IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

JonDolman

Suppose the games over Easter might give an indication as to whether this is him back in training or back in contention to play.

With Tommy Rowe apparently fit, Pring featuring in the training video & Sessegnon able to play there (not only for us, but the U21s) we suddenly have a better selection to pick from at LB.

I really do rate Dasilva. The sooner he is fit the better. But he dies sem to having on running injury issues. I hope he can find a way to eradicate these with strengthening up. It will be a joy to see him get a long run in time to come. But then I feel at that stage the offers will be forthcoming as I feel a couple of our younger additions to the squad will attract during this summer 

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Suppose the games over Easter might give an indication as to whether this is him back in training or back in contention to play.

With Tommy Rowe apparently fit, Pring featuring in the training video & Sessegnon able to play there (not only for us, but the U21s) we suddenly have a better selection to pick from at LB.

I've a vague feeling Cam Pring isn't in our 25 registered players. Have I made that up? 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Still only 22.  Providing he stays fit, destined to be something quite special, I think.

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

One of the few City players I love watching.

Strongly agree with both these posts.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've a vague feeling Cam Pring isn't in our 25 registered players. Have I made that up? 

Just seen that you’re right.

Sort of begs the question why did we recall him then?

Unless of course he got injured so quickly after his return from Portsmouth there was no time to do so.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Unless of course he got injured so quickly after his return from Portsmouth there was no time to do so.

The reason I remembered it is because I found it weird. I assume it was the fact he was injured as soon as he came back from loan. As yo say, no other explanation makes any sense...

Edited by LondonBristolian

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He came back fit, and got injured in training before the window closed.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I get that, but presumably we recalled him to play him? 
That is what we did with Adelakun, Palmer & Watkins.

Hard to make a judgment on whether he is worth having in the first team squad if he can’t play.

Does this mean he couldn’t play for the U23s either? Guess not.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I get that, but presumably we recalled him to play him? 
That is what we did with Adelakun, Palmer & Watkins.

Hard to make a judgment on whether he is worth having in the first team squad if he can’t play.

Does this mean he couldn’t play for the U23s either? Guess not.

Yes we did, but he was cup-tied v Portsmouth (having been on loan there), and then got injured on 15th Jan.  He was fully expected to come back and challenge for a place....and if that had happened I’m sure he’d have made the reg list.  As it was gonna be long term, they used up their 25 squad without him.

13 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I really do rate Dasilva. The sooner he is fit the better. But he dies sem to having on running injury issues. I hope he can find a way to eradicate these with strengthening up. It will be a joy to see him get a long run in time to come. But then I feel at that stage the offers will be forthcoming as I feel a couple of our younger additions to the squad will attract during this summer 

Giggs had loads of hamstring issues at Man Utd during the 90s, probably not helped by his explosive pace over a short distance, and his love for super cars.

He helped this by taking up yoga, and it prolonged his career. 

Not sure if Jay's issue's could be helped along the same lines, but he is also still fairly young, so unless it's an ongoing problem, it could just be down to our injury problems this season being crap!

• Like 1

Was he not diagnosed with shin splints at some point which caused stress fractures?

It can certainly be managed but for a professional athlete, is he ever going to be totally free of it?

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Was he not diagnosed with shin splints at some point which caused stress fractures?

It can certainly be managed but for a professional athlete, is he ever going to be totally free of it?

Andy Cole at one point struggled with shin splints as well. He went on to bang the goals in for fun at the top level (although never internationally which always surprised me).

It can be operated on, so maybe/hopefully if that is the case for Jay, then that's behind him and he can flourish in the team.

He is one of those players, who if coached right, will go onto big things.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Andy Cole at one point struggled with shin splints as well. He went on to bang the goals in for fun at the top level (although never internationally which always surprised me).

It can be operated on, so maybe/hopefully if that is the case for Jay, then that's behind him and he can flourish in the team.

He is one of those players, who if coached right, will go onto big things.

That's good to know.

He's certainly a talent, just didn't want this to be something that would hold him back.

Fingers crossed he's over it and he can get a good run in the side once fully fit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Another cracking achievement by our medical team. 

It seems every loan signing or recalled loan signing gets knee Capped.

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

I had shin splints all through my playing days and it hurts like hell.

Still feel it in some situations.

In JD case I suspect it can be permanently resolved as its likely his shin splints were related to a stress fracture.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Be quite happy to go into next season with DaSilva left back and Pring as backup (plus Tommy Rowe if needed).

We need to increase the quality/class in the squad & say goodbye to the Hunt's & the Rowe's of the footballing world..

Any back up's should be from development/and or those signed still with plenty of growing room.

Edited by Son of Fred