Robins TV for the last half an hour:

"A goal now will....

Make for an interesting last 30

Make for an interesting last 25

Make for an interesting last 20

Make for an interesting last 15

Make for an interesting last 10

Make for an interesting last 5"

Anyone would think it's been a shit game so far.

Thanks, very interesting. 

33 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

He took over a shambles. 

he stopped us going down and is now preparing for next season.

Not seen any hero worship on here. Just recognition that he’s got pedigree and needs time. 

These players aren’t brilliant but I’m disappointed to not really see any sort of improvement in team performance since Pearson’s taken over apart from a few lucky results at the beginning. 

Maybe he’ll sort stuff out for next season but I’m not impressed with anything I’m seeing so far, including his spiky and verbose interviews which everyone seems to froth over so much. 

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

A lot of this game has been unwatchable today - partly the team but also the sun. I have never noticed this before watching footie on TV. Is it a result of a substandard Robins TV camera at AG?

It’s been bugging me too. The camera work is about as good as the commentary

Just now, Cardy said:

A lot of this game has been unwatchable today - partly the team but also the sun. I have never noticed this before watching footie on TV. Is it a result of a substandard Robins TV camera at AG?

It’s basically because on a “proper” televised game you moderate the light across the pitch, evening out the shade and sunshine- don’t think robins tv stretch to that production value tho!

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

The cameraman can help a bit by zooming in a bit closer. Whilst the sun can’t be helped, it’s not good trying to film it from the moon. 

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

It's the job of technicians at a full TV outside broadcast to tweak the camera exposure so you don't notice this. I can't imagine that the Robins TV set up has that level of technical support.

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is this referee another one star struck by ex premier teams? Seems very accomodating with all the Stoke "gamemenship"  !

I think it’s the first time he has referred us. He did ref the draw between Stoke & Barnsley earlier this season, with a red card for Stoke.

Just now, ciderwithtommy said:

It’s basically because on a “proper” televised game you moderate the light across the pitch, evening out the shade and sunshine- don’t think robins tv stretch to that production value tho!

Even a cheap camera sensor/software combo can achieve that if you can be bothered. 

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Only Bentley, Kallas, HNM & Semenyo emerging with any credit for us.

Lansbury, Hunt, Bakinson & Wells all very, very poor.

Hunt has his contract running out and a very clear signal from the Simpson signing that the end of his contract cannot come soon enough. He is also much better in a five than a four.

I quite like Hunt in a five when confident and on form but he offers nothing in a four in his current circumstances. The sooner he is out the team, the better for everyone.

I still feel Lansbury and Wells were the wrong signings at the wrong time. I feel for them but wish they had never signed. Feel they may both feel the same.

Archived