IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

Just now, Banjo Island said:

I really cant see many of these players being here for the start of next season they are consisently well below average game after game

We can get rid of the out of contract ones but the rest are sitting pretty however badly they do. So the cosy life that is playing for Bristol City goes on.

Who would want to sign them anyway, especially with the financial effect of Covid?

2 minutes ago, keflav said:

Don't talk nonsense some of the LJ performances were worse than this..

I rarely felt under LJ that games were over after an hour......it usually felt we might just snatch something even when we were behind.

This season, more often than not, the last half hour has just been a complete waste of everyones time.

To be fair we've been poor all season, players well below par on the whole, and some already planning their next moves.

Pearson has come in and been told keep us up. That's done, next seasons planning has started. 

Next seasons squad will look very different.

What a lot of these players lack is a creative footballing brain. They lack the creativity to build up quality attacks and they lack creativity in finding space to receive a pass off of the ball. 

This is the reason we are treated to such turgid and uninspiring performances.

Just now, italian dave said:

I rarely felt under LJ that games were over after an hour......it usually felt we might just snatch something even when we were behind.

This season, more often than not, the last half hour has just been a complete waste of everyones time.

Most of the time it’s game over as soon as we concede

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

This is no better than what we saw under Holden. A shambles at the back & powderpuff upfront.

Yeah, same players. Who would have thought? My criticism of NP is we literally should have been set up to draw the game today after 6 consecutive home defeats. Instead it just looks a total mess out there.

6 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Bit unfair to LJ. Our worst performances under him were better than anything this season.

LJ performances were turning up at away games vs top 3 teams then followed by Luton looking like Barcelona at Ashton Gate 

Just now, Dan Robin said:

It's clear that much of the team's problems are due to the unstoppable injuries and their multiple effects...but even in this situation, playing so badly at home and losing so many games is disappointing. ?

We’ve had players return from injury and it hasn’t improved us one bit. I wouldn’t put it past us to be this bad with a fully fit squad frankly. 

1 minute ago, Redsi2 said:

This has to be the least creative team I have ever seen for city. We may have been in a worse position before but even the dross I can remember in the past we would have more than 1 shot on target

I think there are creative players in there, it's just that we have changed personnel, formations, systems so often that I've no idea what the system is and who's going to be making runs where, and it looks to me like the players are in the same position. We look like 11 strangers. The days when we had a left back and a left midfielder who looked like they both knew exactly what the other would do, and so on, seems a long time ago.

28 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Surely what we are witnessing is the revelation that no one at the club knew how to assemble a squad capable of delivering promotion from the Championship. Lots of hopeful effort, but behind the scenes, from top to bottom, a bunch of novices 'having a go.' What Pearson brings is experience of having achieved the goals in the past. He will need time, resources and a degree of control. 

And a miracle.

Archived