IGNORED

Salary Sport - How Accurate is this?

Silvio Dante

While reading the gas forum for amusement, one of the belters was moaning about how much they were paying the players and linked to the “salary sport” site.

This is our entry. Goes all the way down to youth team. Ripped off from football manager, accurate or total guesswork?

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/bristol-city/

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Geeze 27k a week for Nahki , 19k for injury prone Baker and 13 k for hunt geeze ! 

Well if there is any truth in it thats ridiculous but I dont believe a random site would be able to obtain contract information. 

Its probably what a bloke down the pub been telling everyone... 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Geeze 27k a week for Nahki , 19k for injury prone Baker and 13 k for hunt geeze ! 

Well if there is any truth in it thats ridiculous but I dont believe a random site would be able to obtain contract information. 

Maybe guess work... but I bet it’s not a million miles away

although some of the low ones (sessegon) look very low!

The other prob with wages is we don’t know whether what’s reported is basic, plus bonuses, etc, etc.  I’m sure these websites, and the likes of FM aren’t a million mikes away, but I’d never go quoting any of them as fact.

Although as I understand it KP had to declare his Chelsea salary in court for some charge or another.

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

From my understanding of another club's finances, the wages quoted are quite far off the mark. The quoted figure for some is about 50% higher than their actual salary but a few aren't a million miles away. 

What’s your expectation of an average contract (if there is such a thing) of basic and bonuses, or does it vary so much player to player?

I remember way back (late 80s) my mate picking over £1k in appearance money in a month on top of his basic.

It looks quite accurate from what I know, which is next to nothing other than a few credible journos and that leaked spreadsheet that a member of staff left in a coffee shop.

Edit: Chris Martins is way out, I know for a fact what his basic is. One of the only times I've ever been itk.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What’s your expectation of an average contract (if there is such a thing) of basic and bonuses, or does it vary so much player to player?

I remember way back (late 80s) my mate picking over £1k in appearance money in a month on top of his basic.

There's players out there with huge bonuses but those tend to be for more marquee signings. I know of a misfiring Premier League striker who is on £115k a week but has a bonus of £70k per goal (in case the weekly wage wasn't a big enough incentive to do the job he is paid to do!). Others have bonuses for finishing in the top half of the table etc. A more reasonable goal bonus would be 10 to 20 percent of the weekly wage and I'd expect the forward players at City to have a similar goal bonus in addition to promotion clauses which are standard for Championship squads. 

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well if there is any truth in it thats ridiculous but I dont believe a random site would be able to obtain contract information. 

It's going to be close enough when you consider our total wage bill.  I reckon we've spent about £8 million on Baker.  84 appearances....

Without talking about specific clubs, I'm not sure how accurate it is in general.

Given the sum total of player wages on these sorts of pages and what the Accounts show- taking into account that what footballers earn will be the bulk of the wage bill certainly at our level, maybe everywhere- maybe decent chunks are bonus dependent and this could help to explain the shortcoming, but on balance it doesn't seem that reliable when set against wage bills that exceed 100% of the average turnover at our level.

The difference in Zak and Max’s wages seem iffy to me, both extended at the same time this summer, if the info is accurate I’d be surprised at that gap, Max should be finding himself a better agent if that’s all he’s on as championship number 2’s would likely be making better. 

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

There's players out there with huge bonuses but those tend to be for more marquee signings. I know of a misfiring Premier League striker who is on £115k a week but has a bonus of £70k per goal (in case the weekly wage wasn't a big enough incentive to do the job he is paid to do!). Others have bonuses for finishing in the top half of the table etc. A more reasonable goal bonus would be 10 to 20 percent of the weekly wage and I'd expect the forward players at City to have a similar goal bonus in addition to promotion clauses which are standard for Championship squads. 

Sounds exactly like a potential Newcastle and joelinton situation....

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I thought it was said before that Kalas was on 30k+ per week?

Lots of things get said on here... mostly by people who have spoken to a steward who doubles up as a board member and football agent.

Repeat the claim 4 times on OTIB and it then becomes fact.

Granted, there are probably a few people who are in the know, but I'd imagine they are far too discrete to say what it is they do know.

I would imagine most people don't accurately know what their colleagues earn, let along the salaries of another company.

I was having a chat the other day with a workmate and we started chatting about winning the lottery. He's well into the Set for Life game, £10k a month for 30 years. I agreed it would be amazing to win that.

But looking at that table, winning Set for Life is abject poverty compared to some very very average Championship players.

38 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I was having a chat the other day with a workmate and we started chatting about winning the lottery. He's well into the Set for Life game, £10k a month for 30 years. I agreed it would be amazing to win that.

But looking at that table, winning Set for Life is abject poverty compared to some very very average Championship players.

Yet quite a significant proportion end up blowing it all 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-do-so-many-footballers-end-broke-fourfourtwo-investigates

23 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

That's a great article.

It's not surprising really that young people blow all their money. If I had been rich in my early 20s, i'm not convinced I'd have even survived let alone had any money left by the time I was 30.

7 hours ago, The Bard said:

It's going to be close enough when you consider our total wage bill.  I reckon we've spent about £8 million on Baker.  84 appearances....

If you're knocking Baker's availability, it's a little off the mark. It's 92 in the last 3 seasons(4 including this year). 130 if you include the loan spell. One of those seasons he was dropped due to Webster/Kalas partnership and last season he was dropped for a few games, so in terms of availability he's been available around 40 games a season or more, over his previous 4 years here.

This season is obviously unlucky, it's the first major injury layoff he's had and given it wasn't a pre-existing issue and the other injury problems we've had it would be unfair to blame Baker.

He's been a solid performer for us except for a couple of occasions going off early because he's full blooded (something we all moan is missing when he isnt playing). He's justified his salary more than a lot I could think of

Archived