Team for today

It's clear that a considerable part of the team's problems is due to the unstoppable injuries and their multiple effects...but even in this situation, playing so badly at home and losing so many games is disappointing. 😕

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

Just now, Dan Robin said:

It's clear that much of the team's problems are due to the unstoppable injuries and their multiple effects...but even in this situation, playing so badly at home and losing so many games is disappointing. 😕

We’ve had players return from injury and it hasn’t improved us one bit. I wouldn’t put it past us to be this bad with a fully fit squad frankly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redsi2 said:

This has to be the least creative team I have ever seen for city. We may have been in a worse position before but even the dross I can remember in the past we would have more than 1 shot on target

I think there are creative players in there, it's just that we have changed personnel, formations, systems so often that I've no idea what the system is and who's going to be making runs where, and it looks to me like the players are in the same position. We look like 11 strangers. The days when we had a left back and a left midfielder who looked like they both knew exactly what the other would do, and so on, seems a long time ago.

28 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Surely what we are witnessing is the revelation that no one at the club knew how to assemble a squad capable of delivering promotion from the Championship. Lots of hopeful effort, but behind the scenes, from top to bottom, a bunch of novices 'having a go.' What Pearson brings is experience of having achieved the goals in the past. He will need time, resources and a degree of control. 

And a miracle.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

LJ performances were turning up at away games vs top 3 teams then followed by Luton looking like Barcelona at Ashton Gate 

Sorry - when did Luton look like Barcelona at AG? Not on their most recent visit.

1 minute ago, hollydog said:

Sorry - when did Luton look like Barcelona at AG? Not on their most recent visit.

I was being flippant tbh. Just thought of them as an example of a team near the bottom in LJ's time