Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol band IDLES


Recommended Posts

Something slightly different to help you get through the international break. Jon Beavis, the drummer from Bristol-band IDLES joins OSIB. 

We discuss the band's meteoric rise, the years of misery it took to get there, his favourite gigs and his inability to stage-dive.

Not a huge amount of Bristol City chat in this one, but a great interview nonetheless! If you've not heard their music, I suggest you check it out. 
 

http://linktr.ee/osibpodcast

 

 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

can i have a point of view?

I assumed you listened to the podcast before you called it a 'load of shite'? What constructive criticism can you offer the OSIB team?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, !james said:
6 minutes ago, !james said:

I assumed you listened to the podcast before you called it a 'load of shite'? What constructive criticism can you offer the OSIB team?

I assumed you listened to the podcast before you called it a 'load of shite'? What constructive criticism can you offer the OSIB team?

they look like they could do with a bit of soap and water......

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Bit woke.

Culturally misappropriating working class culture.

Too much stood outside a highrise trying to act like a gangsta

Still quite like them.

"Bit woke". I understand this to mean "cares about social injustice".

So that would be, on the whole, a good thing, yes? 

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Bit woke.

Culturally misappropriating working class culture.

Too much stood outside a highrise trying to act like a gangsta

Still quite like them.

Ah the old Sleaford Mods argument. Think they’re about as far from gangsta as you could get, personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:



Culturally misappropriating working class culture.

 

 

The singer was a poorly paid care worker before the band took off. He grew up caring for his disabled mother in a single-parent household.

I'm not a big fan of the music, but he's hardly Jacob Rees-Mogg.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Something slightly different to help you get through the international break. Jon Beavis, the drummer from Bristol-band IDLES joins OSIB. 

We discuss the band's meteoric rise, the years of misery it took to get there, his favourite gigs and his inability to stage-dive.

Not a huge amount of Bristol City chat in this one, but a great interview nonetheless! If you've not heard their music, I suggest you check it out. 
 

http://linktr.ee/osibpodcast

 

 

Excellent work. I’ve loved Idles for years, way before they got big. I was at the 6 music gig when Lamacq was there, it was a free gig. Took a couple of mates... who thought they were shite 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Ha!

I still regret missing their set at Glastonbury in 2019 when I was there.

Ah mate! I saw the holy trinity of Idles, Sleaford Mods and [Liam] Fontaines DC that year. Loved it. Was a great Glastonbury all round though mind.

  • Like 2
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...