IGNORED

The Three Best that you have seen playing live

cidered abroad

On 29/03/2021 at 19:52, stephenkibby. said:

George Best. Saw him playing at West Brom, Bomber Brown scored 2 for the Albion and Best getting relentless stick from the home fans scored a cracker for Manu.

Mike Procter Gloucester cricket.  To see him steam in from his boundary runup and bowl at 90 MPH was a sight to behold.

Horse Racing. Not so much a superstar sportsman but was at Cheltenham when Michael Dickinson saddled the first 5 home  in the Gold Cup.              A feat then that was unthinkable, no doubt an Irish trainer could well better it in time.

Are we related ?

That was my three.I saw george score six in one game and what a player Proctor was.

De Bruyne, Aguero, Fabregas. 

De Bruyne and Aguero in semi final games.

When I saw Fabregas it wasnt a particularly special performance from him, other than being his senior debut. Did I think that 5-10 years later he would be in the discussion for one of the best CMs (as he was at the time) absolutely not. Edu, Wiltord and Kanu also played.

Honourable mention, Colin Daniel.

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Cricket Keith Miller v Glos pre season at Badminton, batting with the handle of the bat and they still couldn’t bowl him out!

England’s batsmen must have been using the same technique too often in recent years, but without Miller’s prowess - would explain all those collapses!

All mine would be football based:

De Bruyne - Especially in the first leg at the Etihad he was everywhere. That entire Man C team was one of the best in Prem history but he defo stood out. 
Gerrard - Had the chance to see him play a few times for England and Liverpool and absolutely dominated every game. 
Suarez - Ok he was playing against us in a pre season game, but his movement was superb and turned out to be pretty good didn’t he.  

Its easy to say Maradona or Ronaldo but you're really expecting something special with those players so I'm going for;

Peter Shilton: in the 1970's for Forest. He was simply the best I've seen at the time & at the height of his career. It had to be some shot or a complete fluke to beat him.

Evander Sno: He was absolutely brilliant against us for Ajax. He ran the central midfield, strong & you couldn't get anywhere near him. He was pure class and rightly got an ovation when he came off such was his impact. Imagine my sheer delight when he signed on loan for us turn into dismay when all we did was play him out wide. 

Kevin DeBruyne: In the two Semi Final legs against us he played a holding role in one match and as an attacking midfielder in the other. Both played with consummate ease. Absolute effortless class. An absolute joy and privilege to watch. 

1 Mohammid Ali   

i was in Broadmead shoping and used waterstones  as a shortcut  i went in the union st enterance and almost walked into someone who had just came out of a office . the first thing i noticed was he had hands the size of my head  i looked  up and it was mohammid Ali  , some how i had managed to walk in to his security  bubble during a book signing event .

2 Jimmy White 

i got to play pool against jimmy at my local  during  a sponsors  event   absolute dimond of a bloke

3 jackie 

the most gifted city  player i have seen by some distance 

22 hours ago, jambodinho said:

In terms of performances at Ashton Gate, Collymore for Forest was unreal. Powerful, quick, both footed. Destroyed us. 

Anyone remember the night Swansea City came to town (late 80s) with a whiz-kid in their ranks called John Solako (he went on to better things), but on that night he ripped us a new one. Scored a brace if I remember rightly, was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Always a funny one this! The best three players in your opinion or the best three games players have had you have seen?

I’m old enough to have watched Jimmy Greaves, George Best and Keegan all live and certainly the best three I have actually seen

Best Three players in my life time as seen on tv are Pele Messi and Cruyff

Best three games for us Ritchie v York Mabbut v Man U, Gow V Leeds

Best three games against, Gabbiadini v Sunderland, Brady v Arsenal Nigel Martin v gas

Best three all time for us Gow Atyeo and the ever overlooked Trevor Tainton!

Archived