IGNORED

The word "awesome"

The dastardly red

There is a huge part of me that thinks everyone should live and let live and that is utterly pointless to obsess on phrases other people use that you would use themselves.

There is an equally huge part of me that hears people want to "jump on a call" or "speak to that point" that thinks human beings are fundamentally terrible and beyond redemption. 

3 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Some people don't just use it when answering a question, they just start any sentence with it.

I know but for some reason it irritates me when someone is asked a question in a TV interview and starts the answer with it - it must be some sort of media coaching thing as you even get doctors and politicians doing it.

Don`t get me started on the `Tony Blair` clasping hands and then spreading them without moving their elbows either!

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I suppose if language didn't evolve we would still be talking like Shakespeare. 

You are quite right Slacker,  and a good thing too because all the worlds a stage and all the men and women merely players. :) 

The one that gets me is footballers saying delighted in interviews. It's just one of those words no one uses in every day speech, but a nailed on cert every time a player opens his mouth for a post match interview.

Like I say, I was delighted and the boys are delighted and the fans must be delighted....

So  annoying

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

The one that gets me is footballers saying delighted in interviews. It's just one of those words no one uses in every day speech, but a nailed on cert every time a player opens his mouth for a post match interview.

Like I say, I was delighted and the boys are delighted and the fans must be delighted....

So  annoying

"The football club" Jesus H Christ, that gets on my tits.

On 28/03/2021 at 16:50, Lanterne Rouge said:

Starting the reply to a question with `So`. Don`t, just don`t.

I please Guilty me lud. I never used to but I do now.

However, in my defence your honour, I noticed that when people did start a sentence with "So" there would follow a short gap. The gap could have been to take a breath of air or purely to think of what to say next.

Consequently, I would immediately say, That's a superb album by Peter Gabriel." I've given up on saying this now as I never got a laugh just bemused looks. 

Perhaps someone else could try the PG line? It could have been the way 'I tell 'em'.

On 28/03/2021 at 11:32, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Prefacing everything with "super". "I'm super excited", "that is super easy".

Makes me want to dig out my earholes with a bent, rusty coat hanger.

Super annoying yankisms.

I beg your pardon...

On 28/03/2021 at 17:04, LondonBristolian said:

There is a huge part of me that thinks everyone should live and let live and that is utterly pointless to obsess on phrases other people use that you would use themselves.

There is an equally huge part of me that hears people want to "jump on a call" or "speak to that point" that thinks human beings are fundamentally terrible and beyond redemption. 

So, it sounds like you should try some blue sky thinking outside of the box.

Archived