IGNORED

ST Price Freeze for 2021/22

RedLionLad

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know this gets asked every season, but what’s the cutoff dates for U12. My daughter turns 13 end of August so just working out what I’m paying!!

Surely they would need to be under 12 at time of purchase or at very worst under 12 for time season starts?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

I believe it’s the season start date that counts as the cut off point.

Fair enough. I'll be buying first season ticket for my 4 year old so no need to worry about cut-off dates for me yet...can't see anything about free shirt that they used to do though?

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know this gets asked every season, but what’s the cutoff dates for U12. My daughter turns 13 end of August so just working out what I’m paying!!

She should still qualify for U12. If they already have her DoB there shouldn’t be an issue.

Having spent 55 + years a season ticket holder ,decided to spend out and do my last few years in style with a Hospitality package. First 10 years paid up front when the club needed the money and support, then a 5 year meal and seat package as a retirement gift (as i dont smoke or drink it was my pleasure). 

They may have frozen season tickets but not the Hospitality - increased 70% ,done away with age concession and cup matches to 3rd round. !! Really think they want to get rid of us loyal old farts and fill it with Corporates ,well good luck with that..

Sad really ...some may say well buy a Season Ticket in another part of the ground if you are such a loyal supporter. Sorry no, been kicked in the gollies i shall probably sit and watch it on tv and travel to away matches rather than give them the pleasure of my company and hard earned pension.

For; Reasonable cost/price frozen = South Stand £13.00 per game.................................Against; double that cost for fuel cost total= £26

.................................................................................................................................................; Holiday traffic and Marvins charges to get past/around

................................................................................................................................................Pie/Pint/coffee +£10/£13 = £36/£39.00 per game (if attending every game)

................................................................................................................................................Parking....arggggghh

If I still lived in Bristol would def buy one :o but no, not the cost so much, but the hassle of the travel and parking etc, yes I know many travel much further than Glos, considered it but no.

I will do a few games this season though :o just to see this shiny new stad that we now have.

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

So......when does Nige get confirmed as Manager for next season?

Think this will have a big bearing on the amount of STs we sell for next season.

Exactly this, while IT SEEMS NP will be here next season it is far from set in stone that he will be.

I 100% hope he is, as its the best chance we have of making a challange next season, but I am far from 100% sure that he will be.

Hoping that he is not just here as a ST seller and concerned as to why he is on such a short term contract? why not at least a rolling 1yr if not a set 2/3year at least.?

17 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

Having spent 55 + years a season ticket holder ,decided to spend out and do my last few years in style with a Hospitality package. First 10 years paid up front when the club needed the money and support, then a 5 year meal and seat package as a retirement gift (as i dont smoke or drink it was my pleasure). 

They may have frozen season tickets but not the Hospitality - increased 70% ,done away with age concession and cup matches to 3rd round. !! Really think they want to get rid of us loyal old farts and fill it with Corporates ,well good luck with that..

Sad really ...some may say well buy a Season Ticket in another part of the ground if you are such a loyal supporter. Sorry no, been kicked in the gollies i shall probably sit and watch it on tv and travel to away matches rather than give them the pleasure of my company and hard earned pension.

@headhunter had some complaint/issue about the hospitality a few months back. I can't recall the detail except I think his sentiments about what they were doing were similar to yours. They certainly don't play the long game at Bristol City.

34 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

If you paid upfront then how does the increase affect you?

30 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

So......when does Nige get confirmed as Manager for next season?

Think this will have a big bearing on the amount of STs we sell for next season.

Pearson said himself that beyond this season would be dealt with after, while I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced before the end of the season if he's happy, I would be as equally unsurprised if they stuck to the talking at the end of the season. No way is Pearson going to agree to talking about staying earlier than intended just so the club can try and sell more season tickets.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

@headhunter had some complaint/issue about the hospitality a few months back. I can't recall the detail except I think his sentiments about what they were doing were similar to yours. They certainly don't play the long game at Bristol City.

Signed up for the 5 year package in 2016 at a cost of £1349 inc VAT [*]. Applying inflation based on RPI now it is time to renew it should have cost £1500. The actual cost for a newbie would be £2194 so a massive increase above inflation.

Now, to be fair, to compensate for writing off the final year of the original deal the club have given us 25% off the "new price" for this season only which takes the cost down to £1647 but for two of us that's still £3300 but I will offset my £500 refund to mitigate the cost. Certainly won't pay £4400 next year so it will be normal season ticket from thereon.

Some in my group are pensioners. Their cost has gone from £959 to £1647 to £2194 [22/23] - I suppose that is one way of keeping those most susceptible to Covid out of the ground!!!

[*] They leave the VAT off the published prices to artificially depress them - it's all about the optics; as a business hospitality is entertainment and as such VAT is not recoverable anyway.

51 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If you paid upfront then how does the increase affect you?

The first 10 years was upfront.The 5 years was a 5 year contract invoiced yearly - which finished this season (the club would not roll over the contract even though we could not attend) and then canned the 5 year deals. So having missed the last season of our deal, the price goes up 70% !! 

1 hour ago, markcarter said:

I’m afraid not.  The question and answer part of the announcement on the official site makes it clear that if you are 12 on 1 August 2021, you do NOT qualify for an under 12 ticket.

Yes, I realised after I had posted that he said she would be 13, and not 12.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You're right that I can only speak for myself (and fellow City fans I know) but the prospect of yet another tedious season under LJ was the only reason I decided not to renew.

Does it really surprise you that long term loyal fans will have a breaking point when it comes to accepting being frustrated and bored witless at AG, and this will show in terms of ST's sold?

Fully aware that people will choose not to renew for footballing/entertainment reasons in any year. I have come close myself but end up buying as I will end up at AG anyway paying POTD prices.

The point is that last year was not a normal year, and even with poor football ST sales do not usually drop by thousands - that is down to Covid. 

Seven on the bounce. I'm not renewing until I know Pearson will be here next season. 

And even then I may not bother.

A year and a bit without seeing a live game, a viscious virus that even with full vaccination can still catch one, and do I really need to pay to watch garbage like we are now seeing on a regular basis. Other teams turn up, have a couple of goals gifted and nothing to defend against. After 71 seasons supporting City maybe it's time to retire because it's not enjoyment any more.  

Archived