IGNORED

Am I the only one in here.....

Colombo Robin

6 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

....who would actually like Rovers to get promoted? I miss proper meaningful Bristol derbies. I expect the usual gas bashing in the comments but genuinely interested in peoples thoughts on this one

Yeah I'm with you. I appreciate it's an unpopular view, but I miss the Bristol derbies. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Nah, let them rot. Not likely to happen thankfully.

It's all a bit boring now though don't you think? Cardiff has nowhere near the same edge since they left Ninnian Park.

Even the JPT derby with Rovers was up there with the best atmospheres we've had at AG for 20 years. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

It's all a bit boring now though don't you think? Cardiff has nowhere near the same edge since they left Ninnian Park.

Even the JPT derby with Rovers was up there with the best atmospheres we've had at AG for 20 years. 

A one off cup game maybe Phileas, otherwise they're not getting anywhere near us in all likelihood.

A one off cup game maybe Phileas, otherwise they're not getting anywhere near us in all likelihood.

Wouldn't it be better for atmosphere if we played them twice a season? 

I know it's nice for local bragging rights to be far ahead.. but any derby needs the game to be played, otherwise what's the point. 

Keep playing like we are and it wont be long until we are rubbing shoulders in the same division. You will then get your wish. Me personally , I hope that they drop like a stone through he leagues never to be seen again. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know it's nice for local bragging rights to be far ahead.. but any derby needs the game to be played, otherwise what's the point. 

No thanks Phileas. As I said, a one off cup game certainly but I don't want that shower of crap in the same division as us.

1 minute ago, Colombo Robin said:

Was a genuine question but thanks for the info

Not a problem Colombo, I gave a genuine answer.

Why anyone would want them anywhere near us, I don't get.

We have been comparing ourselves to them for far too long and have moved on. Being in the same league would bring all that back. Personally, I would rather target the big league without playing them than being better than them at being anonymous!

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'll sacrifice the atmosphere mate. Let's play Man U instead, that wasn't quiet last time IIRC.

We don't 'need them at all. **** em.

Yes thankyou, pretty much all of them from 1974 onwards. What about you?

Can't stand the gas and would be quite happy to never be in the same division again.

Was an honest question and wasnt meant in anyway to be patronising. Apologies if thats how you read it. Yeah ive been to a load aswell and can honestly say they are the best games ive ever been to and stick in the memory. In particular 2 - 4 at Twerton. So yeah, there, ive said it i want them to come up coz footy is getting dull

4 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Was an honest question and wasnt meant in anyway to be patronising. Apologies if thats how you read it. Yeah ive been to a load aswell and can honestly say they are the best games ive ever been to and stick in the memory. In particular 2 - 4 at Twerton. So yeah, there, ive said it i want them to come up coz footy is getting dull

I didn't read it as patronising Colombo, you don’t know me so no reason why I should or would. I took it as a fair question.

We disagree about the gas though. I want them to drop out of the league again and go pop, that would do for me.

You telling me we couldn't get a decent atmosphere if we ever made the Prem? I would rather do that.

I support Bristol City, I think it's best for Bristol City to be the dominant force in as big a catchment area as possible.

I don't want them to go out of business though at the extreme, the loyal and true blue few 3000 and the millions locked out shouldn't have to have their club disappear.

I get my enjoyment from chasing the dream of winning it all as a club. So I'm pro Bristol City up to the point where it becomes insanely unethical. Cheating FFP, or employing violent scumbags etc. But some fans want to have a good time through the matchday experience/atmosphere as the priority.

Our last league game was when Phillips saved the penalty for the 1-1, and they went down eventually. I was there for that. INCREDIBLE. 20 years nearly IIRC, early April right?. But I want to chase the more incredible moment of what Leicester City had as a bigger priority. And what I think gets us there and keeps us there, is being the one (big) team in Bristol.

1 hour ago, Colombo Robin said:

....who would actually like Rovers to get promoted? I miss proper meaningful Bristol derbies. I expect the usual gas bashing in the comments but genuinely interested in peoples thoughts on this one

Not me, but understand the sentiment. 

We haven’t really achieved anything of note  in the last 20 years. The first 15 years of me following City, pre social media, sky premiership bollocks, the rivalry on and off the pitch with Rovers and theirs fans in school and latterly work and the pubs, gave football a bit of meaning and energy.

Archived