IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

Many of these players need to be moved on at the end of the season. Simply not good enough. 

Players like Hunt should be playing for a new contract. He has been awful! 

We need to strengthen in almost every position in order to be competitive next season.

I would argue that only Bentley, Dasilva (when fit) and Kalas should be instant starters. Every other position is up for grabs. 

BTW Powell is a player we are crying out for, has the ability, pops up in the right positions, and into double figures for goals from Midfield. Free agent at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Exactly. 

I'm pretty convinced he's staying and if we still see this sort of performance from a team he's had a hand in moulding next season then he would be rightly criticised.

Right now, he's learning what works and what doesn't - and playing the rather shit deck of cards he's been dealt. 

Some players not doing much for their future under NP.

28 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Amazing how it was all down to the rookie coach when Holden was in charge but now it's down to crap players. 

If that's a lesson we have to learn then so be it. As long as we diagnose the isuse and Bristol City moves forward as a club

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I honestly think it is less an issue - in the main - of crap players and more an issue of players haphazardly bought who do not gel in a system. I find it remarkable we have approximately 927 decent central midfielders but no combination of 2 or 3 that complement each other.

The recruitment SL said has been good in defence of his chosen Head of Recruitment has left us with a bloated squad and wage bill but a set of players who do not fit any conceivable plan. 

That's what happens when somebody with no football expertise is put in charge of football operations.

Surely what we are witnessing is the revelation that no one at the club knew how to assemble a squad capable of delivering promotion from the Championship. Lots of hopeful effort, but behind the scenes, from top to bottom, a bunch of novices 'having a go.' What Pearson brings is experience of having achieved the goals in the past. He will need time, resources and a degree of control. 

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The recruitment SL said has been good in defence of his chosen Head of Recruitment has left us with a bloated squad and wage bill but a set of players who do not fit any conceivable plan. 

That's what happens when somebody with no football expertise is put in charge of football operations.

I hope you're not dissing the valuable experience of sitting on the bench, watching West Brom under 18s...

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He will get it right if he stays...............because he won't be so stupid as to retain this bunch of losers we have masquerading as professional footballers.

In time we’ll see. Just find the hero worship ‘Big Nige can do no wrong’ attitude a bit weird personally. 

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

Well, this certainly is looking like an interesting project for Nige! Could be fun in the summer....

I half think he’s been told that he has some freedom in the summer which is why I think he seems quite relaxed. We’re shit and he should be riled. He’s not.  He’s biding his time and waiting to get stuck in over the summer. 

Just now, SedRA said:

In time we’ll see. Just find the hero worship ‘Big Nige can do no wrong’ attitude a bit weird personally. 

He took over a shambles. 

he stopped us going down and is now preparing for next season.

Not seen any hero worship on here. Just recognition that he’s got pedigree and needs time. 

1 minute ago, SedRA said:

I know what you mean. Some on here wound never admit that he has picked players who are useless as a rule.

Archived