IGNORED

ST Price Freeze for 2021/22

RedLionLad

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Both 19/20 and 20/201 ST holders can renew at first chance 

Yep, more non renewals with the prospect of more LJ than they let on imo.

Several thousand lapsed STH's they want to encourage back.

Having said that it's a very welcome move, best announce NP asap if they hope for a positive response though.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Laughable that you imply that thousands of non-renewals are down to LJ and not, y'know, due to the Global Pandemic. 

Plenty of reasonable criticisms of LJ (that you have used aplenty) without trying to pin this on him as well. 

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Having said that it's a very welcome move, best announce NP asap if they hope for a positive response though.

Oh dear......he's gone, move on, let it go.....

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sensible move by the club that should be applauded - probably means tho that the season after there’ll be an above inflation price rise............:cool2:

Why can't you just applaud and appreciate the gesture for what it is and leave it there, rather than add your habitual negative comment.

5 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Laughable that you imply that thousands of non-renewals are down to LJ and not, y'know, due to the Global Pandemic. 

Plenty of reasonable criticisms of LJ (that you have used aplenty) without trying to pin this on him as well. 

Indeed, Mr/Ms 'Without a Name', I suspect COVID, rather than LJ or DH, was a major factor in non-renewals. 

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Why can't you just applaud and appreciate the gesture for what it is and leave it there, rather than add your habitual negative comment.

I think we already know the answer to that one, don’t we?

18 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Think this was Sunderland not us.

1 minute ago, Thornbury Red said:

Not that it affects me but charging disabled supporters full price seems a bit harsh. 

It’s been 3 years in the making.

10 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

You're right that I can only speak for myself (and fellow City fans I know) but the prospect of yet another tedious season under LJ was the only reason I decided not to renew.

Does it really surprise you that long term loyal fans will have a breaking point when it comes to accepting being frustrated and bored witless at AG, and this will show in terms of ST's sold?

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not negative Phil but certainly cynical.......Experience has taught me over the many decades that I’ve going to AG nothing and I mean nothing has ever had the fans at heart. I daresay that it’s the same at every professional football club.

Btw.....I do applaud it. Read my comment again.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, Mr/Ms 'Without a Name', I suspect COVID, rather than LJ or DH, was a major factor in non-renewals. 

We (or I certainly) didn't know the extent the looming pandemic would affect football medium/long term at the time of renewal.

I guess you haven't watched City much live over the last few years Phil so don't realise quite how depressing attending AG had become.

Still, we move on now with NP - hopefully.

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That's a little harsh IMO, don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of runins with the forum troll but he's probably correct and in reality this is probably about a 2% cut for the club's main income stream as no doubt wages will rise again meaning more loss for the club. One things almost for sure - inflation won't be low this year. 

51 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Hopefully we will be able to go. Fair play for freezing prices as I see Sunderland have increased their by 10%. I thought there would of been a slight increase. We go again 

I'm not even going to go there....??

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How does it work if you want to renew but move to a different stand?

You can move seat May 4th and 5th.

Here's how to encourage a blindingly good season: results/performance based prices. No one's ever going to do it I know, but I'd feel better if we played sh1te week in week out.

My season card price is £529 (centre dolman), so why not give me the option of the following:

£20 base for each game + £5 for each win + £5 for each game where we played well (independantly assessed)

So I'd be paying £460-£690 for my season card. They'd be risking £70 for a potential £161 return. They can have the £690 upfront and refund the difference (or put it to the next season card) at the end of the year

Just imagine having to phone radio bristol and complain: "typical city, not only did they win, but they played well"

45 minutes ago, Thornbury Red said:

Not that it affects me but charging disabled supporters full price seems a bit harsh. 

Guess it depends on the nature of the disability. At least now facilities are much improved compared to the conditions wheelchair supporters had to contend with pre stadium development.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not negative Phil but certainly cynical.......Experience has taught me over the many decades that I’ve going to AG nothing and I mean nothing has ever had the fans at heart. I daresay that it’s the same at every professional football club.

Btw.....I do applaud it. Read my comment again.

Upon reflection, cynical would better describe your post, so I apologise and stand corrected.

I know you 'applauded it': my view was just that you could have ended your post there, rather than add your 'cynical' comment.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We (or I certainly) didn't know the extent the looming pandemic would affect football medium/long term at the time of renewal.

I guess you haven't watched City much live over the last few years Phil so don't realise quite how depressing attending AG had become.

Still, we move on now with NP - hopefully.

Regrettably, you are correct. 

Like many of our age, I am blessed with selective memory, so I recall the 'thrilling' matches under the managership of Fred Ford and the early Alan Dicks years just as much as I recall enjoying the Terry Cooper, Joe Jordan and Gary Johnson years.

Unfortunately, I never got to see City play live under Steve Cotterill, nor, indeed, Lee Johnson, although modern technology enabled me to follow them on line, as I still do today, but I cannot ever recall being depressed watching City live.

As I said, the beauty of selective memory.   

9 minutes ago, Pezo said:

That's a little harsh IMO, don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of runins with the forum troll but he's probably correct and in reality this is probably about a 2% cut for the club's main income stream as no doubt wages will rise again meaning more loss for the club. One things almost for sure - inflation won't be low this year. 

As I acknowledged above, cynical would probably have been a better description.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Guess it depends on the nature of the disability. At least now facilities are much improved compared to the conditions wheelchair supporters had to contend with pre stadium development.

There are two classifications as far as I’m aware. Wheelchair Disabled and Ambulant Disabled. I believe all Blue Badge holders qualify, but hopefully someone here knows more than I do.

I’m glad the club have frozen prices. Definitely the right thing to do in the current climate with many supporters having lost their jobs during the pandemic or simply having fallen out of the habit of going to games.

If NP signs a longer contract that’ll hopefully be a boost too after many fans became disillusioned in the last couple of seasons. 

Archived