IGNORED

England v San Marino

Lrrr

Southgate so easily pleased when you listen to his post match comments, should have been at least another 3 but for poor finishing. We were slow moving the ball around too, a better organised defence would have been fine against the speed we moved the ball. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Southgate so easily pleased when you listen to his post match comments, should have been at least another 3 but for poor finishing. We were slow moving the ball around too, a better organised defence would have been fine against the speed we moved the ball. 

Better teams will leave more space too though and not look to just play in their own half. These games are now utterly pointless 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

Better teams will leave more space too though and not look to just play in their own half. These games are now utterly pointless 

I mean if a better, more organised team decided they wanted to sit in, the speed we moved the ball was absolutely no threat to a better organised team, 3 touches being taken where all players had to do was open their body and they could play 1 touch pass.

I had no interest in this game whatsoever. We won convincingly and rightly so. I also agree these games are pointless.

However, I didn't like the commentators ripping into San Marino for being so 5h!t - they have an entire population of about 30k (including women, children and elderly) to find 11 players from - the size of a small English town like Buxton.
England have a pool of about 50 million, so that puts 5-0 into perspective - especially if wages are considered. Bristol has a pool of 500-800k people to select from and can't even field a Premiership side!!!!!!
I also noticed that, with all their criticism of San Marino being minnows, the fact that they scored one of the fastest EVER goals against England in a competitive match that REALLY MATTERED was never mentioned.

19 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I had no interest in this game whatsoever. We won convincingly and rightly so. I also agree these games are pointless.

However, I didn't like the commentators ripping into San Marino for being so 5h!t - they have an entire population of about 30k (including women, children and elderly) to find 11 players from - the size of a small English town like Buxton.
England have a pool of about 50 million, so that puts 5-0 into perspective - especially if wages are considered. Bristol has a pool of 500-800k people to select from and can't even field a Premiership side!!!!!!
I also noticed that, with all their criticism of San Marino being minnows, the fact that they scored one of the fastest EVER goals against England in a competitive match that REALLY MATTERED was never mentioned.

It did get a brief mention. Lee Dixon joked that it was nothing to do with him as he was on the other side of the pitch.

It certainly wasn't a 'for the record' type mention though.

21 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It was, at least twice during commentary and probably beforehand too.

6 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Then you didn't listen to the game as they mentioned it a few times. Or are being particular in what you want to hear to be negative

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I didn’t listen to it all, as I stated above. 

So you didn't listen to it, but you didn't like the commentators ripping into San Marino and also claimed that the early goal was not mentioned?

1 hour ago, grifty said:

So you didn't listen to it, but you didn't like the commentators ripping into San Marino and also claimed that the early goal was not mentioned?

Oh ffs. 
I wasn’t listening closely to it because I was cooking 
I acknowledged that when responding to a less aggressive poster who pointed it out. 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pope
Trent. Stones. Maguire. Shaw
   Mount.  Henderson Foden
   Sterling. Kane. Grealish

Surely this is England’s best team. Could argue James and Chilwell but much of a muchness really.  The other 9 pick themselves for me. 

Maddison instead of Mount for me

but i think GS will start with both Henderson and Rice in midfield 

and Rashford in a front 3

Horrible game to watch.

Passing for the sake of just keeping the ball - not moving their players about at all.

No threat on their goal, they're keeping us 30m from their goal aside from dead ball situations.

Halfway through the first half and no real threat on their goal and 220 passes - against Albania.

Archived