IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Really has to do more.

But he has probably more of a chance with 3 very quick passing options in attacking areas to pass it through to.

He has improved since those early games. But not been impressed overall so far.

I agree but he hasn't played much football for a while, bit parts in the last few seasons only.

NP said in his press interview that he brought in Simpson because we lack experience and I think he wants Lansbury to be that experienced midfielder that we need.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I get the feeling Bell may be out wide. 

Bentley 

Hunt. Mariappa Kalas Rowe 

Lansbury. Massengo

Bell.          Palmer.   Semenyo 

Wells 

Might be completely wrong on that but I think Pearson will want to stick with that shape. 

looking that way isn't it?

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really has to do more.

But he has probably more of a chance with 3 very quick passing options in attacking areas to pass it through to.

He has improved since those early games. But not been impressed overall so far.

At least his performances are trending the right way.  Overall, not been good enough, but last 2/3 have been good enough

Trust Nige.  He has had two weeks to make his decisions for today.

Mytake is Bell is now considered our first choice striker - listen to the Lansbury interview. Clearly Lansbury expressing Nige’s view, and as for Lansbury himself all the evidence is is that he is now at near 100% and is highly rated by Nige.

Massengo some of us have always thought to be a top top player.  Nige clearly agrees.

Only surprise for me is Hunt ahead of Simpson with now 7 games only to go.  Perhaps Simpson was always brought in for his influence on the training field and as backup.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

At least his performances are trending the right way.  Overall, not been good enough, but last 2/3 have been good enough

He has not played much football for a long time, IMHO he is slowly getting up to speed now

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Concerned about Walsh. 

I think NP said that they won't risk any of the returning players if they have any sort of minor issue. I would like to think/hope that it is just precautionary.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I think NP said that they won't risk any of the returning players if they have any sort of minor issue. I would like to think/hope that it is just precautionary.

Where Walsh been then? Excuse my ignorance 

48 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I guess you are not a NW fan then.

I am still puzzled as to why he can’t reproduce his QPR form here.

The QPR form is the oddity, not his drop off since. Compare that form at QPR to his career, including his time here, and it becomes fairly clear that he's basically a 1 in 3 striker who hit a bit of form and jumped up to 1 in 2 for a few months.

Archived