IGNORED

Agent fees last season

Davefevs

41 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Nearly £1.6m to agents for us, seems a lot to me.

Doesn't to me, we only paid a fee for one player, the free agents and loans no doubt would have been saying given there's no fee we'll take a slightly higher fee.... unless you want him to go elsewhere

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Doesn't to me, we only paid a fee for one player, the free agents and loans no doubt would have been saying given there's no fee we'll take a slightly higher fee.... unless you want him to go elsewhere

Imho that makes it even worse.  Not even basing on cut of transfer fee.  You’ve got to question whether agent helping player decide based on their cut.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imho that makes it even worse.  Not even basing on cut of transfer fee.  You’ve got to question whether agent helping player decide based on their cut.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I assume the the agent fees are a combination of retained services, employing agents to help released players find a new home, moving players on (to Peterborough most likely) and clubs just accepting that to manage a large stock of players takes some external influence.

Would love to understand more about how this level of spend is broken down.

Joe Williams. 
Chris Martin. 
Chris Brunt. 
Alfie Mawson. 
Steven Sessegnon. 
Henri Lansbury. 

JW £1m, 3 freebies and 2 loans. 

Wow. Someone’s agent made a killing on a shitty transfer. 

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Joe Williams. 
Chris Martin. 
Chris Brunt. 
Alfie Mawson. 
Steven Sessegnon. 
Henri Lansbury. 

JW £1m, 3 freebies and 2 loans. 

Wow. Someone’s agent made a killing on a shitty transfer. 

I’m guessing it would also apply to contract extensions? I’m not how how many we’ve had, Zak and Max aside? 

16 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not as much as little old Brentford though...

The numbers are publically available on income/turnover. Whether we like it or not, on far lower crowds and income than us, Brentford absolutely wipe the floor with us from a football perspective............and when push comes to shove it's all about the football.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Depends if the club want to move a player on.

That is always the counter-argument.....it’s not always the player initiating the “transaction” therefore why should they pay.  Nor is always buying club, nor selling club.  

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

They just need to do autotrader for players, save a fortune. Playertrader.com well looked after and maintained centre back for sale, one owner from new, full service history. £5M ONO 

But clubs will want warrantied players, and with our injury track record...

I hate the fact the clubs pay for the players agent but its the way of the world.

I heard good old Harry Redknapp say once in an interview that the club has an amount of money for a player so the higher the agent fee the less the club pays in wages and transfer fee so the outgoings for the club remain the same.

35 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

When's this huge shake up on the footballing financial model due to the impact from COVID supposed to kick in again? 

Ah right. Hell hasn't frozen over yet.

It’s happening already....hell was never gonna freeze over, but it’s suffering a heavy frost.  Look at transfer fees, look at players likely to be OOC....and then watch 21/22 season budgets show the effect of 20/21 without significant revenues.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That is always the counter-argument.....it’s not always the player initiating the “transaction” therefore why should they pay.  Nor is always buying club, nor selling club.  

And surely if the fees were moved to player, then their wage demands will just rise to cover the cost.

Just read that Haaland’s agent  and his father will expect a combined £40m  “commission” for Haaland’s expected transfer this summer!

For what exactly?

Archived