IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

I like Pearson, but thought at the time it is this owner’s last throw of the dice.

I fear Pearson may walk at season’s end.

Ihavesaid too often we need a thorough external audit of everything connected with the club.  The owner has failed in over two decades to reach his declared goal

After today, for me,

No more mentions of our training facility

No more mentions of promotion as a season’s aim

No more signings of those players looking for a last golden handshake in The West

No more praising our Academy players when we continue to sell the best of them (this season’s end will be no different I guess)

Just no more feeble excuses.  Allow Pearson a full run at sorting things out.

Last chance saloon for SL, whether he sells up or stays he will have lost the supporters and damaged the club for many a long year unless Pearson is given 100% control and we begin to have a workable plan for long term success

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Clowns turning on Pearson already.

Pep Guardiola couldn't sort this shite out in 6 weeks.

The only question should be - is Pearson getting the most out of his players? Today, I don't think he did. 

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I like Pearson, but thought at the time it is this owner’s last throw of the dice.

Ihavesaid too often we need a thorough external audit of everything connected with the club.  The owner has failed in over two decades to reach his declared goal

After today, for me,

No more signings of those players looking for a last golden handshake in The West

No more praising our Academy players when we continue to sell the best of them (this season’s end will be no different I guess)

Last chance saloon for SL, whether he sells up or stays he will have lost the supporters and damaged the club for many a long year unless Pearson is given 100% control and we begin to have a workable plan for long term success

Also, get rid of Ashton and appoint a Director of Football, who knows what he's doing.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

After today, for me,

Spot on. 

Just spot on.

I stuck the first half on in the background and it was pretty dire, once the stream went down I didn't bother to try and get it back up. They're not Pearson's players and given the lack of warmth for most of him on here, it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt until he has a squad that's a bit more in his own mould but I think there's questions over him with his start added to his time at Leuven and Derby. Yet again, I had no idea what the plan was, what the patterns of play were supposed to be or how you were going about trying to win the game. He's been with you 6 weeks now and, whilst I can't compare before Pearson and since Pearson, the team doesn't look well coached still. 6 weeks is obviously no time at all but is still enough time to show some impact. I've only seen 135 minutes but they were pretty dire and against teams that weren't much cop themselves. 

Huge job for him in the summer if he gets it.

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

After today, for me,

Heaven help us if Pearson walks. 

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

After today, for me,

SL doesn't see it that way though,

Direct Quote from SL just before appointing NP

"We have got a good squad of players, good players on the pitch, we have to get them motivated and playing with confidence and really enjoying their football again."

Good Squad?  He's delusional.

6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

"We have got a good squad of players, good players on the pitch, we have to get them motivated and playing with confidence and really enjoying their football again."

Just shows SL knows nothing about footie nor his GM and board.....

13 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

What did you expect him to say publicly? “Our squad is a bag of shit??” 

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Every indication from Pearson is that he'll be here next season, why are people still convinced he won't be?

Possibly because many of us are not convinced he will be. Subtle but large difference. I've not seen junk like we are playing, even in dire relegation seasons and especially not even when we were bottom of Division Four.

Personally, if I was Pearson, I would look for a lesser basket case to sort out. 

Questions, I think, need to be asked of Simpson and Downing, as organisationally we are a shambles.

Holden couldn't help the injuries. He may not have had a say in the departures. But I think the way the constituent pieces of the team work together (or not, on afternoons like this) started to drop right off when the current assistants were appointed.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Possibly because many of us are not convinced he will be. Subtle but large difference. I've not seen junk like we are playing, even in dire relegation seasons and especially not even when we were bottom of Division Four.

Personally, if I was Pearson, I would look for a lesser basket case to sort out. 

And that is nail on the head.
If he gets a better offer, (which he might), why stay here unless he has full control of team affairs.
IMO, Ashton has to go. That way, psychologically the boil has been lanced.

#**** off Ashton.

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

And that is nail on the head.
If he gets a better offer, (which he might), why stay here unless he has full control of team affairs.
IMO, Ashton has to go. That way, psychologically the boil has been lanced.

#**** off Ashton.

Lansdown will not get rid of Ashton. 

Pearson may well go.

6 hours ago, ontariored said:

Just shows SL knows nothing about footie nor his GM and board.....

I was thinking of the stark contrast between the Bears and City. With City he is involved in selecting the manager and the the way the club is run in football terms as well as finance. With Bristol Bears he just writes the cheques and let's Pat Lam and the Rugby hierarchy there get on with it. Well Steve you have got a Football version of Pat Lam in Pearson  sign him up permanently and give him the financial support and leave him to build the coaching set up and squad. And enjoy the success as you have done with the Bears.

Archived