IGNORED

Liam Walsh

Lew-T

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Very impressed. Wasn't like him or Massengo could be blamed for that result. Bad individual error for first goal. But for them they protected defence pretty well, battled hard against big Rotherham players. Moved the ball nicely into good positions.

I thought Walsh showed some real quality. Doesn't get many passes wrong off either foot and sees them. Of course the more ambitious pass like when he tried to play Wells in will go wrong. But he sees those opportunities. Looked very strong early in the game in one challenge.

Agree.

I liked how quickly he moved the ball too. Also showed glimpses of his defensive side, little interceptions with nicking the ball in tight areas.

If he is played between now and the end of the season, and proves his fitness, it's then just a case of Pearson saying he wants him to stay and the contract offer will be made.

Obviously we don't know if he has his sights on somewhere else, or even if he wants to stay, but if someone like Pearson likes and rates you, then unless you have a bloody good offer somewhere else, I would be inclined to stay put....

Fantastic display only let down by others in the team and their lack of movement and quality in forward areas. First touch by some of our players today was terrible.

role on the summer when we no longer have to talk about the inability of fam and hunt among others

Easily our best cm. can pass. Looks forward to pass. But can commit the synical tackles like his booking that we dont seem to have a single player capable of doing. 
Im looking forward to Nige clearing out the likes of Hunt etc and replacing with hungry, physical and synical players. 
We are too small. Too nice. Too sloppy and hes got the luxury of ridding most of the deadwood in just a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Easily our best cm. can pass. Looks forward to pass. But can commit the synical tackles like his booking that we dont seem to have a single player capable of doing. 
Im looking forward to Nige clearing out the likes of Hunt etc and replacing with hungry, physical and synical players. 
We are too small. Too nice. Too sloppy and hes got the luxury of ridding most of the deadwood in just a few weeks. 

That spelling is cynful ;) but otherwise I totally agree.

Walsh can find a sweet pass like Nagy and Palmer at their best, but unlike either he's a little terrier and he breaks up play coming through the middle. 

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That spelling is cynful ;) but otherwise I totally agree.

Walsh can find a sweet pass like Nagy and Palmer at their best, but unlike either he's a little terrier and he breaks up play coming through the middle. 

Oh yeah! ?. Spelling as good as our home form. ?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think we have many good options in midfield now. Just need to sort out other areas. 

Totally agree. We need two athletic full-backs, two strong central defenders, and 1/2 strikers. Minimum requirement.

I’m basing that on all the out-of-contract/loan players leaving apart from Liam Walsh.

We might need two right-backs.

Midfield wise, I would actually be happy going into next season with Walsh, Williams, Nagy, Palmer and massengo sharing the midfield roles.

we seriously need to improve at full back (more so on the right) where we need far greater athleticism, pace and overall quality. Happy with JD on the left if he can get over the injury but we do need a back up.

also need to seriously invest in the striker department. Don’t care what others say, I can’t wait to see fam gone and replaced with a quality striker brought in by Pearson. I think wells can come good but he needs to be played centrally all the time.

also need to seriously invest in the centre back roles and find a top quality partner for kalas with vyner as back up utility. Think Pearson May keep mariappa on one more season at least too. Did Pearson bring benkovic to Leicester? Could we see him return as a dominating left sided ball playing cb? Baker will be gone imo, Moore moved on And towler loaned out

First game in a very long time at Championship level so could be excused some rustiness but was one of our better performers today.

It is a feature of this season that nobody has stayed fit & made a midfield place their own, so here’s hoping he can put a run of games together now.

I thought Massengo did ok too, but we do have a lot of very average players in midfield, presumably if Williams gets properly fit he will be seen as the first choice there but we really do need to sort out what looks like a hell of a lot of 6/10 players.

50 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Can you expand Harry? First game I’ve missed today. What did you see that makes you feel that?

Sure. 
Encouraging in that he wanted the ball, was able to keep the ball, passed the ball in all directions, moved for the ball, knew what he wanted to do with the ball, was confident and composed when on the ball. 

He wasn’t perfect by any stretch, but it was encouraging that he clearly carries the ability to be able to change our style of play from a team who treat the ball like a hot potato into a team which treat the ball like a beautiful woman. 

Something we’ve not seen from any of our other midfielders this season. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sure. 
Encouraging in that he wanted the ball, was able to keep the ball, passed the ball in all directions, moved for the ball, knew what he wanted to do with the ball, was confident and composed when on the ball. 

He wasn’t perfect by any stretch, but it was encouraging that he clearly carries the ability to be able to change our style of play from a team who treat the ball like a hot potato into a team with treat the ball like a beautiful woman. 

Something we’ve not seen from any of our other midfielders this season. 

Thanks Harry. Sounds like you saw signs of the player that we all hope he can be for us next season, contract permitting.

Archived