IGNORED

Alex Neil

kiwicolin

Probably the best for both parties, the club seems like it needs a freshen up the same way LJ's tenure staled and from Neil's perspective he was apparently growing increasingly frustrated by the lack of resources he was being given, apparently was being given 10% of what he was making off player sales to reinvest. Personally if this had happened at the same time as Holden's sacking and Pearson didn't want to come here I'd have been interested in Neil coming here.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I can see them being in trouble next season if they dont get this appointment right, been shooting above their resources for a number of seasons now

Losing Ben Pearson has hit them hard. He was the one holding a lot of very average players (with one or two exceptions) together IMO.

31 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

If Pearson doesn’t stay on after this summer, I can see Neil being out next manager

Apologies for the crassness, but people are w******* themselves silly over the morbid worst case scenario that Pearson doesn’t stay on. He obviously will.

I’ll have a good natured £10 bet to a charity of choice that Pearson stays on barring an unlikely relegation. 

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Small club, low budget, Neil has done really well to keep them top half for so long.

Horrible to play against, but very effective.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he tipped up at Aberdeen next.

A poster on their forum nailed it. `He stopped overachieving`

They also think Aberdeen is a strong possibility.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Apologies for the crassness, but people are w******* themselves silly over the morbid worst case scenario that Pearson doesn’t stay on. He obviously will.

I’ll have a good natured £10 bet to a charity of choice that Pearson stays on barring an unlikely relegation. 

It has been many years now, probably almost 50, but, from memory, the last time I w***ed myself silly (as you describe it so elegantly ?) I thought of more inspiring things than City’s manager.

I seem to recall that the  young lady in Bewitched was a particular favourite - I won’t name her out of mutual respect, as I believe she was quite keen on me as well ?.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It has been many years now, probably almost 50, but, from memory, the last time I w***ed myself silly (as you describe it so elegantly ?) I thought of more inspiring things than City’s manager.

I seem to recall that the  young lady in Bewitched was a particular favourite - I won’t name her out of mutual respect, as I believe she was quite keen on me as well ?.

There are several episodes on youtube if you want to relive your youth

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gy5QbFqFTtI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have to say phil samantha and emma peel were particular favourites of mine ??

5 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Lost a few players recently and a few more out of contract in the summer, Daniel Johnson please 

Johnson actually ended up re-signing.

Neil is a good manager and has done a good job. The January window was a disaster with 3 key players all going in the middle of the season and not properly replaced. The whole season has been managed terribly off the field with contract and recruitment issues.

We are now in danger of doing a Hull and the club have made the change to try to secure 5-6 points for safety. Neil will probably be happy to go and have a fresh start somewhere.

We won't be making a long-term appointment until the summer. There is going to be a re-structuring with a 'head coach' coming in and the club re-working what has been a shockingly amateur recruitment set-up up until now. Our recruitment has been woeful for 3-4 years now on the whole.

14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The bolded bit genuinely made me laugh 

Nigel Pearson: Bristol City manager hopes to extend stay beyond May - BBC  Sport

On 21/03/2021 at 17:55, Phileas Fogg said:

Are they? I dont think I've seen anyone that actually thinks he'll go?

Archived