IGNORED

Why is this line-up unique?

BS4 on Tour...

I’m just in the midst of international break boredom so thought I’d throw out a Malbec-inspired, interesting triv question - why is this team of players unique?

Mark Shwarzer

Gael Clichy

Henning Berg

Robert Huth

Kolo Toure

Ashley Cole

Riyad Mahrez

N’Golo Kante

James Milner

Nicolas Anelka

Carlos Tevez

.... not the worst line up I’m sure you’d agree, I’m thinking 5-3-2, but I believe they are the only 11 players to have one thing in common .... feel free to Google and cheat, just a bit of fun ...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m just in the midst of international break boredom so thought I’d throw out a Malbec-inspired, interesting triv question - why is this team of players unique?

Mark Shwarzer

Gael Clichy

Henning Berg

Robert Huth

Kolo Toure

Ashley Cole

Riyad Mahrez

N’Golo Kante

James Milner

Nicolas Anelka

Carlos Tevez

.... not the worst line up I’m sure you’d agree, I’m thinking 5-3-2, but I believe they are the only 11 players to have one thing in common .... feel free to Google and cheat, just a bit of fun ...

League titles with different teams?

Just now, mozo said:

League titles with different teams?

That’s on the right lines - just needs tightening up a bit! 

Just now, Gazred said:

Total guess but is it winning the title with one team then signing and winning it with another the following season?

Has to be something to do with winning the league?

Soooo close

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Have all won the Premier League with different clubs in consecutive seasons?

edit: this is wrong, but not far off I don’t think?

Not far off at all 

Just now, The Journalist said:

it’s just winning it with two different clubs isn’t it? Largely because I can’t think of any others!

Mark Schwarzer is throwing me. Not sure if he’s scraped a medal through being back up or not

Salah presumably didn't get enough appearances for Chelsea in 2014/15 to get a medal? Only the 3 according to records. But apparently Schwarzer got 0 league appearances in 2014/15, and left for a free in the winter window...yet he got a medal and Salah didn't?

It looks like Schwarzer and Salah were in the same boat in 2014/15 - and so really by your criteria @BS4 on Tour... both should be considered to have won the league that season. See: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/2450893/jose-mourinho-every-chelsea-player-to-get-prem-medal. Quote as follows:

Jose Mourinho has said that Chelsea will make replica medals so everyone that played for the first-team this season is rewarded for their title win.

Wolfsburg's Andre Schurrle having already revealed that Mourinho had texted him to say he had won a medal for his contribution earlier this season before he left in January.

But, while Premier League rules over the number of games needed to get a medal have been relaxed this season, there are still only 40 on offer for players and coaching staff. The Portuguese revealed that the champions plan to give out medals to the entire 2014-15 squad.

"Not all of them will get an official medal. But yes, we are going to buy medals," Mourinho said. "We are going to buy replicas of the cup. And, obviously, for me the champions are those who played every minute like John Terry, but also people like [Mark] Schwarzer who were not involved."

Mourinho also stated that Schwarzer and Schurrle are just one of a number of former players invited back for the club's last match and player of the year dinner.

"Yes. Him, [Mohamed] Salah, Schwarzer, Lewis Baker... all of them who started the season with us. They have been invited to the last match and the Player of the Year dinner. They belong to us. We are not sure they can. Lewis can. The others we're not sure, but at least they know we feel they belong to the title."

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Salah presumably didn't get enough appearances for Chelsea in 2014/15 to get a medal? Only the 3 according to records. But apparently Schwarzer got 0 league appearances in 2014/15...yet he got a medal and Salah didn't?

Are we sure here?

Allowing myself a Google now we know the answer, i agree, doesn't seem like he did get a medal. Certainly don't want to be a pedant as it's a great trivia question.

Cantona just missed out technically as well!

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Allowing myself a Google now we know the answer, i agree, doesn't seem like he did get a medal. Certainly don't want to be a pedant as it's a great trivia question.

Cantona just missed out technically as well!

Have amended my post.

It seems like if you want to include Schwarzer then you have to include Salah...not trying to be a killjoy as I'd love there to be a perfect XI. Can we make a subs bench as well?

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Salah presumably didn't get enough appearances for Chelsea in 2014/15 to get a medal? Only the 3 according to records. But apparently Schwarzer got 0 league appearances in 2014/15, and left for a free in the winter window...yet he got a medal and Salah didn't?

It looks like Schwarzer and Salah were in the same boat in 2014/15 - and so really by your criteria @BS4 on Tour... both should be considered to have won the league that season. See: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/2450893/jose-mourinho-every-chelsea-player-to-get-prem-medal. Quote as follows:

Jose Mourinho has said that Chelsea will make replica medals so everyone that played for the first-team this season is rewarded for their title win.

Wolfsburg's Andre Schurrle having already revealed that Mourinho had texted him to say he had won a medal for his contribution earlier this season before he left in January.

But, while Premier League rules over the number of games needed to get a medal have been relaxed this season, there are still only 40 on offer for players and coaching staff. The Portuguese revealed that the champions plan to give out medals to the entire 2014-15 squad.

"Not all of them will get an official medal. But yes, we are going to buy medals," Mourinho said. "We are going to buy replicas of the cup. And, obviously, for me the champions are those who played every minute like John Terry, but also people like [Mark] Schwarzer who were not involved."

Mourinho also stated that Schwarzer and Schurrle are just one of a number of former players invited back for the club's last match and player of the year dinner.

"Yes. Him, [Mohamed] Salah, Schwarzer, Lewis Baker... all of them who started the season with us. They have been invited to the last match and the Player of the Year dinner. They belong to us. We are not sure they can. Lewis can. The others we're not sure, but at least they know we feel they belong to the title."

It wasn’t ‘my criteria’ I got sent this question by a mate!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Schwarzer was apparently in the match day squad much more than Salah in that season, not sure if that is true but it would make sense because a sub goalie is hardly ever gonna get a game but if he’s in every match day squad then he deserves a medal ...

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It wasn’t ‘my criteria’ I got sent this question by a mate!

I didn't know that did I? From my perspective it was your criteria.

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Schwarzer was apparently in the match day squad much more than Salah in that season, not sure if that is true but it would make sense because a sub goalie is hardly ever gonna get a game but if he’s in every match day squad then he deserves a medal ...

Right...but neither were given a medal by the League. The only medal they got was the one Chelsea bought/had made for them. Chelsea determined that they both deserved a medal (along with Lewis Baker whoever he is). 

I accept that there's way more important things to get het up about, but your statement that "they are the only eleven players to win the premier league with two different clubs" is incorrect whichever way you cut it. Either Schwarzer didn't win the league in 2014/15, or if he did, then Salah did as well.

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I didn't know that did I? From my perspective it was your criteria.

Right...but neither were given a medal by the League. The only medal they got was the one Chelsea bought/had made for them. Chelsea determined that they both deserved a medal (along with Lewis Baker whoever he is). 

I accept that there's way more important things to get het up about, but your statement that "they are the only eleven players to win the premier league with two different clubs" is incorrect whichever way you cut it. Either Schwarzer didn't win the league in 2014/15, or if he did, then Salah did as well.

I apologise sincerely and profusely for my grave error when just trying to bring a harmless trivia question to this forum in an attempt to alleviate any international break boredom - I won’t bother again, but thanks for your responses ... but it's funny that if you do a simple internet search on this - all sites include Mark Schwarzer as a player who has won the premier league with two different clubs - perhaps I was right ...

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I apologise sincerely and profusely for my grave error when just trying to bring a harmless trivia question to this forum in an attempt to alleviate any international break boredom - I won’t bother again, but thanks for your responses ... but it's funny that if you do a simple internet search on this - all sites include Mark Schwarzer as a player who has won the premier league with two different clubs - perhaps I was right ...

I enjoyed the trivia BS4. It was a great question. Who cares if he officially did or didn't, it was a bit of fun.

Good to discuss the finer points of the medal/winning the title, i do like a thread that expands naturally from the op, seems on this occasion it didn't go so well when it did!

If you get another good one, please post it.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mr Spock was half human and half Vulcan as well by the way.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I see you hate to have a dose of your own pedantry medicine

Archived