IGNORED

Team for today

old_eastender

This is dire. Let's all rush and get our season tickets. We are missing out on atmosphere, Ashton Gate rocking...as nothing happens on the pitch. As I have said before big clear out needed. Not forgetting the joke of a fitness department led by Rolls and Co. More injuries!

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I honestly think it is less an issue - in the main - of crap players and more an issue of players haphazardly bought who do not gel in a system. I find it remarkable we have approximately 927 decent central midfielders but no combination of 2 or 3 that complement each other.

Doesn't matter what formation or system you play if you can only select from players unable to pass the ball or show any kind of composure under any kind of pressure. That makes the system irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Has Hunt found a teammate with a pass today yet?

The stupid thing is he's hit some decent longer channel balls, but the short 5/10 yarders and crossing have been awful.

15 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

How many more times is Jack Hunt going to give the ball away today....this time a 3 yd pass to their player from the throw in.

As above

Well if can happen to Liverpool at home. Time for a few tea cups smashed against the wall, Nigel. Then say to them  depending what performance you put in this half. Will depend weather you are at this club next season. No get out there and do it!

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not even trying to play. It has just been ball in channel time and time again. Everyone wants to give NP the benefit of doubt but can’t see any improvements. I am not convinced. Though I will concede the playing staff is of poor quality. 

I'm not sure about giving Pearson the benefit of the doubt, I strongly suspect he's looking at what he's got and thinking ahead. His track record earns him the time to do that - in my opinion.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

What game are you watching!? They've been as bad as us, but we made one of our mistakes in the 6 yard box and is the only reason they are leading.

Their work in the final third is a little bit better but in general as awful. Pretty much the only thing to look forward to is who Powell is going to provoke into punching him.

Not interested in this end of season rubbish. We’re rubbish and we all know it.   The players are the issue. 

Anyone questioning NP for this rubbish need to give their heads a wobble. We’re safe, he can now take a look at what we need going forwards, which is obviously a HUGE clear out. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Doesn't matter what formation or system you play if you can only select from players unable to pass the ball or show any kind of composure under any kind of pressure. That makes the system irrelevant.

Agree with you and LondonBristolian. This group of players look like they've been assembled by an anarchist!

That sound you can hear is more and more pennies dropping that maybe various managers aren't entirely to blame for everything that ever goes wrong at the club....

There appear to be one or two who still don't get it and are turning on Pearson already, but then short of us appointing Pep Guardiola and the same thing happening I'm not sure any more can be done for them.

Bakinson looking lost in the 10.  Not helping Wells press from the front like Bell did, when we forced turnovers high up the pitch.  Surprised he didn't swap Bakinson into CM and HNM into the 10.  Mistake imho.  Got to get someone closer with Wells to at least make the press 2v3, its 1v3, and then they bypass Bakinson (sat on Obi unnecessarily) with advanced WBs who know their defence aren't outnumbered.

Too many sloppy passes and heavy touch.

Semenyo bright.

Mariappa passing out of defence too ponderous and too long.

Massengo being let down by Lansbury.

Needs a huge improvement.

Just now, pillred said:

So you have to ask yourself does it really matter who is in charge of this team, under LJ rubbish, Holden rubbish, Pearson rubbish.

I have more faith Pearson will be the one to steer us out of this rubbish over those

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm not sure about giving Pearson the benefit of the doubt, I strongly suspect he's looking at what he's got and thinking ahead. His track record earns him the time to do that - in my opinion.

Exactly. 

I'm pretty convinced he's staying and if we still see this sort of performance from a team he's had a hand in moulding next season then he would be rightly criticised.

Right now, he's learning what works and what doesn't - and playing the rather shit deck of cards he's been dealt. 

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Not interested in this end of season rubbish. We’re rubbish and we all know it.   The players are the issue. 

Anyone questioning NP for this rubbish need to give their heads a wobble. We’re safe, he can now take a look at what we need going forwards, which is obviously a HUGE clear out

That is a must. Some people forget too easily that many of these players were more than happy for the club to get humiliated at places like Watford and ruin people's weekends as long as they got the previous Manager out. They let us down then and as long as they are at this club that will continue.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

That sound you can hear is more and more pennies dropping that maybe various managers aren't entirely to blame for everything that ever goes wrong at the club....

Yes and no. 

NP has a clean slate for me.  Let’s judge him in a years time. 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I have more faith Pearson will be the one to steer us out of this rubbish over those

He has at least the excuse it's not his team, and as the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Bakinson looking lost in the 10.  Not helping Wells press from the front like Bell did, when we forced turnovers high up the pitch.  Surprised he didn't swap Bakinson into CM and HNM into the 10.  Mistake imho.  Got to get someone closer with Wells to at least make the press 2v3, its 1v3, and then they bypass Bakinson (sat on Obi unnecessarily) with advanced WBs who know their defence aren't outnumbered.

Too many sloppy passes and heavy touch.

Semenyo bright.

Mariappa passing out of defence too ponderous and too long.

Massengo being let down by Lansbury.

Needs a huge improvement.

Conclusion: the veterans are some of our worst players.

Archived