IGNORED

Eliasson - don't click if you hate ex players

Bristol Rob

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has, according to Wikipedia scored 5 goals in 10 appearances for Nimes.

That can't be right, surely?

In the French league, he has featured in 21 games, starting 13 with 8 sub appearances. He has scored 4 goals, including two in one game (one was a tap in, the other hit him as he tried to control it and it went in). Nîmes are one of the bottom of the table. 

I’ve looked out for Nimes’ results to see if he scores and when he does found highlights on You Tube. 

Anything he’s done has been no better than when he was with us - in fact none of his goals have been clean mid distance or further strikes. 

Another player who excites a lot but never developed into a consistent top quality player. 

Sadly we were right to allow him to move on. 

38 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

I’ve looked out for Nimes’ results to see if he scores and when he does found highlights on You Tube. 

Anything he’s done has been no better than when he was with us - in fact none of his goals have been clean mid distance or further strikes. 

Another player who excites a lot but never developed into a consistent top quality player. 

Right to move him on because of his contract - one of the highest assists in the league and one of the best Crossers I've seen at the gate. He would walk into this side now and it was criminal that he was never replaced.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s history. I don’t know why people obsess over players and managers that have moved on. ? 

Local boys I understand. The rest, well, if I'm watching a game I will take an extra interest in how they perform, but otherwise I don't care.

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

And COD signs contract, he he.

10 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

He struggled to start with, as you might expect in a new country.
Been doing ok lately though, a brace against Marseille and an assist away to high flying Lille today

He is playing in a team who have just been promoted to Ligue 1 and were always going to struggle.

It was a strange move for him but he probably hoped to catch the eye of a bigger European club and I suspect that there weren’t any other concrete offers on the table for him at the time.

He is a very talented player and I am sure that we would have got more points on the board if he stayed with us, we have been toothless in attack for most of season. 

I was surprised he went there, they were only a second tier team all the time I lived nearby, although Eric Cantona was a former player before that. But you play against some very good players in L1, so hopefully he’s improved.

We have definitely missed his assists this season, we create so few chances in games. 

A victim of the (lack of) "identity" for the past few years.

I think it's annoying we didnt sell him earlier and get more for him.

It's also annoying we didnt build a team around a style that played to his strengths.

Instead we ended up using him as a desperation tactic when things weren't going our way, often to better effect than our plan a. Then we lose him for less than his value when he cant get game time.

Mistakes were made.

Archived