IGNORED

Cod

Rocking Red Cyril

35 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

So any news on Cod going off. He looked clearly very upset but did not appear to be limping or carrying an injury 

OK so I put the topic up twice by accident. I am sorry 

But quite a few views with no replys. Did I think I saw something that did not happen ?

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

OK, I would of thought he be one of our better players who we would want to improve with the team in the future 

Sorry but his goals and assists stats per season are dreadful. Can't pass or cross and lacks composure. A sub against tired legs is his only use.

I think there is a player in C' OD. He's got the stature, athletisism and decent left foot to be a real talent. He just needs a manager to get the best out of him.

He would be a "keep" for me in the summer but i do agree that he has to start producing consistant performances next season

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

I was watching on Robins TV but I didn’t see what happened. The commentator mentioned him being in tears, then the camera briefly showed him walking down the tunnel with his head in his hands. 

Yes that what I saw and heard. But nothing more said on it after the game. Strikes me as odd 

7 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

All about opinions, cod is a superb athlete,,, but his goals and assists record tells the story, he isnt a championship footballer in my opinion, weve been watching him have 1 or 2 good games a season for years.

I don't disagree with you about his stats but COD has all the qualities to be a proper player.

Bobby Reid showed very little until the age of 25 and suddenly became a £10 million pound footballer.

Next season will be crucial but i think he deserves a run of games in a decent team

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes that what I saw and heard. But nothing more said on it after the game. Strikes me as odd 

I guess what we’re wondering here is did Callum have a melt down on the pitch rather than an injury ? It must happen more than we as fans realise . Hope not but wish him all the best if so . It happens in every high pressure workplace every day so why not on a football pitch ? 

I'd be interested in how the new coaching setup could work with CO'D, the 'don't turn back, don't turn back' shouted at Kasey, if they can get that mentality into O'Dowda and keep him running at players would add to his game. He's certainly one of few we have who'll really drive with the ball to get us up the pitch.

I think we’ve said for the last couple of years, “next season is crucial”. We’ll be saying it for another couple if he stays. If we have aspirations of top 8 football, he isn’t good enough. Should’ve shipped him out after the contract debacle. He is one of many who are of similar standard or level of consistency. 

O’Dowda’s best performances have been when he’s out of the side. Like many. 

There may be some ability in COD and he has generally played better this year, but he appears to me as a "lightweight" it looks like he has been told to stop running into opposition platers, falling over and hoping for a foul, but his distribution is at best inconsistent.

We played with 10 men for the last few minutes of the game - I don't think we played any worse without COD - think that tells you something.

3 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I think we’ve said for the last couple of years, “next season is crucial”. We’ll be saying it for another couple if he stays. If we have aspirations of top 8 football, he isn’t good enough. Should’ve shipped him out after the contract debacle. He is one of many who are of similar standard or level of consistency. 

O’Dowda’s best performances have been when he’s out of the side. Like many. 

Couldn’t agree more!

He’s had over four years now prove himself and has failed time and again to produce anything like consistently good performances. 

Along with the out of contract players and the likes of Pato and Weinmann he needs to move on to really freshen things up and transition from the whole Johnson and Holden era.

14 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I think there is a player in C' OD. He's got the stature, athletisism and decent left foot to be a real talent. He just needs a manager to get the best out of him.

He would be a "keep" for me in the summer but i do agree that he has to start producing consistant performances next season

He’s 25 now and been with us since 2016! Thinking there’s a player in COD doesn’t cut it anymore. Move him on please.

22 minutes ago, Kashmir said:

He’s 25 now and been with us since 2016! Thinking there’s a player in COD doesn’t cut it anymore. Move him on please.

I'm fine with moving him and others on if we replace with Champ standard players who are ready to hit the ground running. Our recruitment over the past few years has been pretty shocking.

Its all about opinions and i think he's got ability and 25 is not old by anymeans. I would guess that he wouldn't be short of Champ options if he did go and i could see him doing very well at another club.

It feels as tho this forum is very split over him, which probably goes for 80% of our squad!

Hate to read “he’s had almost no assists” it’s not his fault, or for that matter any other midfielders, if the forwards are stealing a wage! Our forwards are so poor it’s a wonder we are hovering in mid table, Fam still can’t control a second touch, Semenyo still very inexperienced and Wells has the experience and the skills but no ambition!
We could play 3 u18s up front and cause more problems for defences than the current senior forwards do!

19 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

Everyone has been saying this about 4 years but there’s no general improvement 

36 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d buy anyone a pint if they could guarantee me that COD and Pato weren’t here next season. 

Pato on a free to Cov and COD to Sunderland for a pittance. That’d make me very satisfied. 

I am assuming you are MATE and not CSI 

He was a good outlet when breaking out from the back yesterday. Finding good space.
BUT, it was so frustrating seeing him run with the ball and as soon as an opponent got near him he checked back! This gave the opposition the opportunity to get everyone behind the ball.

Archived