IGNORED

time to dump your sky subscription for the summer

Following City's utterly useless performance midweek & in anticipation of similar yesterday I didn't bother to buy the game via Robins TV.

I enjoyed a fabulous afternoon watching excellent racing & cricket coverage, full of skill, bravery and endeavour. 

Post Covid City's real problem will be folks like me wondering whether or not the hassle of attending games (Bristol HATES visitors) to be served up dross is worth it?

6 hours ago, Spoons said:

There is much more to sky than the sports channels. 

I agree, plus there is a lot more on Sky Sports than the football channels. Watching the various cycling tours on a sunny afternoon is great. . Sometimes nothing much happens for a couple of hours but it’s very relaxing watching the wonderful scenery pass by. Almost as good as watching the potters wheel during the interlude. (You have to be under 65 ish to remember the potters wheel) 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sky Sports just launched a new channel:

- Sky Sports Steam Train Racing

Filmed exclusively at Parson Street, and runs for the summer.

I'm surprised nobody suggested Lokomotiv Moscow as one of the teams....so I will!

35 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I agree, plus there is a lot more on Sky Sports than the football channels. Watching the various cycling tours on a sunny afternoon is great. . Sometimes nothing much happens for a couple of hours but it’s very relaxing watching the wonderful scenery pass by. Almost as good as watching the potters wheel during the interlude. (You have to be under 65 ish to remember the potters wheel) 

Sure, but that's Eurosport. Don't need Sky Sports for that, fortunately. 

Most of my TV watching is cycling, then Motogp/Superbikes. Eurosport coverage is excellence for cycling. 

I'd sooner lose football coverage before any of the others mentioned. 

15 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sure, but that's Eurosport. Don't need Sky Sports for that, fortunately. 

Most of my TV watching is cycling, then Motogp/Superbikes. Eurosport coverage is excellence for cycling. 

I'd sooner lose football coverage before any of the others mentioned. 

I forgot about Eurosport as I’ve got the Virgin sports cable package.  I think  this is better the Sky via a satellite as it includes things such as BT Sports. BT Sports shows, amongst other things, Premiership rugby so I can enjoy watching Bristol Bears win.  I’m sure there will be a few obscure sports on during the summer that I can try out. 

Tried to cancel and the automated system asked me to confirm the last 2 digits of my bank account, said ok then finished the call.

No email to confirm, no change showing on my account or future bills. I'm on a monthly contract for the football only. Guess I'm gonna have to find a route through to a human to check it actually cancelled. Annoying. 

Archived