Vaccine Passport for Ashton Gate?

balderino

When vaccinated I got a little card with the type of vaccine and batch number - I assume that this is standard. If so, we already have a form of vaccine passport.  As we are all responsible for our own health, then it would not be too much of an imposition to show this card with the season ticket purchase or on entry to the ground for those who are vaccinated later. This should not be a big deal and we will most likely have full herd immunity by the second month of the new season anyway.

13 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

At what point does the vaccine expire. Will there be a date on the passport. How long do antibodies last for, do you need 2 jabs 12 weeks apart every time  - just a few questions, it’s a lot more complicated than simply having an injection and that’s you covered forever 

Yeah quite :) . Well in future highly unlikely you'll need 2 jabs 12 weeks apart again, but it's likely there will be a booster later in the year to cover variants, that'll be a single shot. From there probably annual like the flu where they modify the vaccine depending on the predominant strains out there. Whether we need to be able to demonstrate we've had these or not to qualify for the passport I have no idea. Likewise not sure yet how long the antibody response lasts yet from the original course of two, which may determine the frequency of boosters, but I'd expect it to be fairly long lasting for most of us.

And yep the passport will be dated, or at least I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. 

Probably should say I've got no insider info, but that's my best guess

• Flames 1

I should also add , we may not be given an actual paper document, may be a question of giving interested parties access to our records, in the same way we do insurance companies at present. No idea how that would work down the pub though.

Vaccine passports are pie in the sky at the moment imo.

Problem being, the vaccine is not 100% effective and vaccinated people have subsequently contracted the virus, albeit few and mainly without life threatening symptoms.

Also, I don't think that it is proven (yet) that a person who has had the vaccination can't carry the virus, meaning a vaccinated person may be able to transmit it to someone not vaccinated or to a person where the vaccination has not been effective.

Another point is that we still don't know how long the vaccine is effective.

For me, its all a bit too early to be looking at rolling out vaccine passports until we have a complete picture and I can't see the government sanctioning them until we get that complete picture.

And I certainly wouldn't be too complacent to think "I'm alright, I've been vaccinated." That is a false sense of security imo.

No way I'd attend AG in the current climate, and I won't be going abroad for holidays or going to the inside of pubs and certainly not cinemas, but it will hopefully all change by the end of this year.

I can wait.

• Like 2

No problem with having vaccine passports etc to get into places if that's what is required,  but will next season start under restrictions anyway 25% capacity or 10k max etc ....(i know all restrictions are supposed to be lifted in June though is there going to be a ..but)

26 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I think it’s a good idea as a temporary measure but it must be removed when COVID is fully under control. 

Aren't we almost at that point now? I'd say it's pretty close now let alone a month or so's time.

Hospital admissions and deaths now very low (40 deaths a day average over last week) and have dropped off a cliff last few months because of the vaccine (won't be due to lockdown so much because compliance levels clearly dropping all the time amongst those who have had enough of it). 31m of the most vulnerable vaccinated and once the 40s are done that is hardly anyone who will end up in hospital because of this. Schools going back clearly had little impact now we are a month on because the vaccine works - so no reason to suggest why it wouldn't work when rest of us start living again.

We've been given the end date of June for normal life (except international travel which clearly is not going to happen) which I think could be speeded up if anything so the whole talk of a vaccine passport when covid will be like the flu is way ott.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps not quite yet but I can see vaccine passports happening not just for sports stadia but for a whole host of indoor social activities and, especially foreign travel. They will never totally guarantee safety but they will offer a certain degree of confidence that the risk of infection is reduced. I have no problem with them but I'm unsure currently where it leaves kids and the under 50s. 

I’ve had the vaccine but I’m against a passport.  Will we ban all non vaccinated groups from the ground like under 18s, pregnant woman and people with severe allergies? If we let certain types of unvaccinated people to attend then we may as well let all.  The prospect of passports is obviously being used to encourage vaccine take up in the younger age groups where the risks associated with Covid is lower and uptake will probably reflect this.  We certainly shouldn’t bring anything in until everyone has had the opportunity for a jab after all we have all been in this together and there needs to be some kind of generational unity shown.  The younger generation have sacrificed a lot to keep the older generation safe.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, kernored said:

Happy to have a passport.  It looks as if will be an electronic one, as part of the NHS covid 19 app.

If you mean the government's Track and Trace app, that'll cost another few billion quid.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I’ve had the vaccine but I’m against a passport.  Will we ban all non vaccinated groups from the ground like under 18s, pregnant woman and people with severe allergies? If we let certain types of unvaccinated people to attend then we may as well let all.  The prospect of passports is obviously being used to encourage vaccine take up in the younger age groups where the risks associated with Covid is lower and uptake will probably reflect this.  We certainly shouldn’t bring anything in until everyone has had the opportunity for a jab after all we have all been in this together and there needs to be some kind of generational unity shown.  The younger generation have sacrificed a lot to keep the older generation safe.

The other thing is this will clearly be digital - what happens for those who don't have a smart phone or someone's phone batteries dies/fails on the day (which is very possible and sometimes not the owner's fault). 

I don't really see why we want a society where some people can't access events or other things because they haven't had a vaccine for something which has a survival rate of well over 99% and almost 100% if you are under 50. We already know that vaccine uptake is very high as 31m have had it and those are the ones that need it so there is actually no need to bring this in if there is any kind of trust in the vaccine. This kind of thing, if made the law etc, no doubt would cost businesses who are struggling already. Sadly nothing will surprise me anymore about what this government is willing to do and say on it all - 3 weeks to flatten the curve, things normal by xmas etc.

9 minutes ago, Red7 said:

If you mean the government's Track and Trace app, that'll cost another few billion quid.

Another 40bn that will be equally as useless no doubt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Sure about that?  The people I know who have bene vaccinated have little cards.  I doubt GP records are anyway up to date as I have heard of people being able to turn up to have spare vaccines when those booked in haven't shown.

Your electronic GP record is updated the second you have the vaccine.....as are your movements on google maps and in Bill Gates giant database 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I would imagine the use of LFTs will become more commonplace (lateral flow tests) where the result is logged on some form of eeb application. Those of us in 'higher risk' jobs are doing it already so I would imagine it's relatively easy to roll it out to everyone.

Haven't read all the thread but they've stated that passport won't apply until everyone over 18 has had offer of a jab. 

Whatever avoids another lockdown, is balanced and proportionate and doesn't disadvantage non smart phone users is fine by me

8 minutes ago, Always red said:

Haven't read all the thread but they've stated that passport won't apply until everyone over 18 has had offer of a jab. 

For the life of me I cannot see the point once everyone has been offered the jab. If it is 80%+ take up we'll reach the famed herd immunity anyway. 

It might make sense while some haven't been jabbed but what is the point after they have? If it is to force those young people who don't want it that's wrong. Why should they if they don't agree with it? Those 'put in danger' have been vaccinated so most won't get seriously ill. 

I find it baffling that it is even being considered. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

Lots of NHS workers and carers are reticent about the vaccine.

New technology, vaccine in effect subject to emergency authorisation in terms of the normal timescale- Bloodclots reported in Europe potentially linked to the vaccine- just how sure are we, can we be that it won't cause long term issues?

Surely if the vaccine protects the recipient- subject to this Health issue- a Passport isn't all that necessary, certainly outside specific areas. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

For the life of me I cannot see the point once everyone has been offered the jab. If it is 80%+ take up we'll reach the famed herd immunity anyway. 

It might make sense while some haven't been jabbed but what is the point after they have? If it is to force those young people who don't want it that's wrong. Why should they if they don't agree with it? Those 'put in danger' have been vaccinated so most won't get seriously ill. 

I find it baffling that it is even being considered. 

Its a nonsense and totally ott.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would imagine the use of LFTs will become more commonplace (lateral flow tests) where the result is logged on some form of eeb application. Those of us in 'higher risk' jobs are doing it already so I would imagine it's relatively easy to roll it out to everyone.

Aren't LFTs about as much use as a chocolate fire guard?

9 hours ago, balderino said:

How does everyone feel if they stated that you needed a Vaccine Passport for entry into Ashton Gate?

I guess it will also depend if it were mandated by the Govt or left to individual establishments and organizations.

Personally I would not support the whole concept. It does not prove that you are safe to enter anywhere as supposedly you can still catch it after you've had the jab anyway. So it only proves that you've had the jab for your benefit not to protect anyone else?

Massive ethical and logistical issues also.

Would you boycott Ashton Gate?

Would 100% back it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Aren't LFTs about as much use as a chocolate fire guard?

Depends which ones you use. The free ones are supposed to be 62% accurate while the ones companies pay for are supposed to be 92%. No idea of the cost for the better ones.

10 hours ago, balderino said:

How does everyone feel if they stated that you needed a Vaccine Passport for entry into Ashton Gate?

I guess it will also depend if it were mandated by the Govt or left to individual establishments and organizations.

Personally I would not support the whole concept. It does not prove that you are safe to enter anywhere as supposedly you can still catch it after you've had the jab anyway. So it only proves that you've had the jab for your benefit not to protect anyone else?

Massive ethical and logistical issues also.

Would you boycott Ashton Gate?

No chance. I don't plan on getting the vaccine and it shouldn't be forced on people who don't want it 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Have people just generally just sat at home watching the BBC news over the past year, and let the constant rhetoric of fear and vaccination bullshit wash over them to a point of being brain washed?

It seems so...it's like living in North Korea...feed the masses the same narrative and they eventually become apathetic and believe everything they are being told, if you keep repeating it.

I find it fascinating that people will say in general that Governments lie, and that there is always an agenda behind their moves..yet in this instance so many have just fallen in line without ever questioning what's actually happening around the world.

Quote from Boris yesterday when asked about the vaccine...

"We don't think that they entirely reduce or remove the risk of transmission."

Not just remove risk...but reduce risk.

It's a complete farce...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

What about under 16s who won't have have a jab / vaccine.

The news reports this morning suggest that a negative test certificate would be an alternative to a vaccine certificate - so you show one or the other. The suggestion is that it will be a temporary measure (one year) so that large events can restart more quickly. Sounds like we’ll hear more at the Govt press conference tomorrow though. 

• Thanks 1