IGNORED

Alfie Mawson recalled by Fulham

Lrrr

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

How much do you want? You’ll probably stay fitter for longer.

Far less than £25k a week, that’s for sure.

He arrived with a really poor injury history & has had 2 major ones whilst with us, available for less than a third of the season, a huge gamble of a signing that didn’t come off.

Mariappa is rumoured to be on a quarter of what Mawson is, has a 100% availability record & has worked under Pearson before, you don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out which of the 2 is more likely to be in BS3 next season, do you?

It's a 25 squad.

He was a level far above what we have, a premiership centre back despite a lack of pace but the reason we had him on loan..

He unfortunately is injury prone, we are seeing the last days of a very good footballer who should be playing at a level above us but sadly his knees have ended the lads career.

I wish him well but I very much doubt he will be seen again in football, you got to feel for the lad..

A premiership CBdespite lack of pace??!! I dont think so. A (slightly) fitter version of Baker, we didnt see enough of him to know the best CB pairing but it looks as though T-Moore wont figure. Stranger things have happened with new managers and if NP can see talent there, TM may return, then there's Vyner, then Simpson and so we are ok for CBs, IMO

We are so overloaded with midfielders in the squad that this is where NP wil earn his wedge sifting through the injury/talent profiles then seeing what is on the market and then, and only then deciding on our best 3-5 ; noboby on here could accurtely predict that as people like Williams, Walsh are so unproven and none of us know who else NP has in his sights.

Exciting and good times i recon at the back and in midfield. Problem is if we lose Fam we dont have a scorer in the squad and to buy two will cost the equivalent of selling 10 players

8 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

A premiership CBdespite lack of pace??!! I dont think so. A (slightly) fitter version of Baker, we didnt see enough of him to know the best CB pairing but it looks as though T-Moore wont figure.

Mawson was a quality CB, premiership level for sure. He wasn't the quickest but his positioning and reading of the game was by far above what we have at the club, he brought the ball out of defence too and added that to the aspect of our game.

A level above what we have but the only reason he was with us was to prove his fitness, that sadly failed..

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not so sure he's prem quality. Massive step up in quality. Certainly very good at this level though.

Respect your opinion, but he was a step up from what we have right now..

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Allegedly our top earner on £32K per week, I suppose we'll still be paying that until the end of the season.

Was a reasonable player but another sick note unfortunately, we have to try and make sure our summer recruitment doesn't give us any more.

Expect so.

I thought he was classy at this level, but was a big risk.

Yep, recruitment gonna be very defining.

Thought it was interesting that yesterday’s signing had no “message from the CEO”!  

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

A premiership CBdespite lack of pace??!! I dont think so. A (slightly) fitter version of Baker, we didnt see enough of him to know the best CB pairing but it looks as though T-Moore wont figure. Stranger things have happened with new managers and if NP can see talent there, TM may return, then there's Vyner, then Simpson and so we are ok for CBs, IMO

We are so overloaded with midfielders in the squad that this is where NP wil earn his wedge sifting through the injury/talent profiles then seeing what is on the market and then, and only then deciding on our best 3-5 ; noboby on here could accurtely predict that as people like Williams, Walsh are so unproven and none of us know who else NP has in his sights.

Exciting and good times i recon at the back and in midfield. Problem is if we lose Fam we dont have a scorer in the squad and to buy two will cost the equivalent of selling 10 players

Fam is a scorer. Well he fools me most times he plays.

23 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Allegedly our top earner on £32K per week, I suppose we'll still be paying that until the end of the season.

Was a reasonable player but another sick note unfortunately, we have to try and make sure our summer recruitment doesn't give us any more.

OK cool Mawson was great when fit 

But why if he has been recalled do we still have to pay his wages. That seems we'll unfair to me 

13 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But why if he has been recalled do we still have to pay his wages. That seems we'll unfair to me 

He clearly wasn't going to play again for us so pointless him being here but he's still under contract to us until the end of the season

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

We were trying to find a loophole to change registrations after the cut off to incorporate Simpson were we not?

Suddenly Mawson (out for the season anyway) is "recalled" by Fulham, freeing up a space in the squad. We can then register Simpson as a player to make up the numbers.

Don't forget we also have Sessegnon from them as well, and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a deal already put in place to have him here for next season after being out injured for so long.

"If you *recall* Mawson to free up space in our squad for a new player, we'll sign Sessegnon in the summer for £X, or loan him again with a higher percentage of his wages"

Loopholes. Why do you think clubs like Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are still in business....

As mentioned above, end of the day we've agreed to pay Mawson until the end of season anyway.

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Surely he could mow the pitch. We even have sit on mowers these days.

44 minutes ago, Taz said:

We were trying to find a loophole to change registrations after the cut off to incorporate Simpson were we not?

Suddenly Mawson (out for the season anyway) is "recalled" by Fulham, freeing up a space in the squad. We can then register Simpson as a player to make up the numbers.

Don't forget we also have Sessegnon from them as well, and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a deal already put in place to have him here for next season after being out injured for so long.

"If you *recall* Mawson to free up space in our squad for a new player, we'll sign Sessegnon in the summer for £X, or loan him again with a higher percentage of his wages"

Loopholes. Why do you think clubs like Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are still in business....

As mentioned above, end of the day we've agreed to pay Mawson until the end of season anyway.

That has a lot of legs ??

25 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Surely he could mow the pitch. We even have sit on mowers these days.

No, you’re thinking of Alfie Mow-son. ?

Archived