IGNORED

Footballer haircuts

Sir Colby-Tit

Watching Chelsea vs Sheffield United, and noticed the players are all sporting freshly trimmed barnets. 

Seems a bit suspect, seeing as the barbers and salons are closed. 

Personally, I'm having to wear a hat at the moment, if I leave the house. 

Are they all married to hairdressers, or is there some rule breaking going on? 

Woss reckon? 

1 minute ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Watching Chelsea vs Sheffield United, and noticed the players are all sporting freshly trimmed barnets. 

Woss reckon? 

Must say i thought the same about our very own Mr Kalas yesterday 

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

their medical team might be a bunch of hairdressers

Even so. I've heard of people in care homes who have carers washing their hair yet they're not allowed to cut their hair. Rule breaking I reckon.

(I do of course realise you were only joking about them all being hairdressers ?)

As I’m an old stager, I think they should just splodge Brycream on their hair. It would keep anything under control, plus if it was good enough for John Atyeo it should be good enough for them 

1234BC0F-DA92-42E4-8066-3455E0C87875.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Woss reckon? 

This the first game you've watched in the last 3 months?

I assume its the same rules as movie / film etc. The "elite" are treated differently ?

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I've thought this since the start of lockdown, it looks as if almost all of them have their hair cut every week or so. 

Not fair is it? I was hoping long hair would make me look sophisticated but I resemble a hobo who has been on the buckfast.

58 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Woss reckon? 

Looking at most of their haircuts, I think they're the same as the short back and sides my old man made me have when I was a kid. 5 minutes with a straight zoom up the back and to the side done by their partners. Pretty ugly I reckon.

I currently look like Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future.

I think I read that the entertainment industry ( TV etc) has been allowed to have makeup and hairdressers on set for performers appearing in front of the cameras and that agents have successfully argued that their client footballers should be treated the same as they also appear in front of TV cameras. As a result they have been allowed to have barbers/hairdressers at the ground!

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Looking at most of their haircuts, I think they're the same as the short back and sides my old man made me have when I was a kid. 5 minutes with a straight zoom up the back and to the side done by their partners. Pretty ugly I reckon.

I currently look like Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future.

If my hair gets much longer I will be  looking at joining a Led Zeppelin tribute band!

1 hour ago, Bristolisredd said:

Who gives a shit

Maybe you could suggest a new title for this thread and I can edit it? You have appeared to have accidentally stumbled onto something which not clear enough to avoid and you have no interest or meaningful contribution to it?

14 hours ago, Bristolisredd said:

Who gives a shit

It's the principle. Footballers are role models to so many kids. What they are doing, despite it being a relatively small thing, is send a message that it's ok to bend the rules in a global pandemic essentially for vanity reasons. 

Whilst some clubs may have employed barbers, I doubt they all have. Stands to reason there are some players who have gone out of their way to get haircuts. Probably some of our own. 

It's obviously a small thing, and I would be surprised if there is anyone who's posted on this thread who hasn't bent the rules in some way in the last year, but whilst footballers are in the public eye and are role models then they should be held to a high standard.

Lots of people are ignoring the rules regarding the pandemic - especially where furloughing is concerned - people "furloughed" and simultaneously working for cash in hand. HMRC have set up a dedicated fraud centre to try to deal with this and the belief is that current fraudulent claims are in the £100's millions. 

35 minutes ago, big dosser said:

take my advice chaps,dont let your wife talk you into the i can cut your hair love, that hairdressing word blended goes straight out the window.

I've had a go at cutting my own hair and I've been able to blend it quite well at the sides! The back is a different story and I've sort of left the top to do what it wants...

10 minutes ago, grifty said:

I've had a go at cutting my own hair and I've been able to blend it quite well at the sides! The back is a different story and I've sort of left the top to do what it wants...

NINTCHDBPICT000463262881.jpg

Archived