IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

Shocking by all concerned. Getting really tired of these dud performances City. 

I hope they know that people who work harder than them, for far far less money than them, rely on them for entertaining. Entertainment they cannot be asked to provide. 

Is it just me, or do others get really wound up by the pitiful lack of application, shocking gamesmanship and weak refereeing.  That’s it for me for home games in BCTV. 
I hate the modern game, where time wasting and lack of action from the referee spoils the theatre.

Rant over

Amidst this ‘clear them all out’ and ‘next years squad will look very different’, ponder that we’ve had no money through the turnstiles for over a year now. My guess is that relatively few fans will be allowed in next season  and maybe longer. The world has just changed completely and it could be years before full stadia are allowed. SL is not going to spend millions on players on decent contracts in the summer, because realistically he can’t and really he shouldn’t. Unless and until good to average to promising players realise that the days of 15- 30k a week are over for the foreseeable future - and footballers and their agents tend to be pretty slow on the uptake- it’s going to be survival first for the likes of City, with the hope that a bit of luck might lead to something more spectacular. It’s not great at present but it’s been a whole lot worse quite regularly during my 49 years as a City fan. My advice- and I realise that that sounds arsy-  is that if  lockdown and furlough has been a struggle, spend whatever money you have on your family not City. But if, like me, your lucky, then for heavens sake forget the results and buy a ST for next year.

6 minutes ago, Cardy said:

A lot of this game has been unwatchable today - partly the team but also the sun. I have never noticed this before watching footie on TV. Is it a result of a substandard Robins TV camera at AG?

Yes. They've either got awful cameras or don't know how to set/operate them in the conditions.

massive rebuild that could see us in the play offs season after next. I just can't see us turning this round to challenge next season.

Most of this team are just not good enough, Bents, HNM, Semenyo and Kalas out of all that played today are worth keeping.

It is crystal clear that the owners absolutely have to make a decision RIGHT NOW on whether Pearson is here beyond the end of the season.

How the **** can he tell these players that they are playing for their places at the club next season when they don't know whether he will be here?

The sun was out today, and a lot of the players seemed to be in holiday mode. If a decision isn't made RIGHT NOW, I can see the players coasting to the end of the season without our leader having any authority to do the first thing about it.

2 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Amidst this ‘clear them all out’ and ‘next years squad will look very different’, ponder that we’ve had no money through the turnstiles for over a year now. My guess is that relatively few fans will be allowed in next season  and maybe longer. The world has just changed completely and it could be years before full stadia are allowed. SL is not going to spend millions on players on decent contracts in the summer, because realistically he can’t and really he shouldn’t. Unless and until good to average to promising players realise that the days of 15- 30k a week are over for the foreseeable future - and footballers and their agents tend to be pretty slow on the uptake- it’s going to be survival first for the likes of City, with the hope that a bit of luck might lead to something more spectacular. It’s not great at present but it’s been a whole lot worse quite regularly during my 49 years as a City fan. My advice- and I realise that that sounds arsy-  is that if  lockdown and furlough has been a struggle, spend whatever money you have on your family not City. But if, like me, your lucky, then for heavens sake forget the results and buy a ST for next year.

Football was always going to implode at some point. The pandemic has just accelerated the inevitable.

This has been dire, and the primary reason for that is that Pearson has made some really bad decisions today.  Tommy Rowe in for Sessegnon, terrible game, didnt look ready.  Lansbury in the middle, hopeless. Hunt at RB, awful, Bakinson in that advanced role, wtf.  Most of the rest of them failing once again to get even the basics of passing right. I have faith longer term but today, very poor from both the manger and the team.  Massengo and Semenyo the only ones to emerge from that with any credit.  Much more of this and I’m not sure NP gets that contract extension. 

2 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Nearly all social distancing is supposed to finish 21st June, what makes you think we wont be able to attend at ashton gate next season nobody has stated that.

Well that absolutely sucked.

We offer so little going forward that it's no wonder teams barely look troubled by us.

How many times today did we have a numerical advantage in attack? Almost every time we went forward it was a slow build up giving Stoke plenty of time to set up at the back and be either one on one or have men over in defence. We lack the creativity to break that down and are reduced to Hunt punting balls in as if our forwards were 8 feet tall. I don't think he managed a single ball in to the box that wasn't over hit, too high or too long.

The one good crack at goal we had was a defence splitting ball over the top from HNM which lead to a one on one with the keeper for Semenyo.

It's almost impossible to force a team in to mistakes if you are giving them all the time in the world to get set up when you attack.

Because so many of our crosses come from the edge of the box and are going forward, they all seem to be aimed at the heads of our players. They are easily snuffed out by defences. We need our wider players to get into the corners and cut the balls back in. It gives our attacks a greater range of movement. If we are going to punt balls in over the top from behind our attackers then the wide men need to be able to read the game and know that our forwards will find space to run in to other wise the balls go to waste. We didn't manage a single off side today (as far as I recall) which suggest that none of our players are looking to break the line and play balls forward in to space.

3 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Is it just me, or do others get really wound up by the pitiful lack of application, shocking gamesmanship and weak refereeing.  That’s it for me for home games in BCTV. 
I hate the modern game, where time wasting and lack of action from the referee spoils the theatre.

Rant over

I couldn't even be bothererd to swear out loud for most of the game. A few 'what the f was that', and 'jesus' was all I could muster.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Absolutely pathetic. 

Still they’ll have the nice parking space with their name on at Failand, a nice little jacuzzi, a massage, a haircut and £10-£20k a week, then go anonymous on a match day. Apart from some of the younger ones and a couple of senior pros, this is becoming a difficult team to like.

Pearson should hang this lot out to dry - absolute shambles again.  That performance was totally unacceptable, these players showed no spirit or fight for the club.  Hunt, Lansbury were embarrassing today for professional footballers. How many times did they just hoof the ball down the pitch and out play.  Perhaps they should train on this pitch and get familiar with it, rather than some sterile environment they have laughably called a High performance centre......Do me a favour 

Archived