IGNORED

England u21’s v Switzerland 2pm

steviestevieneville

6 hours ago, Galway Red said:

He started one game with Henderson, Dier and Rice in midfield while Grealish sat on the bench, typical English management decision, will be interesting to see what his midfield will be when everyone is available, Foden, Grealish, Mount, Maddison and Barnes are great players but I've got my doubts that we'll see any two of them in the same team when it comes to the big tournaments 

Let’s wait and see what happens at euros. He’s done an ok job so far - definitely questions marks over some decisions but also he’s done a lot of good things I think. Don’t think you can lump him in with an Allardyce as a dinosaur.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Let’s wait and see what happens at euros. He’s done an ok job so far - definitely questions marks over some decisions but also he’s done a lot of good things I think. Don’t think you can lump him in with an Allardyce as a dinosaur.

To be honest I'm not sure why I'm commenting on an England performance as I don't even watch when they're on TV anymore, maybe  it's because I suffer enough pain watching City, I actually get more enjoyment watching England at cricket but maybe that's because I'm not too bothered if they win or lose, as for rugby I couldn't name you one player and have zero interest

19 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Got a bit ugly at the end there, what was going on?

Croatia celebrating like they won the tournament didn't help.

We would have done the same but unfortunately a lot of our players done give a .... We could do with some passion and pride in playing for your country. You see it from players from the Balkans and Eastern Europe, unfortunately very rarely from the England players.  

15 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

We would have done the same but unfortunately a lot of our players done give a .... We could do with some passion and pride in playing for your country. You see it from players from the Balkans and Eastern Europe, unfortunately very rarely from the England players.  

Not sure we would. Bizarre OTT celebrations. 

18 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

I would hope we didn't behave like that but agree with rest.

Nothing wrong with Croatia’s celebrations. 
2 minutes before they were going out of the tournament, and then an injury time strike put them through. They are right to be overjoyed. Curtis Jones is clearly a very bad loser. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

2 minutes before they were going out of the tournament, and then an injury time strike put them through. They are right to be overjoyed. Curtis Jones is clearly a very bad loser. 

Indeed and we deserved to go out. It was shocking and hopefully the end of Aidy m.

Why do people think today’s u21 team should have done better? It’s not loaded with Prem stars. Only 2 of them are regular Prem starters, the rest are champ players or prem subs. 
Croatia had a number of players who’ve racked up plenty of Champions and Europe league experience. 
I think we’re over rating the current team based on the good prospects that have come through over the last few years. I’ll be surprised if any of today’s team end up being full England regulars. 

15 hours ago, Harry said:

For a place in the QF? Nothing wrong with his reaction.

Archived