Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

RIP Yeovil Town's Lee Collins

Just announced Yeovil Town captain Lee Collins died yesterday aged 32

Terrible news, thoughts go to his family and friends and all those affected by this tragic loss

Large

• Sad 3

Tremendously sad news for all concerned, immediate family, friends and all at Yeovil Town, plus other clubs Lee had played for. Sincerest condolences to one and all from OTIB. RIP.

• Like 1

Absolutely tragic. RIP Lee

Yeovil Town captain Lee Collins has died at the age of 32.

Yeovil have postponed Friday's National League game at Altrincham but have not revealed the cause of Collins' death which happened on Wednesday.

He joined Yeovil from Forest Green in 2019 and played his last game on 6 February where he was sent off late on at Stockport.

"All at Yeovil Town Football Club are mourning the loss of club captain Lee Collins," a club statement read.

"Lee sadly passed away yesterday and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

"We ask everyone to respect the family's privacy at this time."

Collins began his career as a youngster at Wolverhampton Wanderers and spent time at Port Vale, Barnsley, Northampton Town, Mansfield Town and Forest Green Rovers.

"The main thing that everyone will be feeling is a deep sense of shock," BBC Radio Somerset's Yeovil Town commentator Sheridan Robins told BBC Sport.

"He was a real winner. I remember when he first joined the club we were at rock bottom having been relegated to the National League.

"In his interview he was said he wasn't there to make friends, he wanted to win.

"He wore his heart on his sleeve on the pitch and was known for his leadership, he was the epitome of a captain, he did everything he could in that 90 minutes to win the three points."

Collins has been out with injury for large parts of the season, but returned to the bench last week in the 3-1 win over Barnet.

"After the game I spoke to Yeovil manager Darren Sarll and he told me how pleased he was to have Lee back," added Robins.

"He was an old fashioned centre-half and we've not seen him play a lot this season because of injury."

• phantom changed the title to RIP Yeovil Town's Lee Collins

Totally shocked by this. Hard to grasp that someone can be regularly playing sport and now gone. Deepest condolences to his family and friends. RIP

I saw the Bristol Post story and found it beyond sad, subsequently I ready that he had 3 young daughters.

Obviously the cause of death hasn't been confirmed, but my sympathy goes to those who knew him.

If, as some have speculated, Lee took his own life, and if you are feeling down, then reach out. Friend or stranger. You might be surprised at the support that people want to offer 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I saw the Bristol Post story and found it beyond sad, subsequently I ready that he had 3 young daughters.

Obviously the cause of death hasn't been confirmed, but my sympathy goes to those who knew him.

If, as some have speculated, Lee took his own life, and if you are feeling down, then reach out. Friend or stranger. You might be surprised at the support that people want to offer 

Thanks for your comments. 

If anyone on here wants a stranger to talk to, you can always PM me for a chat.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

I echo this and make the same offer. If any of you just want to download, then drop me a PM.

It won't be shared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Very very sad news. What a tragic loss. RIP Lee.

I echo the above sentiments and as one who has tasted the good life in my 70 years , I have also been at the very bottom not knowing where to turn. If you need someone to listen, just PM me as well as the other 2 OTIB'rs above. Non critical and if we can help you get through what you feel 'that you are the only one ' Remember we will start with at least one thing common to us -   BCFC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1