Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Southend United

54 minutes ago, TomF said:

A real powerful video about the mess they are in, from an old friend of mine... 

Powerful indeed, Tom. A good mate of mine is a Shrimper and for his sake, I hope that they can find a way to stay up and survive.

He always watches them when they play at the Mem so let’s hope he gets the chance to go there again next season!

That's a superbly put together video.

I appreciate the pain but ultimately the current owners will run out of money, the club will go into admin and somebody will buy it. Southend Utd will always be there in some form.

Hopefully it will be a fans' consortium stepping up as happened for Exeter which will run the club responsibly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TomF said:

A real powerful video about the mess they are in, from an old friend of mine... 

What a powerful & painful video, I sincerely hope they can sort they're problems.

Always had a soft spot for Southend- ever since out opening game of the season there’s in 91(?) 

Boiling hot, packed away end and the gates go in!( think we drew?)

Hope they survive relegation/admin

• Like 1

That's a proper football fan there, really cares.

Like said above, they were great hosts that first day in 91, had a great couple of beers in their supporters club, even met their Chairman and Allison Moyet.

They had just been promoted I think and didn't expect the away support that descended on them.

I wish them well.

Edited by Ska Junkie
3 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

Always had a soft spot for Southend- ever since out opening game of the season there’s in 91(?) 

Boiling hot, packed away end and the gates go in!( think we drew?)

Hope they survive relegation/admin

If you were at the front when the gates were forced open I'm not sure you'd agree - great pre-match kickabout on the beach though.....

18 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

If you were at the front when the gates were forced open I'm not sure you'd agree - great pre-match kickabout on the beach though.....

We had only just gone through the turnstile when the gates went in. I was only 19, but remember bricking it( especially with Hillsboro still fresh in the memory)

Was a great day though, and one of my fav ever away days

18 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

We had only just gone through the turnstile when the gates went in. I was only 19, but remember bricking it( especially with Hillsboro still fresh in the memory)

Was a great day though, and one of my fav ever away days

I was right at the front against the gates and I can assure you making sure I didn't go down was paramount in my list of priorities. Scary.

An excellent and professional film, really felt for the Guy. Will be checking their results from now on hoping they stay up and get them self's sorted for the new season. They still have a chance of staying up looking at todays table.