IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

2 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

This has been dire, and the primary reason for that is that Pearson has made some really bad decisions today.  Tommy Rowe in for Sessegnon, terrible game, didnt look ready.  Lansbury in the middle, hopeless. Hunt at RB, awful, Bakinson in that advanced role, wtf.  Most of the rest of them failing once again to get even the basics of passing right. I have faith longer term but today, very poor from both the manger and the team.  Massengo and Semenyo the only ones to emerge from that with any credit.  Much more of this and I’m not sure NP gets that contract extension. 

Sessegnon got back from England duty yesterday, having played the day before. No chance he was going to start.

3 minutes ago, SedRA said:

These players aren’t brilliant but I’m disappointed to not really see any sort of improvement in team performance since Pearson’s taken over apart from a few lucky results at the beginning. 

Maybe he’ll sort stuff out for next season but I’m not impressed with anything I’m seeing so far, including his spiky and verbose interviews which everyone seems to froth over so much. 

The players aren't brilliant. Well that is an understatement. They are bloody awful. Lacking basic skills and with no hunger or desire. To imagine Pearson can transform them in 2 months or 20  years is madness. They need to be cleared out and 5 years of poor recruitment must end. And if Pearson is not overseeing it then heaven help us. And I don't mind how he talks to the Evening post reporter. I never thought that was part of how you judge a Manager

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

So, it has to be asked - SHOULD SL offer a contract to Nige for next season?. Or is he a busted flush??

Reasonable question given the shite performances and having a decent squad of players.

I really wanted NP here and he was my first choice before Holden got the job, but he's not had the impact I expected. I thought he would improve performances fairly quickly - he hasn't.

I think that maybe the situation has changed a bit and its now more the club (SL) evaluating NP rather than both having a look at each other. He's got seven more games to prove he's worth the job and the money imo - thats a third of a season which is plenty of time to enable an evaluation.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It is crystal clear that the owners absolutely have to make a decision RIGHT NOW on whether Pearson is here beyond the end of the season.

How the **** can he tell these players that they are playing for their places at the club next season when they don't know whether he will be here?

The sun was out today, and a lot of the players seemed to be in holiday mode. If a decision isn't made RIGHT NOW, I can see the players coasting to the end of the season without our leader having any authority to do the first thing about it.

Completely agree. He's either part of the long term plan or not. We will learn nothing more from another 7 instances of what is currently being described as football.

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

The players aren't brilliant. Well that is an understatement. They are bloody awful. Lacking basic skills and with no hunger or desire. To imagine Pearson can transform them in 2 months or 20  years is madness. They need to be cleared out and 5 years of poor recruitment must end. And if Pearson is not overseeing it then heaven help us. And I don't mind how he talks to the Evening post reporter. I never thought that was part of how you judge a Manager

How long have you been on here??

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Nearly all social distancing is supposed to finish 21st June, what makes you think we wont be able to attend at ashton gate next season nobody has stated that.

It’s not simply a question of regulation- although I can’t actually see the government allowing 20000 fans in at 75% capacity- but public behaviour. If your youngish- and I know that economically and socially young people have suffered most during the pandemic- you are at least generally free from fear. I thought I was gutsy, but COVID has been absolutely f......ing terrifying for people like me. I can’t picture myself in a crowd yet- and I’ve been vaccinated.

Missed Adam Nagy in midfield today - Agree with most that HNM was motm today.

Semenyo was ok but am I the only one who thinks he lacks pace?

You can see the style of play today was different from the awful aimless sideway passing - but this squad of players just didn’t seem to able to join tow passes together. 

The number of overhit passes we made when there seemed a chance of an attack was enormous.  NP said the team selection was from those who were around during the week - I would love to know how they practised at creating chances - as all of these ideas seemed to go out of the window the instant that 3pm came!

clearout needed and much more structure!

1 minute ago, Bedred31 said:

It’s not simply a question of regulation- although I can’t actually see the government allowing 20000 fans in at 75% capacity- but public behaviour. If your youngish- and I know that economically and socially young people have suffered most during the pandemic- you are at least generally free from fear. I thought I was gutsy, but COVID has been absolutely f......ing terrifying for people like me. I can’t picture myself in a crowd yet- and I’ve been vaccinated.

Agreed. I think we'll be lucky to see 10k.

Wont be paying for another game this season. **** that. Will let Pearson do what he has to do and hopefully start enjoying it again next season. Worst season in living memory entertainment wise and, let’s be fair, the bar couldn’t go much lower than Johnson left it.

And another thing...

I have absolutely reached the end of my tether with this commentator for Robins TV.

Absolute cockwomble. 

One example of many that I could choose:

Bakinson (who I personally think we should release, but whatever), plays a through ball into the penalty area that runs through to the keeper. 

Commentator: "Right idea from Bakinson, just the wrong execution".

It wasn't the "right idea" OR the "wrong execution". If he had put any less weight on the pass, the defender would have intercepted it.

He really is ****ing clueless.

Notwithstanding that he sounds about 12 and has a voice that you just want to punch.

Oh... and we should NEVER wear that shirt again. Obviously unlucky. Like the times we incorporate black into the home kit and get relegated.

1 minute ago, Bedred31 said:

The thing is after August when the vast majority have been vaccinated is about as good as things will ever be there are also new vaccines for the mutations coming in September we simply have to try and resume our normal lives I'm sorry you are terrified I'm 65 and when I get my 2nd jab that will be it for me as I resume my life as normal I will not live what years I have left worrying about it.

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Football was always going to implode at some point. The pandemic has just accelerated the inevitable.

Yep, it’s brought forward the implosion by about 5 years. Instead of slowly seeing 1-2 clubs go bust like Bury each year it’s probable that it might be 10 at a time.

Gazing into my crystal ball I’ll wager that the lower divisions (L1 to conference) will turn part-time, even regionalised like conference north/south. 

15 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Playing up front for us now.

Back 5, surely? ;)

Everything has just about been said. But I’m so irritated, disillusioned and frustrated by that performance that I can’t help commenting.

Lansbury - just no. A total plodder. Utterly pointless inclusion/signing.

Wells - the guy needs to learn how to control the ball. And needs some drive/desire.

Kasey - incomprehensible challenge for the free kick/second goal. 

Nigel Pearson - if that was the best his team can come up with after a fortnight on the training ground then...wow.

Team in general - so many poor decisions made, under-hit passes, over-hit passes, lack of control, lack of bravery in forward positions, turn back rather than go forward, no imagination, subtlety or skill. We lump it forward on an excellent pitch as well, despite having some good passers (in theory). Utterly harmless.

And, of course, a nice soft goal to get Stoke going. 

25 minutes ago, bcfcchampions2015 said:

Pearson should hang this lot out to dry - absolute shambles again.  That performance was totally unacceptable, these players showed no spirit or fight for the club.  Hunt, Lansbury were embarrassing today for professional footballers. How many times did they just hoof the ball down the pitch and out play.  Perhaps they should train on this pitch and get familiar with it, rather than some sterile environment they have laughably called a High performance centre......Do me a favour 

Lansbury can be thankful there are no fans in, he would be getting pelters 

I don’t get some of the comments on here TBH.
We have had Ashton selling our star players for a number of seasons and replacing with horse shit players. Yet most on here are surprised how bad this team is.

One thing this club has to do if it wants to maintain a standard/progress is retain your star players. It is a shambles of a club on the field and has been for some time.
Ashton will hopefully be gone soon and the rebuilding can begin. 

Archived