IGNORED

Aguero To Leave Man City

The Coach

So, after a decade at Man City. Aguero’s contract is not to be renewed and he will leave this summer. One of the best PL strikers in history (to some, may be the best). 

Will he head back to Spain this summer? Back to the homeland? Or will another PL club take him on.

If it’s been announced now he is leaving. I imagine Man City have a replacement lined up. Which I imagine will be Haaland. 

6 minutes ago, Redpool said:

So, after a decade at Man City. Aguero’s contract is not to be renewed and he will leave this summer. One of the best PL strikers in history (to some, may be the best). 

Will he head back to Spain this summer? Back to the homeland? Or will another PL club take him on.

If it’s been announced now he is leaving. I imagine Man City have a replacement lined up. Which I imagine will be Haaland. 

I’ve never forgotten him scoring at the Gate and not celebrating, up there with the very best foreign imports into the PL.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Kane i reckon.

Yea, I can see this happening.

Kane must be getting frustrated at never winning any trophies. Got a feeling he would like to play for Pep, as well. One of very few clubs (worldwide) who could afford his fee and likely wage demands.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Kane i reckon.

No way Levy lets him go to another English club without absolutely rinsing whoever it is,  also not convinced he's the best fit for Man City, think Kane could go to PSG (league title, known manager and a chance in Europe) especially if Mbappe does move on given Mbappe's contract expires in 2022 either PSG get him to sign a new deal or he moves on this summer, seeing him in England would be great. I think Liverpool may reshuffle their front line, rumoured interest in Mbappe before as well. 

Seems highly likely that aguero will head to barcelona. What a player he has been!!

as an aside, man city are the kings of the 30-50 million transfer, i cant see kane going anywhere because levy will ask for insane money which no one can afford post covid, and for the same reason dont think they would go for haaland.

I don't know if it's just because of the rotation policy at City but it's always felt as if he's not been appreciated by them for how bloody good he is?

I remember saying when he came on at the Etihad he will score, he's just that good. That premier league winning goal will probably never be forgotten by anyone.

It just always seemed from the outside like he'd be on the bench more often than you'd expect for someone of his calibre. Perhaps it was just resting him because of CL?

6 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Seems highly likely that aguero will head to barcelona. What a player he has been!!

as an aside, man city are the kings of the 30-50 million transfer, i cant see kane going anywhere because levy will ask for insane money which no one can afford post covid, and for the same reason dont think they would go for haaland.

They've only made 6/7 transfers in that price range in the last decade. They've exceeded £50m 9 times in the same period.

The old school football manager players of about 14/15 years ago will remember that Aguero & Dzeko were the ultimate partnership if you were able to get them together. Low and behold, Roberto Mancini and the Man City hierarchy thought it would be a great idea to bring it to real life by having them play both for Man City. Both signed in 2011.

Great goal scoring striker. Always been a huge admirer. Barcelona to link up with Messi? Hopefully not the MLS. Has so much to offer. 

12 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I’ve never forgotten him scoring at the Gate and not celebrating, up there with the very best foreign imports into the PL.

I think I posted at the time that he was one of perhaps a handful of players that, over the 55 years I have been watching live football, was worth the admission fee alone.

Watching him on TV, you think "how can he be unmarked?" But when you see him live, it's like he has some sort of cloaking device, :). His positioning was so good, you found yourself looking around the pitch to search him out, I imagine that defenders have found the same over the years.

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

They've only made 6/7 transfers in that price range in the last decade. They've exceeded £50m 9 times in the same period.

It doesnt matter, but transfermarkt is listing 11. 

They havent gone over 70 million on a single fee in their history as far as i can see,  and to sign kane or haaland is probably going to cost 100-125,, which is the point i was trying to make.

He was exceptional that night at the gate. His movement was the best I’ve ever seen live, the biggest thing I noticed was how many times in the first half he made a darting run and didn’t get the ball, but then just simply “went again”. No sulking or throwing hands in the air etc. Just a constant moving object with insane technical and finishing ability. Any aspiring strikers could get two lessons, one from his movement and one from his mentality. Class act. 

14 hours ago, Lrrr said:

No way Levy lets him go to another English club without absolutely rinsing whoever it is,  also not convinced he's the best fit for Man City, think Kane could go to PSG (league title, known manager and a chance in Europe) especially if Mbappe does move on given Mbappe's contract expires in 2022 either PSG get him to sign a new deal or he moves on this summer, seeing him in England would be great. I think Liverpool may reshuffle their front line, rumoured interest in Mbappe before as well. 

Agreed. I wouldn't be that surprised to see Kane going to Barca. There's already the Lineker legacy there and with Messi gradually coming to the end of his time they need another big star. I can't see him going to Madrid after Bale didn't work out there. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. I wouldn't be that surprised to see Kane going to Barca. There's already the Lineker legacy there and with Messi gradually coming to the end of his time they need another big star. I can't see him going to Madrid after Bale didn't work out there. 

Can Barca afford it? They have to pay back the state aid they received, not sure how much they'll have to pay and how much per year, I just think PSG is most likely with Pochettino there

Archived