IGNORED

Blatter

Clutton Caveman

3 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Perhaps I'm being slow but why is he not banned for life?

Who knows, but with FIFA the corruption is so endemic. He has been found to effectively embezzle 18 M quid, and has to pay a fine of less than 1M. Nice work if you can get it.

The corrupt old sod should be in jail quite frankly

23 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I wonder if the same people who accused the English FA of having a jingoistic vendetta against Sepp Blatter and that the world of football does not begin and end in this country will now freely admit that they got it wrong and that Blatter is a bent bastard who should never have been anywhere near running football and that some people at the English FA bloody well knew it even if they couldn't see it?

And before people start, he got judged/sentenced by FIFA not the Daily Mail!!!!!

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Who knows, but with FIFA the corruption is so endemic. He has been found to effectively embezzle 18 M quid, and has to pay a fine of less than 1M. Nice work if you can get it.

The corrupt old sod should be in jail quite frankly

Agreed, in effect he's "got away with it". That piece of filth Platini is no different.

How Qatar got the World Cup bid let alone win it still absolutely baffles me (Well we all know why they won it £££). It actually is an embarassment to Football that they are still due to host next Year's World Cup. 

Blatter and Platini not only hated in England, but pretty much all the main Football Nations and always were

5 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Should be 6 years in prison. Same for Platini and Beckenbauer

Agreed. Same as any serious fraudulent behaviour committed in the wider community and all assets to the value of the fraudulent money owing seized if they have the equivalent of POCA in Europe. If all assets are seized and amount to less than the amount embezzled then declare them bankrupt.

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

How Qatar got the World Cup bid let alone win it still absolutely baffles me (Well we all know why they won it £££). It actually is an embarassment to Football that they are still due to host next Year's World Cup. 

Talk of boycotts has started recently (finally). Should have happened ages ago but never mind. Kenya, Denmark and Norway. Granted they won't win it (may not even qualify) but still, bravo. 

England team won't boycott it. Heaven forbid they actually do something tangible that affects them. I mentioned it on here ages ago but was accused of whatabouterry. It wasn't. I'm just ahead of the curve. 

Just now, The Batman said:

Talk of boycotts has started recently (finally). Should have happened ages ago but never mind. Kenya, Denmark and Norway. Granted they won't win it (may not even qualify) but still, bravo. 

England team won't boycott it. Heaven forbid they actually do something tangible that affects them. I mentioned it on here ages ago but was accused of whatabouterry. It wasn't. I'm just ahead of the curve. 

Wouldn't the Premier League benefit from a few Countries giving it a miss or have they organised themselves accordingly with a break?

38 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Perhaps I’m being slow, but why isn’t he in prison? I thought he, and others, were being investigated by the FBI as some of the crimes involved the USA in some way 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Perhaps I’m being slow, but why isn’t he in prison? I thought he, and others, were being investigated by the FBI as some of the crimes involved the USA in some way 

That's what it needs. An organisation with no affinity to football and therefore won't get hamstrung in any politics.

31 minutes ago, The Batman said:

To be honest, I think of all footballing nations we have done far more than most to try and out the likes of Beckenbauer & Blatter etc.

Strange that the nations that called use bad losers did not apologise when we were proved correct.

1 minute ago, Clutton Caveman said:

To be honest, I think of all footballing nations we have done far more than most to try and out the likes of Beckenbauer & Blatter etc.

Strange that the nations that called use bad losers did not apologise when we were proved correct.

No, you had other nations and even people in this country banging on about a "Little Englander" sore-loser mentality when actually the "Little Englanders" knew what was going on and one of the few who spoke out about it.......as did the Aussies who got stitched right up.

They wouldn't admit to being wrong though............just change the narrative to fit their comments.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Exactly where he should be.

We all know what will happen if he were ever charged though; he would claim he is "too ill" to stand trial (and he would be believed).

I dont think anyone on this forum is qualified todetermine prison sentences but we would probably al agree the money he has defraided from the sport shoul dbe taken back. I know a few boys in Fratton who do kneecaps for a £100 and would have no problem seising his house and possessions until all their ill-gotten gains had been recovered. No point going to EU courts, they would be even more petty losers than they are over UK's / BJ's vax programme

55 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Exactly where he should be.

We all know what will happen if he were ever charged though; he would claim he is "too ill" to stand trial (and he would be believed).

He may even have anxiety for all we know ?....

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

I'm really hoping I can stay strong and not watch a minute of the 2022 World Cup if it does go ahead. I worry I'll get pulled into interest around England, or just a chance to sit in a pub with friends, but I certainly don't intend to watch it. As you say, there is no chance of England or any team that think they could win boycotting. I do get that it comes around once every four years and some of the players like Kane, Walker, Trippier, Maguire and Henderson are probably going to be old to get another crack in 2026 but I think it is an appalling failure of moral leadership on any football association that participates. 

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

Blatter and Platini not only hated in England, but pretty much all the main Football Nations and always were

I imagine they got it because the Arab oil money is running football in Europe.

Take a look at the shirt sponsors of the teams who get to the last 8 of the champions league every year! 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

I dont think anyone on this forum is qualified todetermine prison sentences but we would probably al agree the money he has defraided from the sport shoul dbe taken back. I know a few boys in Fratton who do kneecaps for a £100 and would have no problem seising his house and possessions until all their ill-gotten gains had been recovered. No point going to EU courts, they would be even more petty losers than they are over UK's / BJ's vax programme

Fraud by False Representation carries a maximum 10 year sentence in the UK not to mention asset recovery via POCA. You don’t need to be a high court judge to find that out. I would be surprised if it was significantly different in most major European states. Probably more effective than Fratton Fred being paid a one’er to do a kneecapping.

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I wonder if the same people who accused the English FA of having a jingoistic vendetta against Sepp Blatter and that the world of football does not begin and end in this country will now freely admit that they got it wrong and that Blatter is a bent bastard who should never have been anywhere near running  ruining football and that some people at the English FA bloody well knew it even if they couldn't see it?

And before people start, he got judged/sentenced by FIFA not the Daily Mail!!!!!

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm really hoping I can stay strong and not watch a minute of the 2022 World Cup if it does go ahead. I worry I'll get pulled into interest around England, or just a chance to sit in a pub with friends, but I certainly don't intend to watch it. As you say, there is no chance of England or any team that think they could win boycotting. I do get that it comes around once every four years and some of the players like Kane, Walker, Trippier, Maguire and Henderson are probably going to be old to get another crack in 2026 but I think it is an appalling failure of moral leadership on any football association that participates. 

Then you'd only be punishing yourself LB, it's those corrupt b******ds that should be punished to the full extent of the law.

13 hours ago, Banned User said:

Perhaps he has a good lawyer. What a stupid remark; of course he does with the 17 million.

Anyway, in another 6 years he'll either be dead or too old. It's effectively a life sentence now in practice.

Just come across this thread and am glad to see that not everyone has lost sight of this issue. Along with many others, I have been seething for years - no, make that decades - about Blatter, and the way that, out of self-interest, so many bodies in football turned a conveniently blind eye to the blatantly obvious fact that he is a greedy, devious, mendacious, manipulative crook. Failing to act on that knowledge effectively makes the individuals and associations concerned as corrupt as the man himself. It’s systemic, and that’s probably a large part of the reason he has not been nailed to the degree that he should have been.

This guy deserves a gong of some sort..

https://www.theworldweekly.com/reader/view/15681/meet-the-relentless-reporter-whose-15year-investigation-brought-about-fifas-downfall

I recall a Panaroma type programme years ago and this guy was exposing  Blatter for what he was then..from 2006. He would pop up in all sorts of press conferences where Blatter was .. think one occasion he threw load fake notes at Blatter...

You know what, I would support boycott World Cup at Qatar but what would be achieved... . Bloody football in the desert.  Bonkers

Archived