IGNORED

Rotherham required to play 4 games in 8 days - Including 3 relegation rivals

Lrrr

14 hours ago, The Bard said:

Seems ridiculous that they couldn't play one of these games this weekend.  

Suppose they would have had to find another Championship side with no one on international duty & who were willing to do so at short notice.

It is a difficult situation all round, if they stay up under these circumstances they absolutely deserve it, mind you we have done our best to help by giving them 6 points..

It could work in their favour if they get some momentum going, to be fair. Still think Birmingham have a real uphill battle on their hands looking at their fixture list. Their next two are very tough, and negative results in them could negate any 'new manager bounce'.

19 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Honestly don't think this would happen if this was a 'bigger' club. Don't think a Leeds or Villa etc would be made to do this. 

It would as the season must finish by the last scheduled league game of the season due to the euros and the play offs in the championship and Rotherham are already playing weekend/midweek for the rest of the season

There’s undoubtedly a rather large percentage of geezers in this country who would do anything to swap their current jobs for being a pro footballer - so I’ve got little/zero sympathy for the pampered show ponies who have to go to work on a football pitch 4 times in 8 days ... they are living the dream, earning huge amounts of money and have the time and resources to keep supremely fit - bless ‘em ...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There’s undoubtedly a rather large percentage of geezers in this country who would do anything to swap their current jobs for being a pro footballer - so I’ve got little/zero sympathy for the pampered show ponies who have to go to work on a football pitch 4 times in 8 days ... they are living the dream, earning huge amounts of money and have the time and resources to keep supremely fit - bless ‘em ...

Ah, because all they do for work is 90 minutes of football. They dont train or anything? Plus it takes a couple of days to recover properly even for a professional athlete.

We'd all trade places with them, but you're being total ignorant to the strain of being a professional athlete tbh

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Ah, because all they do for work is 90 minutes of football. They dont train or anything? Plus it takes a couple of days to recover properly even for a professional athlete.

We'd all trade places with them, but you're being total ignorant to the strain of being a professional athlete tbh

Happy to agree to disagree Marcus - but I stand by my ‘bless ‘em’ comment - being a pro footballer ain’t a tough job - I’m sure many millions of people in this country would agree with me, especially given the year they’ve been through ...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Happy to agree to disagree Marcus - but I stand by my ‘bless ‘em’ comment - being a pro footballer ain’t a tough job - I’m sure many millions of people in this country would agree with me, especially given the year they’ve been through ...

Depends how you define tough. Definitely privilidged, I'm sure we'd all swap but it's not an "easy" job.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Depends how you define tough. Definitely privilidged, I'm sure we'd all swap but it's not an "easy" job.

Compared to the vast majority of real jobs in this country I’d still maintain that being a pro footballer is not a tough job - I’d probably even argue it is an ‘easy’ job when you consider the demands placed on millions of workers in very stressful industries - I could tell you about my sister’s average week working in a care home to prove the point, but I won’t ...

6 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

They could've solved this by playing the extra fixture on Thursday 8th April and then pushing their fixtures on 10th & 13th back 24 hours to 11th & 14th. This way they would've had 2 days rest inbetween all fixtures.

That would also mean the opposition in each game have to agree and the teams the other teams are playing after have to agree as well .Why would they want to help Rotherham whilst interrupting there own fixtures and build up.

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

That would also mean the opposition in each game have to agree and the teams the other teams are playing after have to agree as well .Why would they want to help Rotherham whilst interrupting there own fixtures and build up.

Fair point, but who'd complain about getting an extra day's preparation?

31 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

Fair point, but who'd complain about getting an extra day's preparation?

But Rotherham will not be able to, after Rotherham 4th game is a midweek fixture list. The EFL have said Birmingham game against Forest has to be moved 24 hours to the Wednesday now. Which means they all get a days less rest, it’s not just Rotherham that is affected it’s teams all around them. Birmingham now play Derby the Saturday after and Derby now get 24hrs extra rest. All these little advantages count in the run in.

On 26/03/2021 at 19:58, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't think anyone is feeling sorry for the players, I think people are highlighting it because it's unusual to have 4 games in 8 days, it's likely to impact the performance rotherham are able to give especially in that 4th game which hardly makes it a fair game especially when playing against teams around them in a relegation battle.

Archived