IGNORED

Liam Walsh

Lew-T

Know a couple of Cov fans (not many of them left anymore) who seemed to love him last year in group chats but less so now with Hamer and James. First time I've ever seen him play so I'm gonna jump to judgements. He was alright, nothing better and didn't do enough to effect to game imo. There wasn't much happening ahead of him so hard to assess and I understand it's his first start of the season after a long injury so a lot to ask. He looked better when Lansbury came but also thought Lansbury looked better than him but its a limited sample size.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Sure. 
Encouraging in that he wanted the ball, was able to keep the ball, passed the ball in all directions, moved for the ball, knew what he wanted to do with the ball, was confident and composed when on the ball. 

He wasn’t perfect by any stretch, but it was encouraging that he clearly carries the ability to be able to change our style of play from a team who treat the ball like a hot potato into a team which treat the ball like a beautiful woman. 

Something we’ve not seen from any of our other midfielders this season. 

Manoeuvres the ball with his first touch because he’s got a picture of what he wants to do next....3 or 4 times he did that to open up a forward angle to find Hunt.  Might need to work on his ability to drop the shoulder and go the other way, but that’s what stood out for me today.  Decent return to the eleven.

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You are very easily pleased, he was average at best

I didn’t say he was outstanding. I said it was encouraging. Simply because he showed he might be capable of doing things that no one else has shown themselves capable of this season. 
It was a 7/10 performance, but it was encouraging. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I didn’t say he was outstanding. I said it was encouraging. Simply because he showed he might be capable of doing things that no one else has shown themselves capable of this season. 
It was a 7/10 performance, but it was encouraging. 

That's a fair enough assumption

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Excellent work that, genuinely interesting.

It plays three hundred and sixty degrees. Its simple quick early. Its receiving possession retaining releasing repeating.

It is very encouraging = passes to things. Its red Its not giving the ball away. Something to build from.

Tidy performance not outstanding but clearly he will get better with game time. Despite expectations from a small number on here it does take a couple of games to get up to speed after the best part of a season out. Barring injury my guess is he will start every remaining game now.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Excellent work that, genuinely interesting.

It plays three hundred and sixty degrees. Its simple quick early. Its receiving possession retaining releasing repeating.

It is very encouraging = passes to things. Its red Its not giving the ball away. Something to build from.

The only thing missing for me was the little give and goes around the box.  We didn’t really penetrate in that area.  That’s not his fault.  He did get one with Fam  about 30 yards out, which he ended up spreading wide.

He showed a good first touch and some nice passing a little so much sideways at times but he was finding people and keeping the ball moving, my one worry is he still looks a little lightweight can see him still forced off the ball a little easy, I was hoping he would have used the time off to add some strength to his top half, I hope the club keep him as he's got a lot of potential

On 20/03/2021 at 22:20, Ostrich said:

There wasn't much happening ahead of him so hard to assess 

Spot on.   Need some movement up front.  Bell did well when he came on.  

Walsh, Williams, Nagy, Bakinson, Massengo enough to cover those two CM roles.   

Desperately need to replace Fam and ideally move Wells on too.  

5 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Just watched game, and Walsh looks very interesting. Not the end article of course, but a massive step up. Of the out of contract players, he is the one I feel we need to keep. He has skills that we have not seen for some time. Get him fit, get him with others of ability and we will progress. Very very encouraging I agree. Would like to see him, Williams and Massengo work together properly. I might be in the minority, but Massengo with good coaching and clarity of role can be a very good player for us. More so if playing around others who have good technical ability. 

Where did you watch the game?

On 20/03/2021 at 22:20, Ostrich said:

Know a couple of Cov fans (not many of them left anymore) who seemed to love him last year in group chats but less so now with Hamer and James. First time I've ever seen him play so I'm gonna jump to judgements. He was alright, nothing better and didn't do enough to effect to game imo. There wasn't much happening ahead of him so hard to assess and I understand it's his first start of the season after a long injury so a lot to ask. He looked better when Lansbury came but also thought Lansbury looked better than him but its a limited sample size.

Has to be judged in the context of spending almost the entire season out injured, which you may not be aware of. 

Archived