

2 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

I am the only one still to be convinced by him?  Majority of posters seem to think he can do no wrong despite some mediocre results thus far.  
Tin hat on.

Results have not been good enough so far but he will need time to address the issues 

Just now, Nuno Gomes said:

I am the only one still to be convinced by him?  Majority of posters seem to think he can do no wrong despite some mediocre results thus far.  
Tin hat on.

He’s not had a transfer window, he’s had a lot of injuries and he inherited a team bereft of ideas and confidence. Mediocre results are a massive improvement on what we had at the end of Holden’s reign.

He has impressed me with interviews and with moments where our football has clearly worked under him. But Gary Johnson lost several in a row when he first took over and Cotts had up and down results in his first half season. For me, this season was always about him assessing the squad and working out what is needed rather than expecting a spectacular upturn in form.

My perception is he is providing leadership and starting to unpick the problems and weaknesses. If he stays - and I very much hope he does - next season is when I will be judging on results.

2 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Tin hat on.

Not a tin hat, more like a brain scan if you can’t see the shambles he has inherited? Give him the summer to clear the players that are just not good enough. Bring in a few new ones and then judge him. But no way am I judging him with the current squad.

Infact the guy speaks sense to me and what I do like, is the fact he hasn’t thrown anyone under the bus yet, unlike the jokers we had before.

He must like a challenge!

Let him have a say over transfers, see who he attracts and what he gets out of them.

Maybe some of the players now realise they might not be part of his plans. He inherited a right mixture of unbalanced and injured players and hasn’t been able to put ‘his’ team out yet.

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Tin hat on.

No, no problem at all AND you very much have a valid opinion which I think is partly based upon the fact that we have not had a manager of his ilk for a very very long time and that the current squad is not to his standard (my opinion)

Let us all hope that NP is with us for the medium to long term and given the opportunity to show his worth (like he has done elsewhere in the past)

10 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Anybody concerned that he might think the mess he has inherited is a job to big need not worry.

Sounded to me like he's here for the long term, it's like he's releasing the prospect.

Yep. A couple of weeks ago after the QPR game there were people convinced that the first sign of difficulty would have him running for the hills, the usual ludicrous overreaction on here.

If there weren't problems to fix then he wouldn't be here in the first place, as there would have been no need to change manager.

8 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Tin hat on.

Takes time to polish a turd. Judge him after a transfer window, a pre-season and season and a full compliment of players. Not before, arguably his appointment has kept us up. Would we have got results at Boro, Swansea and Brum with Holden in charge?

I feel very assured that he’s the right man after listening to that , sounds like he’s going to be here for the long term and knows what needs to be done , I’m sure he will be a success when he gets the players he wants with a proper pre season and also recruits a new back room staff and also with the returning players coming back from injury aswell ! 

14 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Tin hat on.

I can see what you mean. I'm delighted he's here and hopefully he's still here next season and has managed to get some players in that he wants. My only concern is that if results don't go right some fans will get annoyed with him with his interviews, he does tend to waffle a bit. 

10 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Tin hat on.

This isn’t his team - it’s the one he’s inherited and stuck with. He’ll no doubt have seen some players he wants to be part of his brave new world and others he’ll want to move on.

I’m more confident that NP, rather than any other manager, will build us a squad which can challenge at the top end of the table; one with more of a winning mentality. 

‘I’m really looking forward to how we plan the next chapter, so to speak’  That is music to my ears! 
Really excited by a future with NP at the helm. My vision is this season is about him assessing, closed season is hopefully about him clearing out and bringing in players, the season after is about winning promotion.

3 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I can see what you mean. I'm delighted he's here and hopefully he's still here next season and has managed to get some players in that he wants. My only concern is that if results don't go right some fans will get annoyed with him with his interviews, he does tend to waffle a bit. 

Judge him on results not his PR, I get the feeling that in his mind interviews are a necessary evil.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

This isn’t his team - it’s the one he’s inherited and stuck with. He’ll no doubt have seen some players he wants to be part of his brave new world and others he’ll want to move on.

And in both cases, don't be surprised if some of those players are not ones that the majority of fans would pick.

Maybe will view my interpretation as uncharitable but

We prepared properly

They Are Who We Thought They Were (and we let them off the hook)

Individual mistakes, no excuses.

Planning for next chapter.

So essentially, he's understood that the players are not good enough, he's decided that we're ambitious enough and has the resources to change that, and that he wants to be a part of that.

So can he find talent, or can he find someone who can find talent? That's the crucial part. Keeps coming back to recruitment IMO.

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m more confident that NP, rather than any other manager, will build us a squad which can challenge at the top end of the table; one with more of a winning mentality. 

Nor his coaching staff, backroom staff etc. The short term deal this season with NP was always about having a look at eachother and a feel for it.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Judge him on results not his PR, I get the feeling that in his mind interviews are a necessary evil.

Yeah I can tell that he's not a great fan of the media but with it a big part of things these days it's just a little thing that I can see annoying fans. 

He has inherited a poor unbalanced squad and he must be backed in the summer if we want to progress. That doesn't necessarily mean spending millions as there will be many quality free transfers available, but they will need decent wages.

The spine of our team is incredibly weak but if he can add 4 or 5 quality additions then i am confident he can improve us

Today was further evidence we need an near complete clear out this summer and let Nige build his team.

Too many mediocre players have been hanging around our club for too long. I hope he’s given the support to let these players go, sell others and bring in proven championship quality for next season.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m more confident that NP, rather than any other manager, will build us a squad which can challenge at the top end of the table; one with more of a winning mentality

Interesting that NP mentioned this in his interview today, how our heads went down after conceding  - Just maybe a top Sports Psychologist should be employed by the club (sorry I don't know who currently has that position at the Club)

On this subject, did anyone hear Jerry Gill (Ex Yeovil) earlier on GT's show ? He mentioned this to great effect (quite interesting) with the current mentaility of the Yeovil team 

Archived