IGNORED

RIP Yeovil Town's Lee Collins

phantom

On 01/04/2021 at 18:28, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

RIP 

Awful news, hope his family and friends get the support they need. 

The sticky thread at the top of the forum has lots of great info if anyone has been affected by this sudden loss. 

Once again, you offer warm, sensible advice.

Thank You 

The inquest into Lee's death was opened and adjourned earlier today.

He missed training last Wednesday so the hotel he was staying at was contacted. They then found he'd taken his own life. Desperately sad news to try to come to terms with.

I've been a Yeovil fan all my life (50 years and counting) and this is one of the saddest pieces of club related news I've read. I was working at the club in 2010 when Adam Stansfield passed away & that was difficult to deal with, even though he had left Yeovil several years before. But to have this happen is devastating for his family; he had a partner and three gorgeous girls under ten.

As others have said, for goodness sake please open up and talk to others, and don't let it get as far as, well, you know.

Rest in peace, Lee. 

8 minutes ago, Hengrovian said:

He missed training last Wednesday so the hotel he was staying at was contacted. They then found he'd taken his own life. Desperately sad news to try to come to terms with.

I've been a Yeovil fan all my life (50 years and counting) and this is one of the saddest pieces of club related news I've read. I was working at the club in 2010 when Adam Stansfield passed away & that was difficult to deal with, even though he had left Yeovil several years before. But to have this happen is devastating for his family; he had a partner and three gorgeous girls under ten.

As others have said, for goodness sake please open up and talk to others, and don't let it get as far as, well, you know.

Rest in peace, Lee. 

It is incredibly sad and may I just add, as someone who had some involvement in the hotel industry during my working life, very traumatic for the hotel workers who found him as well.

I don't wish to comment on this specific event, but it doesn't half make me feel that if people cared for each other in every deed and word, this world would be a whole lot better for everyone to live in. 

Just for a few mins every day, think about your own impact on others, the things you say, the views you perpetuate, whether you add to or take from society. 

Make sure the world is a better place for you being in it. Make it a better place for others. 

2 hours ago, Hengrovian said:

Rest in peace, Lee. 

It’s so sad.

What’s difficult to remember is that when you are physically ill, it’s your mind that is rational and knows to seek help. 

When your mind is struggling, there is no rational part left that knows to seek help.

A very close friend of mine took his life 18 months ago and I still think I wish we had talked more, but the truth is when you are struggling like this, it is that rational, controlling part of your existence that is failing. Just so sad.

2 hours ago, Hengrovian said:

Rest in peace, Lee. 

Thanks for taking the time to come on here and share your heartfelt comments, condolences to Lee's family, friends and all connected to Yeovil Town FC.

This is such a very, very sad thing to have happened - life can be so hard sometimes and it’s dreadful to learn about decent, nice people who just can’t go on. Lee Collins, rest easy fella.

One of my heroes took his own life, and I’ve also struggled with lots of stuff that has happened to me and people close to me - but in the darkest moments it’s amazing how something can just strike a chord - one video featuring that guy gave me both hope and optimism - just when I needed it.

It just sort of seems appropriate to post the video right now - I sincerely apologise if anyone disagrees - anyway, here it is ...

Archived