IGNORED

Vaccine Passport for Ashton Gate?

balderino

How does everyone feel if they stated that you needed a Vaccine Passport for entry into Ashton Gate?

I guess it will also depend if it were mandated by the Govt or left to individual establishments and organizations.

Personally I would not support the whole concept. It does not prove that you are safe to enter anywhere as supposedly you can still catch it after you've had the jab anyway. So it only proves that you've had the jab for your benefit not to protect anyone else?

Massive ethical and logistical issues also.

Would you boycott Ashton Gate?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I'd rather enter Ashton Gate knowing that everyone inside is either vaccinated or negative tested. Without a vaccination passport how can you tell if the coughing, wheezing bloke next to you is Covid free?

Same applies for cinemas, theatres & planes. Pubs are a different situation, much more passing trade.

ps Vaccination passport required to exit the Memorial Ground 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming every SC holder had the opportunity to get vaccinated then sounds ok.

Agreed.

You can only put these types Of restrictions in place once everybody has been offered the vaccine, and not before.

• Like 2

It’s going to get messy 

And that’s before they get to the yearly booster issue 

They have no idea how long the vaccine works for with different people yet 

If I’m vaccinated, I’m not bothered if everyone else is or isn’t 

Edited by Rossi the Robin
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I'd rather enter Ashton Gate knowing that everyone inside is either vaccinated or negative tested. Without a vaccination passport how can you tell if the coughing, wheezing bloke next to you is Covid free?

Same applies for cinemas, theatres & planes. Pubs are a different situation, much more passing trade.

ps Vaccination passport required to exit the Memorial Ground 

Surely some sort of brain scan is required for being at the Memorial Ground, just to check why you are at a League Two ground?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Surely some sort of brain scan is required for being at the Memorial Ground, just to check why you are at a League Two ground?

That's generous..

• Haha 1

I'm fine about it and think it's a great idea. I have absolutely no problem with showing proof to someone when I get my vaccination. There should also be considerations for those with medical reasons for not having it, but those who are deniers and think it impacts their human rights can lose out as far as I'm concerned. This is about more than just them.

I know it's going to take time to get everyone vaccinated and so for the younger age groups it's going to potentially be an inconvenience in the short term, but how we tackle and manage life with the virus is so important.  

I really can't get my head around those arguing this is discriminatory.  I assume some of these people also kick off when they want to go on holiday to some countries and have to have vaccinations before they travel. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm sure that fake ones will be available online for a small fee.

If pubs start requiring one then I will be shelling out for the counterfeit version.

It'll be electronic? 

I'm not comfortable with the idea of pubs and shops needing vaccine passports and it places an excessive burden of responsibility for those place and I think it is overkill when masks and social distancing exist as options.

In terms of larger events and football matches, I think it important people have the option of providing evidence of a negative COVID test as an alternative but I'd rather large events could go ahead safely than either not go ahead safely or not go ahead at all. 

I understand the discussions about civil liberties for small scale events - and I'm sure Rovers, for example, could manage social distancing effectively, especially at away games - but, once you get to a scale of event where you already expect to get searched on entry, I don't think proof of a vaccine or COVID test is any more invasive than that. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 3

Just now, phantom said:

It'll be electronic? 

Sure about that?  The people I know who have bene vaccinated have little cards.  I doubt GP records are anyway up to date as I have heard of people being able to turn up to have spare vaccines when those booked in haven't shown.

I'm not an "anti-vaxxer" by the way before the non-football debate follows the same path here.  I am always perfectly happy to have a vaccine once it has been fully tested which includes going through several annual cycles.  So I will be having a vaccine but not any time soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, balderino said:

How does everyone feel if they stated that you needed a Vaccine Passport for entry into Ashton Gate?

I guess it will also depend if it were mandated by the Govt or left to individual establishments and organizations.

Personally I would not support the whole concept. It does not prove that you are safe to enter anywhere as supposedly you can still catch it after you've had the jab anyway. So it only proves that you've had the jab for your benefit not to protect anyone else?

Copied from the WHO website.  Some details about how the vaccine would help reduce the spread. Doesn't completely stop the risk but its surely better than not having the vaccine.

Vaccines work by training and preparing the body’s natural defences – the immune system – to recognize and fight off viruses and bacteria. If the body is exposed to those disease-causing pathogens later, it will be ready to destroy them quickly – which prevents illness. 

When a person gets vaccinated against a disease, their risk of infection is also reduced – so they’re also less likely to transmit the virus or bacteria to others. As more people in a community get vaccinated, fewer people remain vulnerable, and there is less possibility for an infected person to pass the pathogen on to another person. Lowering the possibility for a pathogen to circulate in the community protects those who cannot be vaccinated (due to health conditions, like allergies, or their age) from the disease targeted by the vaccine.

34 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If I’m vaccinated, I’m not bothered if everyone else is or isn’t 

This is how I see it too. I choose to be vaccinated which means I am as protected as I can be. Whether others are or not doesn't bother me. What does is having to be checked to go to a venue, be it sport, a pub or restaurant. 

By the start of next season it is planned that everyone will have been offered a vaccine. There is still a risk I could catch it but life is a risk. Just let us get on with it and stop infringing on people's right to enjoy life. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

It's a valid point and one that would sway many a season ticket holder.

If people were to renew season tickets, we would want to know whether if restrictions were put in place, whether you could get a refund.

There would be many who wouldn't want to attend or couldn't attend if a passport was made necessary.

A vaccine may make it a slightly less chance of catching it...but if you are fit and healthy with no underlying health issues you've got 99.5% chance of it not effecting you.

Looking at a great many football supporters, I'd say many were elderly, many obese and overweight and many with underlying health issues...if they caught the flu it would probably knock em for six...would they still attend if they knew a bad flu virus was about?

So a vaccine and passport really isn't going to help many.

Let's face it...this vaccine and lockdown isn't about your health. Its about keeping the hospital's manageable.

Of course people will be more likely to be catching things. We've spent a year not mixing, wearing masks, our immune systems will be weaker as we haven't been exposed to germs...and many have developed other problems from being locked in that will exacerbate the problems.

Focussing on being healthy, losing weight, getting fit, improving your immune system, exercising, getting sun and exercise, will be a far better idea, than sitting on our backsides, eating shit, getting fat and relying on a vaccine to make things better.

The fear and rhetoric that's been so easily thrown and accepted by the world is astonishing.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm sure that fake ones will be available online for a small fee.

If pubs start requiring one then I will be shelling out for the counterfeit version.

Don't think the little souvenir cards we're handing out will act as a passport even if you get them laminated. They're not signed or stamped .

All vacs are being recorded on a National portal, think it's called Pinnacle . That's where your passport will come from I'd guess.

Personally printed out my own Covid jabs from the GP records which is probably more useful than the bit of card.

• Thanks 1

I got the flu vaccine in November. Not because flu worries me but as an NHS employee I felt I should. 

I got a letter in January from NHS England encouraging me to get the flu jab. So I have no confidence the IT systems in the NHS are accurate enough to support a national passport. 

Do you use the little card they scribble on with a biro when you get jabbed? Do you need one that shows you've had a booster when they come along? No doubt they would be easy to forge. 

Apart from the libertarian argument I just don't think it is practical. 

got no problem with it as long as everyone has had a chance to be done. I,ve already started carrying my card as habit

One issue I have is if they bring it in straight away in the pubs the clientele would be vaccinated but the youngsters serving would not have had the chance

6 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Don't think the little souvenir cards we're handing out will act as a passport even if you get them laminated. They're not signed or stamped .

All vacs are being recorded on a National portal, think it's called Pinnacle . That's where your passport will come from I'd guess.

Personally printed out my own Covid jabs from the GP records which is probably more useful than the bit of card.

At what point does the vaccine expire. Will there be a date on the passport. How long do antibodies last for, do you need 2 jabs 12 weeks apart every time  - just a few questions, it’s a lot more complicated than simply having an injection and that’s you covered forever 

1 hour ago, balderino said:

Would it not be only for travelling fans , on away games 🤔 

Would make more sense to have a vaccine passport. 

I've had my first jab and awaiting my second and although I would love to get back down the ground I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that if others haven't had the opportunity due to not having the jab because of age, health ect. Just think that's unfair and will bring massive discontent. I'd personally rather wait till everyone had the opportunity.

Edited by RedRoss

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I've had my first jab and awaiting my second and although I would love to get back down the ground I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that if others haven't had the opportunity due to not having the jab because of age, health ect. Just think that's unfair and will bring massive discontent. I'd personally rather wait till everyone had the opportunity.

But that is currently expected to be achieved by July, before the season starts so not a problem. 

• Thanks 1