IGNORED

England Poland

Will Rollason

My takeaways from tonights game;

Better than the other two games this week.

Foden - every inch an International player, love watching him play

Phillips - International my arse

Pope - he will never be able to kick a ball properly, he kicks with a "floppy" foot, mostly side foot. Liability in that respect. The rest of his game is pretty average so I can't see him being an England number 1 for long. Totally unimpressed with him.

Stones - always got that mistake in him, but all defenders have tbf and he had a very good game other than that,  plus a good assist. 

We lost our way in the second half and Southgate didn't change anything - he got away with one tonight.

We aint good enough to do anything in the Euros or World cup imo - very unconvincing performance.

Way off anything that’s going to win a trophy based on that. 

Defence looked wobbly under any form of pressure, midfield lacking power and purpose, attack powder-puff, throttled by slow build up and lacking presence both in numbers and physicality. 

We won as we do most of our qualifying matches since the year dot, but lots of work required. Southgate needs to step up several gears. 

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

My takeaways from tonights game;

Better than the other two games this week.

Foden - every inch an International player, love watching him play

Phillips - International my arse

Pope - he will never be able to kick a ball properly, he kicks with a "floppy" foot, mostly side foot. Liability in that respect. The rest of his game is pretty average so I can't see him being an England number 1 for long. Totally unimpressed with him.

Stones - always got that mistake in him, but all defenders have tbf and he had a very good game other than that,  plus a good assist. 

We lost our way in the second half and Southgate didn't change anything - he got away with one tonight.

We aint good enough to do anything in the Euros or World cup imo - very unconvincing performance.

Fortunately most of the nations are crap so we have a good chance of semis by default and then anything can happen 

I really rate Foden but am certainly expecting much more from him. At the moment if it’s between him and Grealish, I’m going with Grealish. 

Thought we may of switched it up a bit sooner with perhaps Phillips being taken off for some more energy and invention higher up the pitch. Three points are three points though. 

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

First time I’ve watched an England game in a while, I see nothing to suggest we are any better than over the last 50 years. Take their foreign club mate stars away from these English players, and they once again struggle. 

Couldn't agree more, nothing in this group really gets me excited.  I don't think it helps playing two workers in central midfield, which is something Southgate seems to prefer. We'll still get done by the more savvy teams, especially when we struggle to create against these last three teams. 

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I wonder if Germany’s fans are moaning as much as ours?

Thing is Germany normally save it up for tournaments. We p$ss on all comers in qualifying then fall apart when the pressure is on. All about mental strength which they have and England never have. Can't see it changing with a manager who reinforces the negative attitude. 

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I wonder if Germany’s fans are moaning as much as ours?

With headlines of  HOW EMBARRASING in the German papers I think they are  Whilst you expect to lose your winning streak for World Cup qualifiers at some point, it wouldn’t have been expected tonight. Plus Germany only scored their goal from the penalty spot, so not even in open play.

Archived